PDA

View Full Version : The Jose Guillen Situation and the Angels pen

MrKinsella
10-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I just keep looking at this situation that they have over in Anaheim with Jose Guillen, and also noticing what a great pen they have, and I keep asking myself why can't we make that work to our advantage. I mean Guillen is only making 3.5 million next year, he's not getting along with the Manager and he spent the end of the season and the playoffs off the roster. Couldn't we somehow get him and say Scott Shields as our Right handed set up guy by trading a Konerko or Lee. Cut an extra 4 million out of the budget to persue Pavano and another postion player need. Whats everybody's thoughts.

santo=dorf
10-29-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't think trading Scott Shields is an option for Anaheim. They are already losing Percival.

goodguyswearblac
10-29-2004, 01:56 PM
I think there is a reason that a man who was hitting .294 27hr 104RBI in 148 games this year was removed from a playoff team, and because of that reason and the fact the man is a lazy player in the field, I don't want him on the Southside. Sorry, But I'll take Shields.

oneil78
10-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I just keep looking at this situation that they have over in Anaheim with Jose Guillen, and also noticing what a great pen they have, and I keep asking myself why can't we make that work to our advantage. I mean Guillen is only making 3.5 million next year, he's not getting along with the Manager and he spent the end of the season and the playoffs off the roster.
Guillen is working on what seems like his 10th team in 9 seasons. I don't want him on the SouthSide until he grows up, which will probably be never.

Plus with Borchard in right, the Sox outfield is set!

wdelaney72
10-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Guillen is working on what seems like his 10th team in 9 seasons. I don't want him on the SouthSide until he grows up, which will probably be never.

Plus with Borchard in right, the Sox outfield is set!
Uh, Carl Everett is earning $4 million next year to play right field. Unless, you meant for that last sentence to be in teal.

longshot7
10-29-2004, 03:22 PM
I think there is a reason that a man who was hitting .294 27hr 104RBI in 148 games this year was removed from a playoff team, and because of that reason and the fact the man is a lazy player in the field, I don't want him on the Southside. Sorry, But I'll take Shields.
not lazy, just a really selfish a-hole type who cares more about his own stats than the team winning or losing. Also, from all reports out here - a real bad clubhouse guy.

He'd fit in perfect on the south side.

GiveMeSox
10-29-2004, 03:24 PM
I just keep looking at this situation that they have over in Anaheim with Jose Guillen, and also noticing what a great pen they have, and I keep asking myself why can't we make that work to our advantage. I mean Guillen is only making 3.5 million next year, he's not getting along with the Manager and he spent the end of the season and the playoffs off the roster. Couldn't we somehow get him and say Scott Shields as our Right handed set up guy by trading a Konerko or Lee. Cut an extra 4 million out of the budget to persue Pavano and another postion player need. Whats everybody's thoughts.
I think your underestimating the value of team chemisty. Lee is becoming the face of the white sox and its not like he is under producing for his salary. Lee is another home grown product and it would be a mistake to trade him, he is the white sox. When KW says changed need to be made i was hoping that meant to all of us the bottom 5 of our order, the easiest out in baseball would be gone; crede, davis, borchard, valentin, willie. That is where we need to improve. Getting rid of Lee would not help at all.