PDA

View Full Version : White Sox now have the most "mystique" in the AL

Bisco Stu
10-27-2004, 11:46 PM
If JR knows ANYTHING about PR, the White Sox should become the new Red Sawx starting tomorrow.

REVERSE THE REAL CURSE!

Parrothead
10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
If JR knows ANYTHING about PR, the White Sox should become the new Red Sawx starting tomorrow.

REVERSE THE REAL CURSE!
Maybe Brooks should start making that a marketing tool.

Jjav829
10-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Maybe Brooks should start making that a marketing tool.Here's a marketing tool....Come see your 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! Short, simple, to the point. If only he can use it in 2006...

SomebodyToldMe
10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Here's a marketing tool....Come see your 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! Short, simple, to the point. If only he can use it in 2006...
Or we could take a page out of the Bulls Handbook.

"Come see the 2004 Champion Red Sox play the White Sox. Hey, Why not us?"

Whitesox029
10-28-2004, 12:18 AM
most mystique? really? are we talking about a double-blow to both boston and new york? I have this hunch that the yankees will awalys be first in "mystique." And since when have we won a world series more recently than the Red Sox? Shouldn't we have had the most "mystique" in the first place? If we didn't have it then we won't have it now. Just watch it'll go straight to Cleveland.

You don't have to pass 1917 on your way from 1918 to 1948.

mactheknife
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
I can't believe you people, already tossing around curse talk.

There is no curse. The cubs are not cursed. The Red Sox were not cursed. We are not cursed.

I thought this would be the one place where I could find some sanity, apparently I was wrong. If any sort of official "curse" talk works its way into advertising or marketing this season, i will not attend a single game.

soxnut
10-28-2004, 12:39 AM
I can't believe you people, already tossing around curse talk.

There is no curse. The cubs are not cursed. The Red Sox were not cursed. We are not cursed.

I thought this would be the one place where I could find some sanity, apparently I was wrong. If any sort of official "curse" talk works its way into advertising or marketing this season, i will not attend a single game.

Whattaya know....the 1,000,000 reason a Sox fan won't go to a game--geez, I thought we ran out of excuses.

mactheknife
10-28-2004, 12:42 AM
that's the only one i ever used...i'm a little more forgiving than most, but that would be too much.

manuelsucks
10-28-2004, 12:52 AM

REVERSE THE REAL CURSE!
Some people will complain about this, but hey, whatever puts butts in the seats and gets people talking about the White Sox is ok with me!

rwcescato
10-28-2004, 01:20 AM
most mystique? really? are we talking about a double-blow to both boston and new york? I have this hunch that the yankees will awalys be first in "mystique." And since when have we won a world series more recently than the Red Sox? Shouldn't we have had the most "mystique" in the first place? If we didn't have it then we won't have it now. Just watch it'll go straight to Cleveland.

You don't have to pass 1917 on your way from 1918 to 1948.
The folks at fox said the only team left are the Chicago Cubs. We are a charter member of the American League and we are not even mentioned or recognized by any media anywhere as being a team that has not won a WS for 87 years and counting. That my friend is sad. I am happy for Boston It took them 3 WS to win a Championship. I would love to be the Cardinals and win a league pennant once in my lifetime. I have a picture of the World Champions team of 1917 and just look at them and say thanks for 1919.
Lets hope we have agood off-season. Those poor Red Sox and their 120 million dollar payroll. Listen and learn JR you have to spend to win.
Rich