PDA

View Full Version : An unhappy Mark Buehrle sighting.

MikeKreevich
10-28-2004, 09:38 PM
My neighbor from across the road has Cardinal's season tickets and met Mark Buehrle at game four at Busch stadium. He told me Mark was a real down to earth guy and that he was wearing a Cardinal's hat. Anybody have a problem with the Redbirds hat? I like Buehrle even more now knowing that he is still a fan.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-28-2004, 09:40 PM
My neighbor from across the road has Cardinal's season tickets and met Mark Buehrle at game four at Busch stadium. He told me Mark was a real down to earth guy and that he was wearing a Cardinal's hat. Anybody have a problem with the Redbirds hat? I like Buehrle even more now knowing that he is still a fan.
cool. i wanna meet some of the sox players

the only words ozzie guillen said to me: Here you go buddy

after singing my ball at soxfest. Yay ozzie. My cousin knows some of the sox pitchers.

batmanZoSo
10-28-2004, 09:49 PM

I don't have a problem with it. You're always a fan. You can't understimate that. He's not playing, so he's rooting for the team he grew up loving.

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Its no secret that Buerhle is a Cards fan, so I have no problem with him wearing the hat. I'd only have the problem if he was wearing it during the regular season.

mactheknife
10-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Doesn't bother me at all.

ChiSoxRowand
10-28-2004, 10:38 PM
I think it's great he was wearing a cards hat, showing he is still a fan.

jamteh
10-28-2004, 10:42 PM
I met Buerhle for a couple of minutes at Sox Fest a few years ago. He is a very down-to-earth, cool guy. Since I went to Missouri for college, we talked about Columbia a bit.

If I were a pro baseball player, no matter what team I played for, I'd always be a Sox fan at heart. There's nothing wrong with Buerhle doing the same with the Cardinals.

Irishsox1
10-28-2004, 10:48 PM
It would be weird if he wore a White Sox hat, too trendy if he wore a Red Sox hat and it would be queer if he wore a Cubs hat. So the Cards hat makes sense.

kittle42
10-29-2004, 12:16 AM
An aside....

Test for you:

Why would Cardinals in the above quote be "Cardinal's" but Redbirds would be "Redbirds"?

This is one of the most annoying misuses that is frequently seen.

Blueprint1
10-29-2004, 01:50 AM
An aside....

Test for you:

Why would Cardinals in the above quote be "Cardinal's" but Redbirds would be "Redbirds"?

This is one of the most annoying misuses that is frequently seen.
shut up

faneidde
10-29-2004, 01:53 AM
shut up
Amen. Or should that have been an exclamation point used after an interjection?

kittle42
10-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Bah - I'm just performing my civic duty!

hold2dibber
10-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Bah - I'm just performing my civic duty!
Trying to enforce proper grammar and style on an internet message board is like trying to stop an avalanche with tissue paper.

santo=dorf
10-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Don't forget the capitalization of the first word of the fragmented sentence. :smile: