PDA

View Full Version : More Angry; Maggs or Beltran to cubs??

GiveMeSox
10-29-2004, 02:43 PM
So the rumor is, at least from ESPN and Gammons, that the two hottest outfielders on the market will be Maggs and Beltran. Both represented by Boras. One will go to the yanks and one to the cubs is what he is saying as both need a an outfielder and both are basically the only two able to spend 15-20 mil per year to land them. Which is ridicolous for Maggs becuase Boras already lied and said he didn't have the extra surgey when he did and that no one can examine his knee without making a serious offer. I wouldn't even screw around with that i would sign someone else. But the cubs are the franchinse stupid enough to sign solo homer and strikeout king sammy to a deal where he gets 18 mil per year so you never know.

Rocky Soprano
10-29-2004, 03:33 PM
When did something that Gammons said actually pan out?

pinwheels3530
10-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Weren't the Yankees a lock to get Freddy Garcia last July.....just wondering!!!:rolleyes:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-29-2004, 04:58 PM
MAGS! Are you guys kidding me? They'd do all that "oh-ee-oh" magglio stuff. (I mean steal it from us) Beltran would anger me but mags going to the cubs is like salt on a wound. :angry:

doublem23
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Let the Cubs pay $15 million/year for Maggs and his bum knee.

dcb33
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I was a big fan of Maggs, but he really peed in my cereal this past year with the way he handled the whole situation. He made a big deal out of how he wasn't going to discuss his pending FA and contract situation, but all he did was talk about how the numbers weren't good enough, and ended up telling the Sox to shove it while he was injured after we offered him 12 mil a year (granted, this was before anyone knew the severity of his injury). I think it was pretty classless of him to sit on the bench when he couldn't contribute while his team was in the race for the division and complain about how the team was ripping him off by offering you 12 mil instead of 14 or 15 or whatever when he didn't even know how long his injury would last. The way he bickered and moaned about his precious contract this past year, I think he would fit right in with the rest of the Cubs.

It would pain me much more to see the Cubs snag Beltran because he would contribute immediately, whereas with Maggs no one really knows if he will ever be the same player again.