PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ryan's statement in the globe about the Cubs.

Justafan
10-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Are the Cubs and Red Sox joined at the hip? It will never end.
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/28/as_wed_expect_it_was_wild_ride?pg=full

thecell
10-28-2004, 04:26 PM
:chunks

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Bob Ryan is a tool.

MUsoxfan
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I emailed him this afternoon to question him about this, and he replied "Stop it. You know the deal." And the lunacy continues.....

schmitty9800
10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Idiot drivel coming from the keyboard/mouth of Bob Ryan is never a suprise.

Jerko
10-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Didn't he recently get booted off the air for a week for some stupid ass comments? I'm so sick of this Cub/Red Sox fan fluff when they drove Buckner to Idaho and Bartman into hiding. And WE'RE the bad fans? Screw that idiot. That whole network is starting to bother me from Piss Vermin on down. And Red Sox fans; the ones of you who are "embracing" Cubdumb, shame on you. I thought you knew better.

TommyJohn
10-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Didn't he recently get booted off the air for a week for some stupid ass comments? I'm so sick of this Cub/Red Sox fan fluff when they drove Buckner to Idaho and Bartman into hiding. And WE'RE the bad fans? Screw that idiot. That whole network is starting to bother me from Piss Vermin on down. And Red Sox fans; the ones of you who are "embracing" Cubdumb, shame on you. I thought you knew better.
Interesting observation. We're known as the "white trash" who jump on fields
and attack people. Just think of that offensive "spankwad" cartoon on the
internet that got attention last season. Yet no one makes a cartoon about
how ape**** maniacs made life a living hell for Buckner or Bartman. I don't
recall any White Sox fans doing that. Not that we're perfect, of course. It's
just that they pulled off crap like that and came out smelling like a rose.

On a side note, does Jerry Dybzinski live in hiding? has he had to run away
from the world?

Fenway
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Bob Ryan on WEEI.

"I have been getting angry e-mails from White Sox fans..all 8 of them"

santo=dorf
10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Bob Ryan on WEEI.

:rolleyes:
Did he threaten slap any of our wives like Juwanda Kidd?

TommyJohn
10-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Bob Ryan on WEEI.

Does anybody still wonder why some White Sox fans utterly despise the
sports media?

bigfoot
10-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Bob Ryan on WEEI.

Ryan must have the longest arm in the Northeast. Grown just to pat himself on the back. IF, eight White Sox fans e-mailed Ryan, they had to be to ONLY Sox fans that give two pitootees about the pompous gasbag. The rest just understand that every town has its "Mariotti".

SoxFan76
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
I wish these guys would do a little homework before belittling (sp?) our fan base. The White Sox have been a mediocre team for so long now, and yet our attendance is always middle of the pack. And look what happened in 2004 when the team started WINNING: sell out night after night. Makes me sick what these drillrods say on their shows.

Frankfan4life
10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Ryan must have the longest arm in the Northeast. Grown just to pat himself on the back. IF, eight White Sox fans e-mailed Ryan, they had to be to ONLY Sox fans that give two pitootees about the pompous gasbag. The rest just understand that every town has its "Mariotti".What that moron said was an insult and he knew it. The media knew when they jumped all over the red sox bandwagon that they were snubbing the White Sox. So they justified it by saying the Sox don't have a "nation" or a "curse" so they're just not interesting.

That's why I was rooting for the Yankees to beat the red sox. All you Sox fans who rooted for the bosox got no recognition at all.

Furthermore, eight emails is a lot considering he even bothered to mention it.

PaulDrake
10-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Bob Ryan on WEEI.

"I have been getting angry e-mails from White Sox fans..all 8 of them" Make that nine.

FightingBillini
10-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Here is what I just sent him. I will post any response I get.

Well Bob, I guess this is at least the 9th email you have gotten on the subject. I would love to say that Chicago doesn't have such media fools as you, but Mariotti goes on TV daily to embarrass himself and us. If you are saying that the fan bases of Boston and the Cubs are the same, I will agree to a certain extent. Both play in antiquated, urine soaked ballparks. However, Bostonians never thought winning was cute. They don't go to the park just because its the place to be. They don't go to the park solely to get hammered and look at sorority girls. Furthermore, the Cubs created the "curse" themselves to get publicity for a team that was less than an afterthought in Chicago during the 1950's. Coincidentally, that was the last time the White Sox had ownership that actually tried to win anything. I'm sure in your hurry to write this article you forgot that Jerry Reinsdorf was the biggest hawk of all the owners pushing for the players strike in 94, a year when the White Sox had a very good chance to win it all. He showed just how much he valued the fans and cared about winning. Maybe you forgot the White Flag trade in 1997 when we were 3 1/2 games back in the central and in the hunt for the wild card. The White Sox fans haven't forgotten. Oh, or maybe you don't know that the ownership has raised ticket prices every year for the past 15 years to "stay competitive" while bringing in such second-rate talent as Carl Everett twice, Todd Ritchie, and Jaime Navarro. It wasn't until this year that the fans started coming back regularly. Our attendance was the same as last year, although injuries and a lack of depth made the last two months of the season unwatchable. We set a US Cellular Field record for sellouts this year. If the White Sox put together a 95 win team next year, they will draw over 2.5mil. We go to the park to watch the games and see a winner, not to be seen. On a different note, best of luck to you, Bob. Now that Boston is no longer a town of miserable losers, I'm sure people wont be reading your self-loathing drivel. If things go south, you can always come to Chicago and try to out-jackass Mariotti.

Bill Blake

santo=dorf
10-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Here is what I just sent him. I will post any response I get.

Well Bob, I guess this is at least the 9th email you have gotten on the subject. I would love to say that Chicago doesn't have such media fools as you, but Mariotti goes on TV daily to embarrass himself and us. If you are saying that the fan bases of Boston and the Cubs are the same, I will agree to a certain extent. Both play in antiquated, urine soaked ballparks. However, Bostonians never thought winning was cute. They don't go to the park just because its the place to be. They don't go to the park solely to get hammered and look at sorority girls. Furthermore, the Cubs created the "curse" themselves to get publicity for a team that was less than an afterthought in Chicago during the 1950's. Coincidentally, that was the last time the White Sox had ownership that actually tried to win anything. I'm sure in your hurry to write this article you forgot that Jerry Reinsdorf was the biggest hawk of all the owners pushing for the players strike in 94, a year when the White Sox had a very good chance to win it all. He showed just how much he valued the fans and cared about winning. Maybe you forgot the White Flag trade in 1997 when we were 3 1/2 games back in the central and in the hunt for the wild card. The White Sox fans haven't forgotten. Oh, or maybe you don't know that the ownership has raised ticket prices every year for the past 15 years to "stay competitive" while bringing in such second-rate talent as Carl Everett twice, Todd Ritchie, and Jaime Navarro. It wasn't until this year that the fans started coming back regularly. Our attendance was the same as last year, although injuries and a lack of depth made the last two months of the season unwatchable. We set a US Cellular Field record for sellouts this year. If the White Sox put together a 95 win team next year, they will draw over 2.5mil. We go to the park to watch the games and see a winner, not to be seen. On a different note, best of luck to you, Bob. Now that Boston is no longer a town of miserable losers, I'm sure people wont be reading your self-loathing drivel. If things go south, you can always come to Chicago and try to out-jackass Mariotti.

Bill Blake:roflmao: :Rocker:

Good stuff right there!