PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else completely ignoring the sports media?

Win1ForMe
10-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Because of my desire to avoid puking in lieu of a Red Sox WS win celebration (and the subsequent "now it's the Cubs turn" sentiment), I've had to basically stop watching and listening to any and all sports programming. I avoided the last two WS games, have not watched SportsCenter in the last week, and basically tuned out sports radio (which really wasn't something I listened to anyway).

Just curious if there's anyone else going through the same ordeal?

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Because of my desire to avoid puking in lieu of a Red Sox WS win celebration (and the subsequent "now it's the Cubs turn" sentiment), I've had to basically stop watching and listening to any and all sports programming. I avoided the last two WS games, have not watched SportsCenter in the last week, and basically tuned out sports radio (which really wasn't something I listened to anyway).

Just curious if there's anyone else going through the same ordeal?Feeling is mutual my friend

Palehose13
10-28-2004, 08:33 PM

Yep

batmanZoSo
10-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Last year WAS the cubs turn. But, well, we all remember this...

http://home.comcast.net/~fakeplastic18/cub.jpg

Yeah, they blew it. See you in 50 years.

:hawk
Thas a biiiig crooked number up own that board...Mercy.

Orta 4-6-3
10-29-2004, 12:36 PM
I haven't watched "SportsCenter" since the Sox were given so little respect during the 2000 season.

SOXSINCE'70
10-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Can't watch "Baseball Tonight"or "Sportscenter".Can't
watch ConCast,can't listen to the Snore.Even Mac,
Jurko and Harry with all their sCrUbS talk are a pain.

I'm happier without them.Good Riddance.:angry: :angry:

:moron

"It's all my fault!! I AM AN ANTICHRIST!!":angry: :angry:

Railsplitter
10-30-2004, 01:57 PM

Seems a bit petulant to me.

Brian26
10-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Last year WAS the cubs turn. But, well, we all remember this...

http://home.comcast.net/~fakeplastic18/cub.jpg

God, that is a beautiful sight. Just think about it. They even had a 3-run lead going into the 8th, feeling oh-so-confident because of that insurance run in the bottom of the 7th. And then- BAM!

:bandance:

dpbyron
10-30-2004, 08:07 PM
see below

batmanZoSo
10-30-2004, 08:53 PM
God, that is a beautiful sight. Just think about it. They even had a 3-run lead going into the 8th, feeling oh-so-confident because of that insurance run in the bottom of the 7th. And then- BAM!

:bandance:

That picture is art. And I don't mean that in a tongue-in-cheek, cub hating way. It really is beautiful.

Yes, credit goes to dpb and possibly one other poster for finding such a neat pic and sigging it.

DSpivack
10-31-2004, 01:10 AM
You may complain about the Red Sox winning the Series and equating it with the Cubs.

You know what, though? The Cubs haven't won anything, the last time they were in the playoffs we all know how well they choked, and how well they whined and moaned their way into missing the playoffs this year.

Manny may be an aloof sports star that is incredibly self-absorbed, but he isn't nearly as bad as Shamme or Alou.

The Red Sox did not fire a class announcer because he would dare speak out against the team.

The Red Sox do not have a guy whose skills are getting older refuse to move down in the order because all he cares about is his ego, instead of how well, or how poorly he actually does.

The Red Sox may get more publicity than they deserve on an average basis, and the media may be in a Carmine love fest right now, but they won the Series for the first time since 1918. I'm not a lover of them, but they are NOT the Scrubs. They actually have won--- for once. I'd like to see THAT out of a Chicago team.

Dan H
10-31-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm with DSpivack. Win something and you won't have to worry about getting respect from the media. You will have earned it.

SOXSINCE'70
10-31-2004, 10:19 AM
see below

That photo is beautiful.Maybe i'll send it to my sCrUBS
loving brother in law for Christmas.:rolling: :rolling: