PDA

View Full Version : ballparks rated

ihatethecubs
10-10-2001, 02:55 AM
these guys went to every park in MLB this year, and they rated each one. Comiskey was #11, ahead of wrigley. Finally some justice! they actually judged stuff like fans and food, not just how pretty it looks on tv.

parks rated (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/mlb_odyssey_story.jsp?type=notes&day=story_0930)

cheeses_h_rice
10-10-2001, 09:50 AM
Actually, they have Comiskey and Wrigley tied. They rate Wrigley as a better park with worse food, and more importantly, their fans get a "4" while the Sox fans get an "8."

Now *these* guys know what they're talking about! Are you listening, Moron?

:moron

Idiots. Doesn't everybody know that more fans = better fans?

Spiff
10-10-2001, 10:08 AM
lol Yankee Stadium 29th. Baseball Cathedral my a--.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-10-2001, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Actually, they have Comiskey and Wrigley tied. They rate Wrigley as a better park with worse food, and more importantly, their fans get a "4" while the Sox fans get an "8."

What really killed us was "Game" where the Sox managed only a 6 while the Cubs won their game in the ninth inning (thanks to a botched rundown by the Rockies) and earned an 8. Wrigley tied Comiskey thanks to Colorado's incompetence!

But seriously, can any of you in a million years imagine something like this getting written up in any of Chicago's papers or electronic media? Not a chance. They've all been brainwashed.

Figures we Sox Fans would get our first break from two regular Joes off the street.

Moses_Scurry
10-10-2001, 12:10 PM
I have been to both stadiums many times in my life and New Comiskey is BY FAR the better stadium of the two. I just went to my first cub game in about 4 years on Sunday (I had just moved to the neighborhood and had nothing better to do). I sat in the bleachers for the first time and saw that everything negative said about cub fans in the bleachers was absolutely correct!! I didn't see a single person actually paying attention to the game except when Sammy was up. I was paying more attention to the game and I'm a Sox fan for Christ sake!! I can not think of a single aspect of Wrigley Field itself that is better than Comiskey itself, but I'll have to give it props for the surrounding neighborhood. I have already reaped the benefits of being a young single guy living in Lakeview!! Chicks everywhere!!!

FarWestChicago
10-10-2001, 12:19 PM
Geee, look where the RollerDome finished. And, we placed ahead of Outcast at something! :)

tiger1972
10-10-2001, 12:20 PM
However, just consider what new Comiskey Park MIGHT have looked like if some real imagination had been put into the design. It could have had marvelous historical touches (the arched windows) with modern conveniences. It was built just prior to the really imaginative and artistic new parks. However, it is a direct reflection of the current unimaginative White Sox ownership. And by the way, why would they ever name the new stadium Comiskey Park? The Comiskeys - thankfully - have had nothing to do with the team and haven't since 1961. They were terrible owners when they did run the team - shall we review the '20s, '30s. 40's, and early '50s? Having grown up in Chicago and now living in the East, it appears you all spend too much time fighting Cubs versus Sox and not pressuring the managements to really make these teams competitive over an extended period of time, i.e. Yankees, Braves, Indians, etc.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-10-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by tiger1972
....Having grown up in Chicago and now living in the East, it appears you all spend too much time fighting Cubs versus Sox and not pressuring the managements to really make these teams competitive over an extended period of time, i.e. Yankees, Braves, Indians, etc.

Having lived in Ohio for three years, I can tell you the worst part of being a Sox Fan living away from Chicago was

1. People immediately thinking you were a Red Sox fan, and
2. People wondering why you weren't a Cubs fan.

That's pretty tame stuff. Living in Chicago is a whole different predicament. You're dumped on constantly, especially amongst grandstanding local sports media "personalities" like that idiot who writes for the Sun-Times. The past two years were classic examples. Our team won the division title (third time since 1989) but the local stories revolved around attendance. The Cubs finish third yet the hype from the media was ten-times greater.

Cut some slack to Sox Fans in Chicago. Until you've walked a mile in their shoes, you're judging them unfairly.

As for holding ownership accountable for fielding a winner, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately when we do hold them accountable, we Sox Fans are only dismissed as "fair-weather", "apathetic", and "hopelessly bitter".

That's what it's like being a baseball fan in Chicago. Go figure.

ma-gaga
10-10-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Geee, look where the RollerDome finished. And, we placed ahead of Outcast at something! :)

No arguments here. Nobody likes the dome; nobody. The game they saw (a loss to lowly tampa bay) didn't help any. However, I don't believe a better game would have helped all that much. A pig in a dress, is still a pig. :)

Pete_SSAC
10-10-2001, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too, and actully, I suggest all Sox fans to read about the roadtrip. It's very funny. They have a mascot they travel with.

Bobble Head Maggs.

FarWestChicago
10-10-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Yeah, I noticed that too, and actully, I suggest all Sox fans to read about the roadtrip.Noticed what? If you use the quote feature you can make it clear who you are responding to. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-10-2001, 04:06 PM
The Pad Squad girls vaulted San Diego up the charts.
Nice marketing ideas by the Padres.

Oakland is home to some of the best fans in the game.
Yeah Ode and West.

Jerry_Manuel
10-10-2001, 04:08 PM
Comiskey is hurt by the fact that it was new before the current trend of brick retro but itís solid everywhere except their own neighborhood.

Oh great more focus on the "bad neighborhood"

GASHWOUND
10-10-2001, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Nice marketing ideas by the Padres.

Yeah Ode and West.

The Pad squad girls..Hmmm...That gives me an idea, why do't we have something like that for Comiskey. They could be the Chi-Sox babes or something like that. All they could have on is Whitesox and nothing else. Now that would take care of the attendance problem!

Lets bring some cheerleaders to Comiskey! Anybody? I would think that would raise attendance a few thousand, "well, men at least"

:) :) :)

Spiff
10-10-2001, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

The Pad squad girls..Hmmm...That gives me an idea, why do't we have something like that for Comiskey. They could be the Chi-Sox babes or something like that. All they could have on is Whitesox and nothing else. Now that would take care of the attendance problem!

Lets bring some cheerleaders to Comiskey! Anybody? I would think that would raise attendance a few thousand, "well, men at least"

:) :) :)

Yes and lita can be the head cheerleader.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=23871

"We don't use our sox for stuffing."

oldcomiskey
10-10-2001, 06:20 PM
youve got my vote--and Im sure the lesbians will go right along with you--lesbians--God I love lesbians

Daver
10-10-2001, 08:39 PM
I can't beleive there was not a single reference the smell of stale urine in their review of Wrigley,I worked at a job a block away from there last year and you could smell it from there.

Kilroy
10-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by daver
I can't beleive there was not a single reference the smell of stale urine in their review of Wrigley,I worked at a job a block away from there last year and you could smell it from there.

I live west of Oakbrook, and you can smell it from THERE!!

PANFIRECRACKER
10-11-2001, 01:11 PM
LESBIANS? Let's just take it a step further and have jello wrestling in the upper deck!

PANFIRECRACKER
10-11-2001, 02:00 PM
LESBIANS? Let's just take it a step further and have jello wrestling in the upper deck!

doublem23
10-11-2001, 07:35 PM
The only thing I don't like about this is that stupid "Game" Rating. One game does not define the way things go at a stadium, ESPECIALLY since they saw the crazy Rockies-Cubs game. That was probably one of the best games of the year. Despite my hatred of the Cubs, if high school has taught me one thing, its that there are few things as fun to watch as complete incompetence.

But oldcomiskey and PANFIRECRACKER are on the right track with lesbians jello wrestling in the upper deck or something like that.... THEN we'll see if the upper deck is empty!

MiamiSpartan
10-12-2001, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by daver

I wondered what that smell was coming down from the north!! :) :)