PDA

View Full Version : Oh no

chisoxmike
10-26-2004, 11:10 PM
This is going to be worse then when the Yankees and Cubs played here in 2003. Just IMAGINE the media during THIS weekend!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Cubs To Host Red Sox At Wrigley

Oct 26, 2004 5:13 pm US/Central
CHICAGO (AP) Call it the Cursed Series. Or the Bambino vs. the Billy Goat.

The Chicago Cubs will host the Boston Red Sox for a three-game series June 10-12 next season, the teams' first meeting since the 1918 World Series. As Red Sox Nation knows all too well, that was the last time Boston won a World Series. Babe Ruth hadn't yet become a Yankee.

It also will be Boston's first trip to Wrigley Field. The Cubs' home games in the 1918 World Series were played across town at old Comiskey Park, because that ballpark was bigger.

Someone save us all!

Jerko
10-26-2004, 11:25 PM
This is going to be worse then when the Yankees and Cubs played here in 2003. Just IMAGINE the media during THIS weekend!

Cubs To Host Red Sox At Wrigley

The Chicago Cubs will host the Boston Red Sox for a three-game series June 10-12 next season, the teams' first meeting since the 1918 World Series. As Red Sox Nation knows all too well, that was the last time Boston won a World Series. Babe Ruth hadn't yet become a Yankee.

It also will be Boston's first trip to Wrigley Field. The Cubs' home games in the 1918 World Series were played across town at old Comiskey Park, because that ballpark was bigger.

Someone save us all!

So even back then Comiskey was better. Oh well, I guess now I won't care if Boston wins the Series. Anything to NOT have to see the "Cursed series" or "Bambino v. Billy Goat" garbage next season.

Either way; Cubs vs. Red Sox and Yankees = pukefest 2005

:chunks

TommyJohn
10-26-2004, 11:30 PM
I refer you to this post I made during the season: Posted in July, no less.

Sneering Chicago Media Ass here. We are looking forward to the Red Sox' first trip to Chicago since 1918. It will be the greatest event in the history of baseball, and perhaps mankind. Between us and the East Coast literati it will be the greatest orgy of hype and self-pity in sports history. We are designing the curse headlines even as I write this.

CURSES!

Which curse is worse?

BAMBINO VS. THE BILLY GOAT!

Who has the better pizza?

Kennedy-Daley Connection
A look at how Boston and Chicago helped shape America.

Now I know you scummy Sox fans will say "but Boston always plays here!"
Yeah? Well, now they are playing a team people care about, peasants.

*sneer* *sneer* *sneer*

By the way, I see that they played the 1918 World Series in original Cominsky
Field, or whatever they're calling it now. Was anybody mugged or murdered
on the way in?

*sneer* *sneer* *sneer*

Quote:
Red Sox here for the first time ever? I'll be there!
Bottoms up! -Walter Jacobson

James T. Farrell
Last edited by TommyJohn : 07-16-2004 at 11:51 PM.

batmanZoSo
10-27-2004, 01:29 AM

[I]Cubs To Host Red Sox At Wrigley

Um...how about no? The Red Sox will be World Champions by then. Hell, they might be by 10 o'clock tomorrow.