PDA

View Full Version : World Series Poll: Choke Job or Steamroller?

Baby Fisk
10-27-2004, 09:54 AM
It's not too early to start poking through the entrails of this World Series. Was this a massive choke job by the Cardinals? They've been their own worst enemy, botching numerous opportunities to get up on the Red Sox. Their "murderers' row" batters have gone cold at the worst possible time. Big choke? Or was this World Series destined to go to the Red Sox once they kicked the Yankee monkey off their backs? They've been playing like a veritable steamroller. Is it one or the other? Or something else entirely...god I'm bored...

samram
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I voted for the BoSox being unstoppable now, but I do want to point out that the Foulke for Koch deal was really bad.:D:

doublem23
10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
The Cardinals really could be ahead 2-1 right now, but they've pretty much been absymal the first 27 innings of the Series.

idseer
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
It's not too early to start poking through the entrails of this World Series. ...
yes .. it IS too early and therefore my vote is 'this poll sucks'.
how would this be any different than a similar poll after game 3 of the alcs?

soxfan26
10-27-2004, 04:15 PM
It's just too soon to tell. Those green seats really would make my offseason though.

1951Campbell
10-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Steamroller. The BoSox score first each game. Pedro owned.

Although, tonight...why not have someone warming up while Marquis lets all those guys get on base?

:dunno:

samram
10-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Steamroller. The BoSox score first each game. Pedro owned.

Although, tonight...why not have someone warming up while Marquis lets all those guys get on base?

:dunno:
What's the point? The Cards have no one that can stop these guys, although Marquis really didn't pitch that badly. Any of their middle or long relief guys would have completely put the game out of reach.

I wonder what it feels like to have one's team 3 outs from a WS championship.

Uncle_Patrick
10-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Both...The Red Sox were on a roll. The Cards played like crap.

jackbrohamer
10-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Both...The Red Sox were on a roll. The Cards played like crap.

Ditto. Plus Derek Lowe finally woke up and was close to un-hittable tonight

Baby Fisk
10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
No doubt about it. This was a steamroller the likes of which we haven't seen since...the last time Tony LaRussa was in the World Series.

FireReinsdorf
10-28-2004, 02:39 PM
I voted who cares.

I didn't bother watching one inning of the series since I don't like either team. The BoSox are a bunch of chowderhead east coast elitists and the Cardinals are a bunch of National League elitists.