PDA

View Full Version : It's All Over!

RKMeibalane
10-27-2004, 11:40 PM
The Red Sox have finally done it.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-27-2004, 11:41 PM
NOOOOO I CANT BELIEVE IT! DAMN IT!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

This world series was SOOO BORING. jeese!

those red sox bastards pulled it off. Oh well thats it for baseball for a while.

Cardinal....Fan....Fading...Away....

SomebodyToldMe
10-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Cub fans are partying everywhere.

Viva Magglio
10-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Hell has just frozen over.

CubsfansareDRUNK
Hell has just frozen over.
Cubs won the world series?

Viva Magglio
Cub fans are partying everywhere.
And those dopes will probalby take credit for the victory.

Viva Magglio
10-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Cubs won the world series?
Nope, if that happened, hell would come up here.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-27-2004, 11:44 PM
ah..

Viva Magglio
10-27-2004, 11:45 PM
I spared myself the Fox broadcast of the final inning...I listened to Mike Shannon on KMOX.

Jjav829
Congrats Boston Red Sox and Boston Red Sox fans. You've just experienced something that no one on this board (with the exception of the Marlins fans and fans of other teams) has ever experienced. A World Series Championship. :(:

Yet another depressing day in the life of a White Sox fan. We get to watch a team that hadn't won a World Series Championship since a year after we last won one, celebrate a World Series Championship. Lovely....

Let Free Agency begin! And the White Sox damn well better be active!

StepsInSC
The city of Boston is probably in ruins by now.

ChiWhiteSox1337
And those dopes will probalby take credit for the victory.
They should. They took the walking whining machine Nomar Garciaparra off of the Red Sox' hands. :)

RKMeibalane
That made me laugh out loud.

Viva Magglio
10-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Manny = WSMVP

SomebodyToldMe
Let Free Agency begin!
Exactly!

CubsfansareDRUNK
so what are we..the 2nd highest team that hasn't won a world series since baseball existed?

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Congrats Red Sox. They dominated the last two games. The Cards played like they didn't even want it. The Red Sox deserved the victory.

A World Series victory...every October I am reminded that it is a joy that, as a fan, I've never known.

Jjav829
10-27-2004, 11:49 PM
so what are we..the 2nd highest team that hasn't won a world series since baseball existed?
Yeah, behind the losers on the North Side. The only good thing is their management seems to care even less about winning than Reinsdorf. Chicago sports suck.

santo=dorf
:ohno
"Congratulations! We are now officially part of the ****tiest baseball city in the world."
:(:

Uncle_Patrick
yes, sir. Not that anyone cares, outside of White Sox fans.

JGarlandrules20
Congrats to the red sox. Congrats to Keith Foulke who was a STUD during the postseason.

It's our turn.
..1918. 2004.
..1917. 2005

I can hope, right?

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Yeah, behind the losers on the North Side. The only good thing is their management seems to care even less about winning than Reinsdorf. Chicago sports suck.
its so depressing!!!:whiner:

glad those fools are behind us though! :cool: Depression Gone!

Viva Magglio
Red Sox fans' banner at Busch Stadium: WE FORGIVE BILL BUCKNER.

santo=dorf
We have always had the 2nd longest streak without a championship, and I hope and pray that'll change soon. :(:

Jjav829
10-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Patience my ass Bud. Red Sox fans weren't patient and we sure as hell aren't either. Get your ass off my TV now.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Patience my ass Bud. Red Sox fans weren't patient and we sure as hell aren't either. Get your ass off my TV now.
its like watching the cubs! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

soxfan26
10-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Red Sox fans' banner at Busch Stadium: WE FORGIVE BILL BUCKNER.
:rolling:

Jjav829
10-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I'd like to see Kenny Williams popping a cork and spraying champagne someday soon. Man, I'm really pissed off right now. :angry: :whiner:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-27-2004, 11:56 PM
well goodnight everyone. sad thing watching the red sox just take it like that. and i had so my faith in the cardinals! so much! just a sad thing thinking that the white sox will never accomplish something like that. It's every person's all-time dream on this board for that to happen. All the cubs fans...ALL of them would bow down and worship us, their masters. they cant do JACK about it.

ssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh :(::(:

SomebodyToldMe
10-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Man, I'm really pissed off right now. :angry: :whiner:
I know what you mean. I didn't watch a single inning after the second inning of game 1.

I was pissed at the start.

samram
10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I'd like to see Kenny Williams popping a cork and spraying champagne someday soon. Man, I'm really pissed off right now. :angry: :whiner:
Well, maybe JR sees this, the elation, and decides to really go for it. More likely, we get another year of bad Willie Harris. Bleh.:whiner:

idseer
10-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Congrats Boston Red Sox and Boston Red Sox fans. You've just experienced something that no one on this board (with the exception of the Marlins fans and fans of other teams) has ever experienced. A World Series Championship. :(:

Yet another depressing day in the life of a White Sox fan. We get to watch a team that hadn't won a World Series Championship since a year after we last won one, celebrate a World Series Championship. Lovely....

Let Free Agency begin! And the White Sox damn well better be active!there are no sox fans here over 87? you could be wrong there jjav. :)

if it couldn't be the sox and it coudn't be the twins ... i'm glad it was the red sox.
and a special congratulations to keith foulke. i'm happy a well liked ex soxer like him not only is a part of, but is a major part of this year's champion. now let's see what we sox fans get to cheer on next season.

DMarte708
10-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Congrats to the red sox. Congrats to Keith Foulke who was a STUD during the postseason.
I'm sure glad KW decided to trade Foulke. What good would he have done us, anyways?

Just kidding people. :D:

Red Sox deserve praise and have earned my admiration. Great victory for a franchise devoted to assembling a team capable of winning a championship. :gulp:

samram
10-28-2004, 12:02 AM
now let's see what we sox fans get to cheer on next season.
Yep, free agency starts I think on November 1. Let's hope we have something to be excited about come February.

shagar69
wow, simply unbelievable. never thought that i would see the sox not only beat the yanks in the playoffs but win the WS! WOW! but god damn this makes me jealous as hell!! why cant it be US!!!!!!!????? :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

RKMeibalane
Has anyone else noticed that HomeFish hasn't been here since his Yankees were eliminated? I wonder where he is now.

Jjav829
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, maybe JR sees this, the elation, and decides to really go for it. More likely, we get another year of bad Willie Harris. Bleh.:whiner: :reinsy
"Hey, who is to say that Willie Harris won't break out next year. At his salary, we can afford to give him a few more years to become the next Ray Durham."

:KW
"That's right Jerry. Who needs proven players? Potential is where it's at."

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Speaking of the Yankees, I'm sure Steinbrenner is smashing furniture somewhere. Think about it. This is the first time he has had a watch his arch rivals celebrate a World Championship.

Jjav829
10-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Yep, free agency starts I think on November 1. Let's hope we have something to be excited about come February.
It actually begins Friday November 12th. I'm sure come Saturday November 13th we'll be celebrating the first of our many impact Free Agents signings.

santo=dorf
10-28-2004, 12:06 AM
:reinsy
"Hey, who is to say that Will Harris won't break out next year. At his salary, we can afford to give him a few more years to become the next Ray Durham."

:KW
"That's right Jerry. Who needs proven players? Potential is where it's at."
:LTP
"Did somebody say 'potential?' I'm Mr. Potential!"

Jjav829
10-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Speaking of the Yankees, I'm sure Steinbrenner is smashing furniture somewhere. Think about it. This is the first time he has had a watch his arch rivals celebrate a World Championship.
Smashing furniture? He's probably blowing the ink dry on the checks he already made out to Beltran and Pedro.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
It actually begins Friday November 12th. I'm sure come Saturday November 13th we'll be celebrating the first of our many impact Free Agents signings.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Paul Quantrill in a Sox uniform.

santo=dorf
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
It actually begins Friday November 12th. I'm sure come Saturday November 13th we'll be celebrating the first of our many impact Free Agents signings. Seriously though, if we signed some free agents on the 12th, people here would bitch about losing draft picks.

Jjav829
10-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Seriously though, if we signed some free agents on the 12th, people here would bitch about losing draft picks.
I wouldn't. Screw draft picks. Get some players that can make an impact now.

shagar69
10-28-2004, 12:10 AM
the espn yanks message is nuts right now. sox fans, brewer fans, mariner fans, all dissing the yanks! pretty crazy stuff.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:11 AM
the espn yanks message is nuts right now. sox fans, brewer fans, mariner fans, all dissing the yanks! pretty crazy stuff.
Is that you, habib?

samram
10-28-2004, 12:12 AM
I bet Gammons breaks down and cries at some point on Sportscenter.

doublem23
10-28-2004, 12:13 AM
so what are we..the 2nd highest team that hasn't won a world series since baseball existed?We were 24 hours ago, too, but don't tell that to the self-pity hogs out East.

This is even more a sinking feeling than watching the Yankees win year after year after year. They really don't deserve it.

santo=dorf
10-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Is that you, habib?
You just caught on? :D:

Al Capone
10-28-2004, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=santo=dorf]:ohno
"Congratulations! We are now officially part of the ****tiest baseball city in the world."
:(:[/QUOte

This is classic!!!!

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:16 AM
You just caught on? :D:
Nope. It was the first time I bothered to comment on it.

samram
10-28-2004, 12:18 AM
We were 24 hours ago, too, but don't tell that to the self-pity hogs out East.

This is even more a sinking feeling than watching the Yankees win year after year after year. They really don't deserve it.
I'll bet ESPN, et al, start talking about a Yankees curse, since they haven't won this century. I don't know what they'll call it, but they'll come up with something. See, the problem for them now is that they can't play up the BoSox curse everytime the Yanks and Red Sox play each other, but if they can make up a different curse, then they've got something.

Jjav829
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Someone should e-mail this thread to KW/JR. They should see how miserable we are watching this.

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Someone should e-mail this thread to KW/JR. They should see how miserable we are watching this.
KW would just blame everything on Frank and Maggs. Reinsdorf wouldn't care.

santo=dorf
10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm dead serious when I say this ranks right up there with the collapse of September of 2003, the 2000 playoffs, and the success of the 2003 Cubs. :(:

WE WILL NOW BE EXPOSED AS ONE OF THE WORST AL FRANCHISES!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Black Sox curse here we come......

RKMeibalane
10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm dead serious when I say this ranks right up there with the collapse of September of 2003, the 2000 playoffs, and the success of the 2003 Cubs. :(:

WE WILL NOW BE EXPOSED AS ONE OF THE WORST AL FRANCHISES!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Black Sox curse here we come......

"Muhahahahahahaha!"

samram
10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
KW would just blame everything on Frank and Maggs. Reinsdorf wouldn't care.
Oh come on, he would trade all six NBA championships for one WS- don't you remember?

SomebodyToldMe
10-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Oh come on, he would trade all six NBA championships for one WS- don't you remember?
That just made me spit my pepsi on my computer screen.

1951Campbell
10-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Well, I have a lot of friends on Boston from my time there, and I did pick up a secondary rooting interest in the BoSox in my time there.

I'm glad my friends are happy. I'm happy.

I'm happy and I'm glad the Shaunessys/Goodwins/Updikes/Steven Kings of this world will finally be forced to shut the **** up and be nothing more than fans of a team that has won a WS in the last 10 years...just like Angels, D-Backs, and Marlins fans. Maybe New Englanders will become real, well adjusted people as a result of this win.

I'm glad that fenway is elated. Hey, man, in the all the ensuing looting and rioting, grab me a flat-screen TV, but don't get shot, okay? :D:

And hey...1918 to 2004? How does 1917 to 2005 sound? We can only hope and pray...

SoxFan76
10-28-2004, 12:31 AM

"Muhahahahahahaha!"
You know what is so depressing, is that it almost seems like JR is honestly sitting in his chair snickering at us. They make no effort to win, it's so frustrating. The Red Sox get Manny(Indians), Ortiz(Twins), Pedro(Expos), Schilling(Dbacks), Damon(A's?), through trades or free agency, whatever and assemble a winning team. It took time, but it was well worth it. The White Sox get one impact player and trade them away for nothing.

idseer
10-28-2004, 12:32 AM
We were 24 hours ago, too, but don't tell that to the self-pity hogs out East.

This is even more a sinking feeling than watching the Yankees win year after year after year. They really don't deserve it.they don't deserve it? i think you've gone a little far there. not being happy with the outcome is one thing, but you're dishing out sour grapes here. nobody deserved it more than boston.

soxfan26
10-28-2004, 12:33 AM
You know what is so depressing, is that it almost seems like JR is honestly sitting in his chair snickering at us. They make no effort to win, it's so frustrating. The Red Sox get Manny(Indians), Ortiz(Twins), Pedro(Expos), Schilling(Dbacks), Damon(A's?), through trades or free agency, whatever and assemble a winning team. It took time, but it was well worth it. The White Sox get one impact player and trade them away for nothing.
Now be fair, sometimes we let impact players go as free agents.

santo=dorf
10-28-2004, 12:34 AM
And hey...1918 to 2004? How does 1917 to 2005 sound? We can only hope and pray...Sounds more like 2003 should've been our year.

:jerry
"oops!"

1951Campbell
10-28-2004, 12:34 AM
they don't deserve it? i think you've gone a little far there. not being happy with the outcome is one thing, but you're dishing out sour grapes here. nobody deserved it more than boston.
If you go down 0-3, take the next 4, and then sweep the WS after a 86 year drought...you friggin' deserve it.

SomebodyToldMe
10-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Sounds more like 2003 should've been our year.

2000 would have been sweet too.

FarWestChicago
10-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Look at the bright side, folks. Our White Sox could have beaten the Cardinal team that showed up for the Series. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

What a pathetic performance. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif

Congrats to the Wrong Sox. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/redneck.gif

samram
Well, I have a lot of friends on Boston from my time there, and I did pick up a secondary rooting interest in the BoSox in my time there.

I'm glad my friends are happy. I'm happy.

I'm happy and I'm glad the Shaunessys/Goodwins/Updikes/Steven Kings of this world will finally be forced to shut the **** up and be nothing more than fans of a team that has won a WS in the last 10 years...just like Angels, D-Backs, and Marlins fans. Maybe New Englanders will become real, well adjusted people as a result of this win.
Nope. Starting now- it's the Curse of the Pitino. They refuse to live without a curse, and don't think one measley WS title is gonna change that.:smile:

BTW, looks like Gammons is keeping his composure.

Jjav829
You know what is so depressing, is that it almost seems like JR is honestly sitting in his chair snickering at us. They make no effort to win, it's so frustrating. The Red Sox get Manny(Indians), Ortiz(Twins), Pedro(Expos), Schilling(Dbacks), Damon(A's?), through trades or free agency, whatever and assemble a winning team. It took time, but it was well worth it. The White Sox get one impact player and trade them away for nothing.:reinsy
"If Carl Everett *snicker* isn't good enough for you people, then I don't know what to do. Start coming out to the park and maybe we can start to pursue top tier players like Tino Martinez and Paul Wilson."

MiamiSpartan
The painful thing is that as much as I would like to think it, can anyone really see our Sox being close to winning a World Series next year?

1951Campbell
10-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Sounds more like 2003 should've been our year.

:jerry
"oops!"
One year farther back in the past, and one more year ahead in the future. I'm sure the the folks at Fox will make that connection soon...

SomebodyToldMe
10-28-2004, 12:39 AM
"If Carl Everett *snicker* isn't good enough for you people, then I don't know what to do. Start coming out to the park and maybe we can start to pursue top tier players like Tino Martinez and Paul Wilson."
I want to punch someone after reading that.

That's how realistic it is.

samram
10-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Now be fair, sometimes we let impact players go as free agents.
Yeah, I thought that whole "trading away" thing was an overgeneralization. The Sox will exhaust every avenue to be rid of impact players.

1951Campbell
10-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Nope. Starting now- it's the Curse of the Pitino. They refuse to live without a curse, and don't think one measley WS title is gonna change that.:smile:

BTW, looks like Gammons is keeping his composure.
1. It's not really Ricky's curse, it's M.L. Carr's

2. Don't worry, the Celtics will win it all before the Bruins.

3. Gammons probably "flogged the dolphin" in the 7th or 8th, Something About Mary style, in order to avoid any problems with all the post-game stuff. You know, loaded gun and all.

greenpeach
10-28-2004, 01:08 AM
The painful thing is that as much as I would like to think it, can anyone really see our Sox being close to winning a World Series next year?
MSU has a better chance of winning the Sears Trophy next year, then do the Sox of winning the WS. They can't even beat out the friggin' Twins for the Central crown.

Beat Michigan !!!!!!! :bandance:

JoseCanseco6969
10-28-2004, 01:10 AM
this really really blows

doublem23
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
If you go down 0-3, take the next 4, and then sweep the WS after a 86 year drought...you friggin' deserve it.
Wasn't talking about the players.

Paulwny
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Congrats Bosox,
It would be interesting to see the final sales figures for items commemorating this ws title, it may be a record. Is there a red sox fan alive who won't buy or receive such a gift ? Every kid in New England will receive a ws red sox x-mas present.

Jerko
10-28-2004, 09:32 AM
We have always had the 2nd longest streak without a championship, and I hope and pray that'll change soon. :(:
People seem to forget that fact amid all this curse garbage. Thanks for bringing that up.

SSN721
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
What a boring world series, nice of the Cardinals to lay down like that. Good job by the BoSox but I share absolutely no hapiness with their fans.

QueerGirrl
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
As much as I was rooting for the Cards, I tip my cap to the Red Sox. To win 8 games in a row to seal the deal is truly impressive. As for the Cards, thanks for showing up. :rolleyes: I thought it would be competitive at least. Damn, they got rolled on.

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
What a boring world series, nice of the Cardinals to lay down like that. Good job by the BoSox but I share absolutely no hapiness with their fans.
I totally agree. After a pretty dramatic Championship series, the World Series was a real let down. I mean, great for the Red Sox, I don't want to take anything away from them. It would have been nice, though, for the Cardinals to provide some competition. I share no hapiness with the BoSox fans, either, but then again, I'm not a Cubs fan, and the media tells me that a Red Sox victory brings hope to the Cubs.

QueerGirrl
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm not a Cubs fan, and the media tells me that a Red Sox victory brings hope to the Cubs.
:rolleyes: :whatever: I hate the media.