PDA

View Full Version : Buckner tells BoSox nation don't "forgive" me

TommyJohn
10-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Bill Buckner has told Red Sox fans not to "forgive" him, saying he did nothing wrong. I agree. If anything, he should decide if he wants to forgive the
ape**** maniacs who picked on his kids and made his life hell.

Side note: Some people in this world are just cruel and rotten.

Link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3118274

Right on, Billy Buck. I only wish you would've used stronger language on the
people who drove you to Idaho.

jackbrohamer
10-28-2004, 06:42 PM
The Red Sox "nation" are a bunch of idiots for demonizing Buckner. If they need to demonize something for the 1986 WS start with Calvin Schiraldi, without his terrible pitching the Red Sox would have won before that play happened.

batmanZoSo
10-28-2004, 09:10 PM
The Red Sox "nation" are a bunch of idiots for demonizing Buckner. If they need to demonize something for the 1986 WS start with Calvin Schiraldi, without his terrible pitching the Red Sox would have won before that play happened.

You would think the true fans of a team would actually follow the game and recognize what went wrong and who the culprits are. For one, Buckner shouldn't have been out there, and the relievers just blew it plain and simple. Wasn't the game tied at the time of the error? I don't know for sure..but at any rate, that was only game 6.

It's just like the cub fans last year. Alex Gonzalez makes botches a double play that would've saved 5 or 6 eventual runs. Baker doesn't recognize that Prior has nothing left...but let's blame the guy in the stands. It's unbelievable how stupid people are.

thepaulbowski
10-29-2004, 08:40 AM
You would think the true fans of a team would actually follow the game and recognize what went wrong and who the culprits are. For one, Buckner shouldn't have been out there, and the relievers just blew it plain and simple. Wasn't the game tied at the time of the error? I don't know for sure..but at any rate, that was only game 6.

It's just like the cub fans last year. Alex Gonzalez makes botches a double play that would've saved 5 or 6 eventual runs. Baker doesn't recognize that Prior has nothing left...but let's blame the guy in the stands. It's unbelievable how stupid people are.
I think Buckners error caused the tying run to score and/or get to third. Can't remember for sure though. I bet Fenway could give a pitch by pitch script of the events. :D:

Dick Allen
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I think Buckners error caused the tying run to score and/or get to third. Can't remember for sure though. I bet Fenway could give a pitch by pitch script of the events. :D:Buckner's error let in the winning run. But before that, Red Sox relievers couldn't get the job done with one out to go and a 3(?) run lead and nobody on base.

Fenway
10-29-2004, 11:37 AM
What people forget

IF Buckner fields the ball, there was nobody covering first.. Bob Stanley wasn't even close

thepaulbowski
10-29-2004, 02:49 PM
What people forget

IF Buckner fields the ball, there was nobody covering first.. Bob Stanley wasn't even close
Who cares!!! Just blame Bill!!!!:)