PDA

View Full Version : Mike Imrem wrote a great article today. Who would have thought?

wdelaney72
10-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Linky
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38286173

Good stuff.

chisox06
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Good article but would be better if it was a national publication rather than a local one, but I agree with everything. The one thing is that the Red Sox and Cubs get an unbelievable amount of attention on this curse crap. Im not really sure I want the White Sox to be in the spotlight of baseball failure and futility. Why would I want people to bring attention, laugh at, feel sorry for, or whatever for the team that I root for? Why would I take pride in the fact that this team has gone 87 years with out a championship? WHY the hell would I want that glorified?? Keep the cute cuddly curse meida hyped crap where it belongs, to teams that think it's a cool or its a trend to consistently choke and lose. It's things like this that make me glad the White Sox are out of the National Spotlight.

MrRoboto83
10-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Just think the White Sox suck and we don't even have a curse unlike Boston and Flub fans have something to blame their pain on, we just have to eat more and more tums every year

Baby Fisk
10-26-2004, 12:55 PM
The difference between Sox fans and Cub/Red Cub fans is that we don't glorify losing. We wallow in it, and come here and complain about it, but we never celebrate it like it's "cool". Losing sucks. Everytime that "years without a WS" graphic appears on TV, I get sick. Let the Cubs revel in that **** forever.

DirtySouthsider
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
The one thing the White Sox have been good at is sucking.......and we can't even get the proper media cover on that! What has to be done for our existence to be recognized???

Hangar18
10-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Boston Red Sox "Curse" = MEDIA CREATED/FUELED

Ol' No. 2
10-26-2004, 01:23 PM
What's so great about an article whining about how the Sox suck just as bad as the Cubs and Red Sox but don't get enough credit for it? You know what REALLY SUCKS???

:threadsucks

hold2dibber
10-26-2004, 02:26 PM
What's so great about an article whining about how the Sox suck just as bad as the Cubs and Red Sox but don't get enough credit for it?
The point is, White Sox fans have suffered as much (if not more) than Red Sox fans or Cubs fans over the years, but somehow no one even acknowledges our suffering. It's not that I'm proud of the Sox' futility, but I find it frustrating to constantly hear people talk about the poor Red Sox and Cubs fans without even noting that I've suffered just as hard and just as long. You get tired of hearing about some other some poor sap's broken leg when the splintered end of your femur is sticking out of your thigh.

Iwritecode
10-26-2004, 02:37 PM
The point is, White Sox fans have suffered as much (if not more) than Red Sox fans or Cubs fans over the years, but somehow no one even acknowledges our suffering. It's not that I'm proud of the Sox' futility, but I find it frustrating to constantly hear people talk about the poor Red Sox and Cubs fans without even noting that I've suffered just as hard and just as long. You get tired of hearing about some other some poor sap's broken leg when the splintered end of your femur is sticking out of your thigh.

Actually, I think the simple fact that we've suffered in silence while putting up with all the "Cubbie-love" makes it even worse.

idseer
10-26-2004, 02:45 PM
every single post that whines about about cub curses and red sox curses and brags on the fact the white sox DON'T consider themselves cursed ... SUCKS!

Iwritecode
10-26-2004, 02:53 PM
every single post that whines about about cub curses and red sox curses and brags on the fact the white sox DON'T consider themselves cursed ... SUCKS!

Do you think we should consider ourselves cursed and whine about/exploit it instead?

santo=dorf
10-26-2004, 03:51 PM
I thought it was stupid. People get paid to write stuff like that?:?:

soxnut
10-26-2004, 04:19 PM

Agreed.:(: :smile:

idseer
10-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Do you think we should consider ourselves cursed and whine about/exploit it instead?
i don't think we should whine about either. :smile:

rwcescato
10-26-2004, 11:20 PM
The one thing the White Sox have been good at is sucking.......and we can't even get the proper media cover on that! What has to be done for our existence to be recognized???
That part is wrong. We are actually the kings of being mediocre.
We are always within a few games above or below .500. The only time in the last 15 years we sucked was in the mid to late '80's where we drafted the likes
of Thomas, Mcdowell, fernandez, ventura and so on. That time in actual suckiness was our bridge to the early 90's uprising. If it wasn't for that cancellation of the '94 WS we would have won one. So thats what we are stuck with.
Rich