PDA

View Full Version : Stadiums and Teams

LAWSfan
10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
the White Sox have not played a regular season game since interleague play started.

Current Stadiums:
Petco (Padres)
Whatever corporate name for the
Phillies
Reds

Teams:
San Diego Padres?

Man Soo Lee
10-29-2004, 02:19 AM
The Sox played San Diego at home in 2003. I remember Garland losing a Sunday afternoon game 1-0.

GiveMeSox
10-29-2004, 04:58 AM
The Sox played San Diego at home in 2003. I remember Garland losing a Sunday afternoon game 1-0.
Yeah i remeber that too. I was there it was a huge dissapintment we could not get 1 stinking run to get garland off the hook.

anewman35
10-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Doesn't anybody have a White Sox calender that they handed out at the beginning of the season? This month's picture is Carlos Lee batting at the Cell, and the opposing catcher is clearly wearing a Padres jersery (it looks like a day game, so it's probably that game 1-0 game).

Over By There
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Yep - Father's Day, IIRC, which was disappointing as I took dad to the game.

CubKilla
10-29-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure the White Sox have never faced the Colorado Rockies during the lifetime of Interleague Play.

Uncle_Patrick
10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
I remember that game, it was on my birthday. I was at the game the day before, where Frank Thomas hit the game winning homer.

Tekijawa
10-29-2004, 12:08 PM
I heard on TV that Boston will be comming to Chicago for the First time this year, have we ever played at Fenway?

mantis1212
10-29-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the White Sox have never faced the Colorado Rockies during the lifetime of Interleague Play.
Right, that's the NL West team we haven't played yet- but I believe the Sox are going to Coors Field in 2005.

Brian26
10-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Doesn't anybody have a White Sox calender that they handed out at the beginning of the season? This month's picture is Carlos Lee batting at the Cell, and the opposing catcher is clearly wearing a Padres jersery (it looks like a day game, so it's probably that game 1-0 game).

Looking at it right now...

Caballo in his "action pose" after hitting a a flyball to leftfield that he assumes is a homer so he'll admire it and doesn't have to run hard.

LAWSfan
10-29-2004, 04:28 PM
So the Rockies are the only team the White Sox haven't played yet?

What NL teams have not come to Comiskey Park or the new corporate name?

Is Petco, the new Reds and Phillies Stadium the only NL stadiums the White Sox haven't played in?

Also have the White Sox played at both the old and new stadium for an NL team? Say old Riverfront and now the new Red's stadium? Maybe Houston with the Astrodome and now Minute Maid? Brewers with old County and Miller Park?

FightingBillini
10-29-2004, 04:32 PM
I have yet to see the Sox play in this BEAUTIFUL WRIGLEY FIELD everyone talks about. The only Wrigley I saw the Sox play in was a cramped, runned down, urine-soaked hell hole.

LAWSfan
10-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I have yet to see the Sox play in this BEAUTIFUL WRIGLEY FIELD everyone talks about. The only Wrigley I saw the Sox play in was a cramped, runned down, urine-soaked hell hole.
Oh come on. Who wouldn't love to sit with their knees up to their chest, drunk idiots sitting next to you, and falling brick from up above. Just a beautiful place to watch game. Who wouldn't want to experience that!!!!

FightingBillini
10-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Oh come on. Who wouldn't love to sit with their knees up to their chest, drunk idiots sitting next to you, and falling brick from up above. Just a beautiful place to watch game. Who wouldn't want to experience that!!!!
Hey, it was falling concrete, not falling bricks. Get the facts straight. Falling bricks, that sounds dangerous!

LAWSfan
10-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Hey, it was falling concrete, not falling bricks. Get the facts straight. Falling bricks, that sounds dangerous!
Picky, picky, picky.