PDA

View Full Version : Is Nomar getting a ring?

ChiSoxRowand
10-28-2004, 04:12 PM
I thought the Red Sox said he wasn't, but when I was watching ESPN earlier today I thought they said he was. Maybe they meant the world series share, I know he is getting that. There is no way he should get a ring. I will be really pissed if he does. He was hurt half the time he was there, and all he did was sit and complain. And they started going on a roll once they traded him.

Rocky Soprano
10-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I always wondered how that would work. I did know that the team gets to vote if the player gets a full or partial share of the playoff pot. I would doubt that he gets a ring, he didnt help the team win.

Fenway
10-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I thought the Red Sox said he wasn't, but when I was watching ESPN earlier today I thought they said he was. Maybe they meant the world series share, I know he is getting that. There is no way he should get a ring. I will be really pissed if he does. He was hurt half the time he was there, and all he did was sit and complain. And they started going on a roll once they traded him.
The team voted him a full share and Theo said ownership will decide on the ring
My guess is they will give him one

Baby Fisk
10-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Why would he want one? He won JACK SQUAT.

ChiSoxRowand
10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
And like I said they started winning once they traded him.

eriqjaffe
10-28-2004, 04:32 PM
"Consolation Prize"

nitetrain8601
10-28-2004, 04:38 PM
They are going to be giving him one. The team decided that he was instrumental as well. Personally I find it insulting to Todd Walker because he contributed just as much. Now he's going to see Nomar with a ring.

Mickster
10-28-2004, 04:56 PM
They are going to be giving him one. The team decided that he was instrumental as well. Personally I find it insulting to Todd Walker because he contributed just as much. Now he's going to see Nomar with a ring.
How did Walker contribute just as much as Nomar during 2004?

Baby Fisk
10-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Call me the ring nazi, but if you were on another team's roster when your old team wins the world series, you shouldn't get a damn ring!

thepaulbowski
10-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Didn't the Pistons want to do something similar after they traded Adrian Dantley and won the title?

Mickster
10-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Call me the ring nazi, but if you were on another team's roster when your old team wins the world series, you shouldn't get a damn ring!
http://www.soupnazi.homestead.com/files/Bradford_125smaller.jpg
NO RING for you!!

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I agree. The players that actually played in the WS should get a ring. That's it. Nomar is no longer a part of the Red Sox organization, so he shouldn't get one.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 05:09 PM
You know what is really disturbing about this? A member of the Cubs is going to be walking around with a World Series ring. This is even worse than when MLB let Baker manage the All Star Game even though he was no longer with the Giants.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-28-2004, 05:54 PM
http://www.soupnazi.homestead.com/files/Bradford_125smaller.jpg
NO RING for you!!

:rolling: x 1 million

anywho i dont think no-mah deserves one.

shagar69
10-28-2004, 05:57 PM
actually i dont think he is getting one. he is definitley getting a WS share, but no ring. anyway thats what i just heard on PTI

robertks61
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
He doesn't deserve one, the cub didn't win anything!

Soxzilla
10-28-2004, 06:29 PM
You know what is really disturbing about this? A member of the Cubs is going to be walking around with a World Series ring. This is even worse than when MLB let Baker manage the All Star Game even though he was no longer with the Giants.
First off, Nomar probably won't be with the cubs next year.

Second off, Maddux has a ring.

Third off, the Cubs still suck.

Fourth off, Nomar doesn't deserve won, and if he got won, and I saw him with it on ... I would declare SHENANIGANS.

depy48
10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
although nomar doesnt deserve a ring, i for one would be upset if ellis burkes didnt get a ring. he was a class act in the clubhouse, and a leader. even though he didnt contribute much to the playoff run and wasnt on the playoff roster, i still believe a class act like him playing his final year on the team where he started deserves a ring

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 06:41 PM
although nomar doesnt deserve a ring, i for one would be upset if ellis burkes didnt get a ring. he was a class act in the clubhouse, and a leader. even though he didnt contribute much to the playoff run and wasnt on the playoff roster, i still believe a class act like him playing his final year on the team where he started deserves a ring
Ellis Burks will definitely get a ring. You don't need to worry about that.

SomebodyToldMe
10-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Fourth off, Nomar doesn't deserve won, and if he got won, and I saw him with it on ... I would declare SHENANIGANS.
I'll get my broom!

LongLiveFisk
10-28-2004, 06:47 PM

Totally agree, BF. It's kind of like if my company lays me off in July, does that mean I still get my Christmas bonus in December?! :kukoo:

HomeFish
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
If Torborg got a ring last year, I don't see how Nomar won't get one this year.

Soxzilla
10-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Why did I say 'won' instead of one?:rolleyes:

GrAmM3r iZ 4 m3!

EDIT - So if Nomar gets a ring ... then shouldn't Billy Koch. Since he was instrumental in the boston red sox's acquiring of Keith Foulke?

:bkoch:
"I'm dissappointed I couldn't contribute more guys, I'm sorry"

soxfan26
10-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Why would he get a ring? Did Mia admit to having relations with some bellboy in Athens?

ChiSoxRowand
10-28-2004, 08:03 PM
I am pretty sure all players on the 40 man roster or the DL get a ring, so Ellis should be getting one.I don't care if someone hits .500, if they get traded at midseason they should not get a ring. I saw something on ESPN and I thought they said he will not be getting a ring.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 08:24 PM
The only other thing I'm going to say about this situation is that if Nomar gets a ring, then any other players the Red Sox might have dealt or released during the season should get one, as well.

batmanZoSo
10-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I always wondered how that would work. I did know that the team gets to vote if the player gets a full or partial share of the playoff pot. I would doubt that he gets a ring, he didnt help the team win.

If you ask me, Gabe Kapler shouldn't get a share of the money. He's like Joe Klein of the 97 Bulls...he was just there.