PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching SC right now?

shagar69
10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
did you guys see that segment they just had about the scrubs still being cursed. they had some reporter in chicago interview three cub fans and also the interview of the billy goat tavern owner. they also talked about how the bosox and cubs will play next year for the first time since 1918. the bitch reporter doesnt even mention the sox at all during the entire segment even though it was supposed to be about chicago. DP did mention us though for a second. after the segement he said "hey dont forget about the white sox, they havent won since 1917. but the cubs streak has been longer." im so damn tired of this bull****!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DumpJerry
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Do we want to be mentioned in such a dumb *** story? Glad to be left out and treated like a normal baseball team. The Flubs will never be a normal team.

shagar69
10-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Do we want to be mentioned in such a dumb *** story? Glad to be left out and treated like a normal baseball team. The Flubs will never be a normal team.
well the story wasnt only about curses or cubs. it was supposed to about the WS drought in CHICAGO, not the cubs specifically, although thats what is turned out to be

mdep524
10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
You're right in that we don't want to be associated with such a stupid story. But, at the same time, what really irks me is the media plays it off as if there is no other team in Chicago. I saw the segment, and it was terrible. My God, how much attention can the frickin' Cubs get? Dan Patrick showed a little class by at least acknowledging there are two teams in Chicago.

batmanZoSo
10-28-2004, 08:34 PM
You're right in that we don't want to be associated with such a stupid story. But, at the same time, what really irks me is the media plays it off as if there is no other team in Chicago. I saw the segment, and it was terrible. My God, how much attention can the frickin' Cubs get? Dan Patrick showed a little class by at least acknowledging there are two teams in Chicago.

Why are the cubs even getting attention right now? What do they have to do with ANYTHING?

mactheknife
10-28-2004, 09:02 PM
As much as it bugs me, i'm trying to just not watch. No matter how much it kills us, it's never going to change.

Jerko
10-28-2004, 11:16 PM
I can't take ESPN anymore. For the next little while I will only watch ESPN for football games. Now they're showing the story of an old woman who died before she got to see the beloved Red Sox win the WS, or if this is the best Red Sox team ever, or how Red Sox fans take losing personally where no other cities' fans do, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nausem. I guess no other team in sports has fans that will never see a title in their lives. What's next? Bengal Nation? The sad thing about all this is that the players went out and battled the Yankees after being down 3-0, and killed the Cards, making history on the way, and the only thing everyone will remember is the stupid ass puke inducing curse crap and some old lady who missed the WS. My grandfather was a Cub fan; he never saw them win during his life but I didn't see an expose on ESPN about him. **** Espn. Or should I say, ESP(NE) for new england. Gammons and Ryan can go blow each other in Martha's Vineyard and fade off into Cape Cod or whatever it's called for all I care.

FarWestChicago
10-28-2004, 11:20 PM
I can't take ESPN anymore.I quit watching ESPN the Tabloid a couple years ago and I've never regretted it. I'll catch live broadcasts of games, but I won't watch their studio garbage. It astonishes me to see people on here who are always watching it and getting pissed off. If you put your hand on a hot stove and burn it, do you expect a different outcome the next time you hit that red coil? http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif

Jerko
10-28-2004, 11:25 PM
I USED to enjoy ESPNews for updates and stats and stuff, but no more. I saw tonite's garbage because I had the VT/GT game on and didn't change it fast enough when the game ended. I won't make that mistake again.

FarWestChicago
10-28-2004, 11:27 PM
I USED to enjoy ESPNews for updates and stats and stuff, but no more. I saw tonite's garbage because I had the VT/GT game on and didn't change it fast enough when the game ended. I won't make that mistake again.Yeah, you gotta get on the remote when a game ends. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif