PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo MLB poll

SomebodyToldMe
10-26-2004, 11:27 PM
http://quiz1.polls.scd.yahoo.com/quiz/quizresults.php?poll_id=1449&wv=1

I think I'm gonna puke.

MUsoxfan
10-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Very very disturbing. I don't know how we're the forgotten team of MLB. It doesn't make sense to me. We win! I mean we are one of the few teams around that never hit rock bottom.

idseer
10-27-2004, 12:01 AM
http://quiz1.polls.scd.yahoo.com/quiz/quizresults.php?poll_id=1449&wv=1

I think I'm gonna puke.
don't know why. i'd say all those other teams ARE in a better position to end their streaks. none of those teams have the holes and constraints the sox do.

MUsoxfan
10-27-2004, 12:07 AM
don't know why. i'd say all those other teams ARE in a better position to end their streaks. none of those teams have the holes and constraints the sox do.
Indians?

chisoxmike
10-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Who cares what those people have to say. I bet they are thinking "well since the Red Sox are going to win, the Cubs are going to becuase I hear about them a lot."

I bet half those people can't even name a player on the Sox. Screw them. We'll have our day....one day.

kojak
10-27-2004, 12:30 AM
I bet half those people can't even name a player on the Sox. Screw them. We'll have our day....one day.

Actually, odds are that we won't- at least in our lifetime...

http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1811_7700322

Whitesox029
10-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Very very disturbing. I don't know how we're the forgotten team of MLB. It doesn't make sense to me. We win! I mean we are one of the few teams around that never hit rock bottom.On top of that, we're the original AL team. It just makes me sick. It's been this way my whole life (or at least as far back as I can remember.) I don't know how it happened or what it will take to overcome it. Come to think of it I would really like a lengthy answer to that first question from an older and more learned Sox fan on the subject.

idseer
10-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Indians?
absolutely! they have a young talented team that will be better next year than last.

Chrisaway
10-27-2004, 03:13 AM
absolutely! they have a young talented team that will be better next year than last. yeah just like the royals of 2 years ago *snickers*

idseer
10-27-2004, 04:10 AM
yeah just like the royals of 2 years ago *snickers*that was an ignorant comment

cleveland had a better team average, a better obp, a better team ops, a lower team era, a better pitching ops, a better k/bb percentage, a lower ba against, and cleveland is younger and moving up.

the sox otoh are not!

doublem23
10-27-2004, 07:02 AM
absolutely! they have a young talented team that will be better next year than last.Or they'll collapse and fall apart. 50/50, really.

The only team in the division to really fear for upward movement is Detroit, IMO. They have a real nice mix of youth and veterans. They just need some pitchers. Cleveland could be a real solid team for a few years... Or they could turn into the Royals.

DumpJerry
10-27-2004, 07:16 AM
The poll shows that while Sox fans are busy working at our jobs and raising good kids, Flub fans are trolling the Internet....................

SOXSINCE'70
10-27-2004, 07:19 AM
We'll have our day....one day.
Yes,but will any of us be alive to witness that day??:dunno: :dunno:

samram
10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Or they'll collapse and fall apart. 50/50, really.

The only team in the division to really fear for upward movement is Detroit, IMO. They have a real nice mix of youth and veterans. They just need some pitchers. Cleveland could be a real solid team for a few years... Or they could turn into the Royals.Yeah, I agree with 50/50. Will Ron Belliard have another year like this one? Will Brandon Phillips replace Vizquel adequately? Will Matt Lawton be this good again, or will Sizemore live up to his potential? Is Jake Westbrook as good as he was this year? Will they fix the bullpen? Will their young players be able to produce the same way they did this year?

They also didn't need Cliff Lee to turn into Bill Pulsipher in the second half.

As for the poll, so what? Most fans will click their team no matter what. The Cubs were supposed to be 162-0 this year, and they didn't make the playoffs.

kittle42
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Nothing will change regarding our identity until the Sox win something. That will never happen under JR.