PDA

View Full Version : George wants to be Pedro's sugar daddy

Fenway
10-27-2004, 10:57 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/246683p-211327c.html

Somewhere in Tampa, you could almost hear George Steinbrenner start the bidding. Like it or not, Yankee fans, the owner is going to want Pedro Martinez as surely and as badly as he once wanted Roger Clemens.

There's no doubt after what Pedro did last night, delivering the Red Sox to the doorstep of their first World Series title in 86 years with a three-hit, seven-inning gem to beat the powerful Cardinals, 4-1. The Boss already had begun expressing interest within the Yankee offices. Now, he may be personally waiting under that mango tree Pedro talked about in the Dominican Republic, especially after the righthander gave what sounded an awful lot like a farewell speech at his press conference afterward.

Baby Fisk
10-27-2004, 11:00 AM
fenway, will you still care for us after you become a hoity-toity World Champion and all that? Or will you only post on the Marlins board from now on because we would be beneath you? :cool:

Fenway
10-27-2004, 11:11 AM
fenway, will you still care for us after you become a hoity-toity World Champion and all that? Or will you only post on the Marlins board from now on because we would be beneath you? :cool:
I guess I know how Brooklyn felt in 1955

Only problem was 2 years later the team moved....:o:

To me the best part will be able to go to Yankee Stadium and never hearing them taunt us again....because I will always have 04 chockers clap clap clap clap clap

Iwritecode
10-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I guess I know how Brooklyn felt in 1955

Only problem was 2 years later the team moved....:o:

To me the best part will be able to go to Yankee Stadium and never hearing them taunt us again....because I will always have 04 chockers clap clap clap clap clap

No trying to be a jerk but the Yankees fans still have plenty of things to taunt you guys about...

kittle42
10-27-2004, 12:40 PM
No trying to be a jerk but the Yankees fans still have plenty of things to taunt you guys about...
I said this at a bar the night the BoSox put it away in the ALCS..."Oh, boy - now the Yankees can only brag that it's twenty-something to ONE over the last 86 years."

soxfan26
10-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I said this at a bar the night the BoSox put it away in the ALCS..."Oh, boy - now the Yankees can only brag that it's twenty-something to ONE over the last 86 years."
Agreed. Enjoy your moment in the sun fenway, but your not going to silence anyone in Yankee stadium.

thepaulbowski
10-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Agreed. Enjoy your moment in the sun fenway, but your not going to silence anyone in Yankee stadium.
The day anybody silences a Yankee fan, is the day I become a Cub fan. And that ain't going to happen. :cool: