PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times having a banner day

Chisox353014
10-10-2001, 04:44 PM
In addition to this pretty funny Carol Slezak column (http://www.suntimes.com/output/slezak/cst-spt-carol10.html), there was also a letter to the editor in the print version of today's paper describing what a craphole Wrigley is written by a Sox fan. Two anti-Cub items in one day! I almost passed out when I read them.
:moron
"Don't worry. I'll be writing a nice "empty blue seats" article tomorrow."

Nellsin
10-10-2001, 10:04 PM
That letter is in the SunTimes online too -- here it is:

Wrigley Field a dump

I have been a White Sox fan for many years. I was proud of the fact that I had never been to Wrigley Field, until my son got free tickets for a recent Sunday afternoon game. My experience was shocking.

It was dark, the numbers on the row of seats was unreadable, the seat was loose and uncomfortable, the restroom was an old trough, the snack area was old and narrow. My bratwurst was shriveled up. The scoreboard is a disgrace, with absolutely no information about the players or stats.

I now see that going to Wrigley is just a matter of going for the experience (like going to a museum), not for seeing a baseball game. How can the owners justify the poor shape of the ballpark? It's time to tear it down and start over, not add on.

Now I appreciate beautiful Comiskey Park even more. Wow, am I ever glad I'm a Sox fan.

Marty Kleyweg, Downers Grove

October 10, 2001

Jerry_Manuel
10-10-2001, 10:16 PM
Now I appreciate beautiful Comiskey Park even more. Wow, am I ever glad I'm a Sox fan.

:moron
Yes those blue seats are lovely this time of year.