PDA

View Full Version : boston / st louis thread

idseer
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
suppan was lucky to get out of the 1st with one run. bosox smacked him hard!

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-26-2004, 08:51 PM
MAN! top of the first. Jesus. come on SOUP-ON Cards can come back

balke
10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
My god, Boston is so bad at D. IN this park, it should actually hurt them. Go Cards! Bases Loaded!

balke
10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
what in god's name was that

idseer
10-26-2004, 09:03 PM
on the other hand ..... timely dp!

balke
10-26-2004, 09:34 PM
slippery when wet

illinibk
10-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Damn Suppan sucks

idseer
10-26-2004, 09:40 PM
another timely dp!

i don't know whether that was suppan's fault or the 3rd base coach.
must be some kind of st louis curse! :wink:

JGarlandrules20
10-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Someone doesn't know how to run bases...

idseer
10-26-2004, 09:46 PM
and someone does!

great running by mueller to put himself in scoring position.

Jjav829
10-26-2004, 09:48 PM
That awful baserunning by Suppan will be the turning point in this game. It could have been a 1-1 tie. Now as I type this, Varitek singles to drive in Mueller and it is a 2-0 game. The Cards big bats better get going next inning if they want to avoid a 3-0 deficit.

I still can't go ever how awful that baserunning blunder by Suppan was...:o: :tsk:

idseer
10-26-2004, 09:51 PM
That awful baserunning by Suppan will be the turning point in this game. It could have been a 1-1 tie. Now as I type this, Varitek singles to drive in Mueller and it is a 2-0 game. The Cards big bats better get going next inning if they want to avoid a 3-0 deficit.

I still can't go ever how awful that baserunning blunder by Suppan was...:o: :tsk:
i'm sure he's not had much experience being a runner at 3rd base. he just doesn't have a feel for what he can do in that situation.
maybe not a great excuse, but it would be more unforgivable if an everyday player did it.

idseer
10-26-2004, 09:56 PM
another replay makes it real clear the 3rd base coach wanted suppan to take a bigger lead ... and then told him to take off on the ground ball. suppan simply did not listen.

Jjav829
10-26-2004, 09:57 PM
i'm sure he's not had much experience being a runner at 3rd base. he just doesn't have a feel for what he can do in that situation.
maybe not a great excuse, but it would be more unforgivable if an everyday player did it.
O no doubt he doesn't. There's where the problem lies with pitchers hitting. The Cards pitchers can handle the bat well, but they aren't on base a lot. Still, in that situation you have to go. There's no way Bellhorn makes that throw home. Experience or not, you have to be prepared on what to do. I guess that leaves Jose Oquendo partially at fault. But if you are Suppan, and you get to 3rd base, you better know what to do in every situation. If you don't, then you have to ask your 3rd base coach.

idseer
10-26-2004, 10:14 PM
4 - 0

looking good!

la russa is mad as hell.

batmanZoSo
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Choke Louis. I'm startin' to sense a sweep. Hope not...I'd rather see at least a 6 gamer.

idseer
10-26-2004, 10:45 PM
so cabrera fakes taking off at 2nd and mccarver says that's worse for the batter than a runner doing it at first because a righthander can't see as well toward first. :?:

i sincerely hope mccarver retires cause i believe he's senile. he just gets worse and worse.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-26-2004, 10:59 PM
MAN! These guys (cardinals) STINK

king's doing alright

idseer
10-26-2004, 11:10 PM
great job by pedro. i really didn't think he'd be that effective.

6 more outs! go get em.

soxwon
10-26-2004, 11:27 PM
BORING WORLD SERIES

what a letdown, after the excellent PLAYOFFS

i expected more from st louis.

Boston is very sloppy, but much better than SL

SWEEP - Im falling asleep

ZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZ

idseer
10-26-2004, 11:39 PM
all i can say is ... WOO HOO! :D:

3 DOWN ... 1 TO GO.

soxwon
10-26-2004, 11:41 PM
2004 world series brought to you by

SOMINEX.

I like both teams, im glad boston is going to win it.
Cards really let everyone down.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
damn. ITS TIME FOR BOSTONS 3-0 CHOKE :(:

idseer
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
let me add this.
there has been sooo much garbage about cub and red sox curses, right?
what is that if not just plain superstition? that's all it is, right?

well, if you watched the game at all tonight you saw st louis hats inside out all over the place. what is that? it's superstition, that's what. st louis fans are no different than cub fans ... or bosox fans ... or white sox fans for that matter.
maybe you that keep throwing the 'curse' crap around all the time should give it a rest or at least make your target what it SHOULD be ..... the media, NOT the fans.

Jjav829
10-26-2004, 11:59 PM
:whocares
What a crappy series. It would have been nice to see the Cards give at least a halfway decent effort. I say Go Red Sox tomorrow. Get this crap over with and start the clock ticking on Free Agency. I, for one though, won't be watching tomorrow. I'd rather watch the Bulls preseason game versus the Pacers.

Bring on Free Agency early! End this awful World Series! It's really a shame that such good LCS's were followed up with such a bad Series.

idseer
10-27-2004, 12:02 AM
End this awful World Series! It's really a shame that such good LCS's were followed up with such a bad Series.
just curious if you felt the same way after the 1st 3 games 'tween boston & ny? :smile:

SoxFan76
10-27-2004, 12:09 AM
let me add this.
there has been sooo much garbage about cub and red sox curses, right?
what is that if not just plain superstition? that's all it is, right?

well, if you watched the game at all tonight you saw st louis hats inside out all over the place. what is that? it's superstition, that's what. st louis fans are no different than cub fans ... or bosox fans ... or white sox fans for that matter.
maybe you that keep throwing the 'curse' crap around all the time should give it a rest or at least make your target what it SHOULD be ..... the media, NOT the fans.
:?: ..............

I think rally caps are a little different than goats and deceased sluggers. Baseball is full of superstition. Some more crazy than others. Rally caps aren't even in the same league as a freakin GOAT!!! STL fans are nothing like BoSox Cub fans.

While you have a point about the media blowing the curses out of proportion, you damn well know there are a lot of fans out there who believe whatever the media throws at them. That is where White Sox fans differ from Red Sox/Cub fans. We don't believe all that crap. They do. The other 2 teams want everybody to feel sorry for them. White Sox fans keep on goin on without anybody noticing. Frankly, I'd rather have it this way. Now when the Sox make the World Series, it will make a great story since nobody really paid attention to us.

Jjav829
10-27-2004, 12:10 AM
just curious if you felt the same way after the 1st 3 games 'tween boston & ny? :smile:
True, I did. But I can't see the Cards coming back. Not that I'm claiming I knew the Red Sox would come back from being down 3-0, but I at least saw a scenario where they could come back. If they pulled out a game with Lowe, they had two potentially dominant pitchers going in Pedro and Schilling to get them to Game 7. Even if the Cards pull out one tomorrow, they have to rely on Woody Williams and Matt Morris...not exactly Pedro and Schilling. It's over. I know we're going to hear about the Red Sox coming back from down 3-0 until they win tomorrow, but it's not going to happen for the Cards. BTW though, I think it would be HILARIOUS if the Red Sox do blow a 3-0 lead. But I can't seriously see it happening.

bigfoot
10-27-2004, 12:36 AM
so cabrera fakes taking off at 2nd and mccarver says that's worse for the batter than a runner doing it at first because a righthander can't see as well toward first. :?:

i sincerely hope mccarver retires cause i believe he's senile. he just gets worse and worse.
McCarver to replace Chip Caray! (Aren't rumors wonderful?)

jackbrohamer
10-27-2004, 12:44 AM
It would be hilarious for Boston to blow a 3-0 lead and lose the world series, but then we'd have to hear the brutal whining about some other curse. Better to get the season over. What'll that make till the Red Sox catch up with the Yankees, 24 more world series championships?

TommyJohn
10-27-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm very worried about the Cardinals. If they get swept, who will the team
and some of their ape**** fans blame? Don Denkinger isn't around. No bad
calls, although there was that one pitch Foulke threw. So who will be the
target?

Likewise, if Boston wins, what will they do? The psycho faction of Boston
fandom won't have anyone to chase to Idaho. How will they cope? Will
they be able to handle winning, even if it means not being able to take
their life's frustrations out on the first baseman?

batmanZoSo
10-27-2004, 01:48 AM
:whocares
What a crappy series. It would have been nice to see the Cards give at least a halfway decent effort. I say Go Red Sox tomorrow. Get this crap over with and start the clock ticking on Free Agency. I, for one though, won't be watching tomorrow. I'd rather watch the Bulls preseason game versus the Pacers.

Bring on Free Agency early! End this awful World Series! It's really a shame that such good LCS's were followed up with such a bad Series.

There's still a LOT of room for excitement in this series. Every night now, it's gonna be the Red Sox golden opportunity to finally end it and they might be close games and the Cardinals might win one or two...then game 6 will go tied in the 9th...

I personally hope the Cardinals win these next two, for those reasons above and because it's always so much better drama when a team clinches at home. The best thing about baseball is the celebration, all that tension is released and everyone goes nuts. In other sports, you don't see anything like that. In all the other sports you know it's over before it's over, but in baseball, unless it's a blowout, you can lose a game in a mere pitch or two. There's so much uncertainty and it's such a long season. I always love to watch a team clinch the Series, even if it's the Yankees. Even though I hate them, I can always appreciate the joy. To me, there's nothing better than that in sports.

If the Red Sox DO win it and win it at home, it'll probably be pandemonium with peopole rushing the field and guys climbing the foul poles and ripping up hunks of grass like they did in 69 when the Mets clinched. Hopefully there won't be any riots..well, no big ones. Let's face it, there will be property damage, there will be a few guns fired and I would bet that at least one person will be killed. Heck, someone was trampled to death the other night and that was just the AL pennant. Just terrible. Anyone in that area should really be careful if and when it happens.