PDA

View Full Version : The Stage is Set!!

kojak
10-27-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm pulling for the BoTox, only because I cannot wait to see them lose another Game 7 in the World Series, as they did in 1946, 1967, 1975 and 1986. Maybe this time they will blow it in unprecedented fashion by scotching a 3-0 series lead...

This may be sweeter than last years' NLCS!

Let the choking begin.... :bandance:

DMarte708
10-27-2004, 01:29 AM
I just dont' envision a historic comeback such as overcoming a 3-0 deficit occuring twice in one postseason. Red Sox will be your 2004 World Series Champion.

I prefer to blame this all on Babe Ruth. Damn drunken ghost.

kojak
10-27-2004, 01:33 AM
That what makes it so appropos! And cruelly ironic! And perfectly befitting Red Sox Nation.

The only thing that could possibly make it sweeter were if it was The Cubs instead!

http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1811_2835801

Palehose13
10-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Hmm...the Red Sox were down 0-3 in the ALCS before coming back and winning the next four. It sure would be sweet if the cards could do it to them. :D:

Not that I really care either way.

Brian26
10-27-2004, 10:52 AM
This may be sweeter than last years' NLCS!

Dude, nothing will EVER be sweeter than the crybaby choke of 2003.

Who cares if the Red Sox win the World Series. I'm actually rooting for them.

Jerko
10-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I didn't care one way or another who won the world series until I read this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0410270223oct27,1,3035076.story?coll=chi-news-hed

For those who are not Tribune registered, it basically talks about how the little lemmings are crowding the North side bars with all their Red Sox regalia on; rooting for Boston and even talking with fake New England accents. That is the epitome of moron-ness and I wish a Red Sox fan would come out and tell these clowns that the Red Sox don't need or want their support. Losers. Then again, this WAS in the tribune so it may not be as bad as they're making it sound, but I don't think so.

kittle42
10-27-2004, 11:46 AM
I didn't care one way or another who won the world series until I read this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0410270223oct27,1,3035076.story?coll=chi-news-hed

For those who are not Tribune registered, it basically talks about how the little lemmings are crowding the North side bars with all their Red Sox regalia on; rooting for Boston and even talking with fake New England accents. That is the epitome of moron-ness and I wish a Red Sox fan would come out and tell these clowns that the Red Sox don't need or want their support. Losers. Then again, this WAS in the tribune so it may not be as bad as they're making it sound, but I don't think so.
As I mentioned in another thread, I saw this firsthand. Idiots.

Mariotti was talking this morning about how the only thing that has been more nationally romanticized more than the Cub curse is the Boston curse...I wonder if I would rather have the continuing b.s. of the Boston curse or have the Cubs take even more ridiculous and undeserved national prominence.

ja1022
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm on record here for adopting the Red Sox quite awhile back, after the real Sox tanked, but think about it. Before the playoffs started, who do you think would have had a better chance coming back from an 0-3 series deficit? The Red Sox over the Yankees, or the Cardinals over the Red Sox? In that scenario, I would've picked the Cardinals. That being said, I'll take the Red Sox to put it away tonight, although I'm not ready for the season to end yet.