PDA

View Full Version : series mvp

idseer
10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
is manny, but couldn't a good case be made for keith? 1 win plus 2 saves?

CubKilla
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah. I was pretty surprised when WoManny was named WS MVP. For spiking himself?

balke
10-28-2004, 12:55 PM
I think it should've gone to a pitcher of some sort. Keith was pretty good, but gave up 1 run in relief. But still. Manram looked plain silly in the outfield, just made the pitching staff's game more difficult. Oh well, that's MLB for ya, the face gets it as long as he hit a HR or 2.

fquaye149
10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
hit .412 with 4 ribbies and a big hr in game 3.

not the most impressive world series mvp but certainly among the hitters the most valuable, and none of the pitchers really did a ton...after all, no starting pitcher pitched more than 1 game and got plenny run support

balke
10-28-2004, 01:26 PM
How is it when Schilling, Pedro, and Lowe all pitch 6-7 scoreless innings, shutting down the NL's 3 MVP candidates, not even allowing a hit between them other than a bunt... that they didn't do anything?

Each had to deal with games with multiple ridiculous errors that prolonged the inning, and put runners in scoring position. THey all pitched through it. Then Kieth came in and shut down the top sluggers, besides Larry walker's solo HR. THeir pitching was the real story of the WS. When I think of Manny, all I see is his dropped catch in the outfield, and lucky throwout on a poor running mistake by the Cardinals. I'd vote Schill or Pedro, or perhaps even Lowe. They were near impossible to hit.

gosox41
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM

Didn't you see Foulke choke with all that pressure of pitching in many big games? He can't handle the pressure.

Bob