PDA

View Full Version : WEEI Boston not thrilled with hotel in St Louis

Fenway
10-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Hotels in both cities were booked solid before anybody knew the World Series was coming. In Boston there was the Head of the Charles regatta which forced the Cards to stay in Quincy, Mass.

In St Louis there is a kidney doctor convention and the Boston media has been sent to a hotel in EAST St Louis, Illinois.

They not happy

munchman33
10-25-2004, 06:47 PM
In St Louis there is a kidney doctor convention and the Boston media has been sent to a hotel in EAST St Louis, Illinois.

They not happy
LOL Yeah that two minute drive across the river is killer.

Seriously, hop on the expressway and you're there in seconds. The ballpark is right off the expressway too.

RKMeibalane
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Hotels in both cities were booked solid before anybody knew the World Series was coming. In Boston there was the Head of the Charles regatta which forced the Cards to stay in Quincy, Mass.

They not happy
That is interesting, but for more reasons than just the location of the hotel. Given that a nephrology conference is being held in St. Louis, it is possible that Trot Nixon's father might be in St. Louis anyway, and so he'll have a chance to see his son play.

Fenway
10-25-2004, 06:49 PM
LOL Yeah that two minute drive across the river is killer.

I think they concerned by the reputation East St Louis has had.....

nodiggity59
10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
I could really give a hoot about they're concerns at this point. They're involved with the world series. Everything after that is gravy.

pinwheels3530
10-25-2004, 06:56 PM

:whiner: :whiner: .....yeah all the collage kids in Boston really know how to behave!!

Fenway
10-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Cards are furious at the Red Sox but the Head of the Charles is the biggest hotel weekend of the year here

http://www.hocr.org/index2.html

Relying on housing suggested by the host Red Sox, the Cardinals found
themselves put up at the Quincy Marriott, about 15 miles and, depending on
traffic patterns, as much as 45 minutes from Fenway Park. The inconvenience
caused manager Tony La Russa to express his team's disappointment over its
accommodations before Sunday night's Game 2.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/emaf.nsf/Popup?ReadForm&db=stltoday%5Csports%5Cstories.nsf&docid=25DF04F7A6A7874C86256F38002346CD

RKMeibalane
10-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Cards are furious at the Red Sox but the Head of the Charles is the biggest hotel weekend of the year here

http://www.hocr.org/index2.html

Relying on housing suggested by the host Red Sox, the Cardinals found
themselves put up at the Quincy Marriott, about 15 miles and, depending on
traffic patterns, as much as 45 minutes from Fenway Park. The inconvenience
caused manager Tony La Russa to express his team's disappointment over its
accommodations before Sunday night's Game 2.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/emaf.nsf/Popup?ReadForm&db=stltoday%5Csports%5Cstories.nsf&docid=25DF04F7A6A7874C86256F38002346CD
Something tells me that LaRussa wouldn't be complaining if his team had won the first two games.

jackbrohamer
10-25-2004, 07:33 PM

I haven't heard many stories about out-of-town journalists being dragged out of E. St. Louis hotel rooms and being murdered. Cripes what a buncha crybabies.

MUsoxfan
10-25-2004, 07:41 PM
the Boston media has been sent to a hotel in EAST St Louis, Illinois.

Homer Simpson: Oh. My name is Homer, and I'm planning a trip to St. Louis.
Clerk: East St. Louis?
Homer Simpson: Is there any other St. Louis?

SoxFan76
10-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Homer Simpson: Oh. My name is Homer, and I'm planning a trip to St. Louis.
Clerk: East St. Louis?
Homer Simpson: Is there any other St. Louis?We played a football game there. Yikes that was scary. Some of the residents sure do hate white people. To top it off, we kicked their ass. Those people were not happy. They were climbing on the fence yelling at us. It was scary.

longshot7
10-26-2004, 01:04 AM

They not happy
Ha ha. watch them get shot.

doublem23
10-26-2004, 02:02 AM
But they're Red Sox fans, from Boston... Gods among men.

:rolleyes:

Nick@Nite
10-26-2004, 06:50 AM
How can the BoSox players complain about East St. Louis being scary when they're the ones sporting scary Deliverance-like facial hair? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the East St. Louis residents ducking for cover.

SOXSINCE'70
10-26-2004, 07:22 AM
They not happy
Oh,yeah.And White Sox fans are sooooo ecstatic to
hear about your damn "curse".:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Puh-leez!! Just win the WS and shut up!!!

Fenway
10-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh,yeah.And White Sox fans are sooooo ecstatic to
hear about your damn "curse".:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Puh-leez!! Just win the WS and shut up!!!
There is no curse :D:

According to the WEEI morning show the hotel has a sign behind the front desk PLEASE CHECK ALL FIREARMS AT FRONT DESK

DrCrawdad
10-26-2004, 10:43 AM
There is no curse :D:

According to the WEEI morning show the hotel has a sign behind the front desk PLEASE CHECK ALL FIREARMS AT FRONT DESK

Is this confirmed about the Red Sox staying in East St. Louis? Does anyone know of confirmation of this outside of WEEI? Any newspaper comments on it?

If it's true though I'm sure they'll comment on it tonight during the game.

Fenway
10-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Is this confirmed about the Red Sox staying in East St. Louis? Does anyone know of confirmation of this outside of WEEI? Any newspaper comments on it?

If it's true though I'm sure they'll comment on it tonight during the game.
The media is in East St Louis, the team is downtown

balke
10-26-2004, 11:08 AM
The only safe St. Louis I know, is called the burbs. I had a kid in my writing class last semester take an internship at The Post Dispatch last summer. I pick up a school newspaper in August, and see he was shot walking home from work. A near by bank was being robbed at the time, and him and a friend were asked to face the wall, then they were shot. He was shot 3 times, all missing major organs. Luckily (If you can use that word here) they both were out of the hospital the next day.

Personal experiences there I've had...

My buddies played 3 card monty with a bottle cap and piece of paper w/ a bum, and went home broke, while we were waiting for tickets to a concert... All gas stations have that bullet proof everything, slide your money through the slot system. Besides the river, and the Arch, it's about the dirtiest city I've seen (And I've been to Indianapolis). I don't ever feel safe there. I have parked in East St. Louis a bunch though to go to concerts and such. It's not as bad as the myth. Boston should shut up and play baseball.

eriqjaffe
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Dear Cardinals and Red Sox,

Sorry to hear about your disappointing accomidations. I know that it's a long season, and there is a lot of travel to be done, and it can be very tiring. I'm sure that, given your druthers, you'd all much rather be in the comfort of your own homes during the World Series.

Tekijawa
10-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Too bad the WhiteSox aren't in the world series, they'd only have to worry about rooms for three reporters and about 6 thousand fans. Then again Jerry would probably have the team penned up in the East St. Louis hotel, so rooms would be available in St. Louis for me.

batmanZoSo
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
St. Louis : East St. Louis :: Chicago : Gary.

Or East Chicago..but that and Gary are pretty much one in the same.

kittle42
10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
The only safe St. Louis I know, is called the burbs. I had a kid in my writing class last semester take an internship at The Post Dispatch last summer. I pick up a school newspaper in August, and see he was shot walking home from work. A near by bank was being robbed at the time, and him and a friend were asked to face the wall, then they were shot. He was shot 3 times, all missing major organs. Luckily (If you can use that word here) they both were out of the hospital the next day.

Personal experiences there I've had...

My buddies played 3 card monty with a bottle cap and piece of paper w/ a bum, and went home broke, while we were waiting for tickets to a concert... All gas stations have that bullet proof everything, slide your money through the slot system. Besides the river, and the Arch, it's about the dirtiest city I've seen (And I've been to Indianapolis). I don't ever feel safe there. I have parked in East St. Louis a bunch though to go to concerts and such. It's not as bad as the myth. Boston should shut up and play baseball.
You should know better than to play three card monty.

I have been to St. Louis many times and have always found it pleasant. I wouldn't even mind living there.

East St. Louis is what it is, but unless you want to gamble or go to strip clubs, there's no reason to be there.

Tekijawa
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
East St. Louis is what it is, but unless you want to gamble or go to strip clubs, there's no reason to be there.
If they add a Portillo's, a good chicken wing place and an easy quick way to get to the ball park I'll be the fist in line to buy a place!

Palehose13
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
it's about the dirtiest city I've seen (And I've been to Indianapolis).
I've never thought that Indy was dirty and I visit there a few times a year.

balke
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
I've never thought that Indy was dirty and I visit there a few times a year.I really only been there once. it was at nighttime, and there were no trees. I might have been in a bad part of town, but it smelled an awful lot like urine everywhere I went. I've talked to other people before who have said it's not so bad, so maybe you're right. I just know that Chicago is spoiled in having a beautiful city. For it's size, the most beautiful, and cleanest I know of. Never been to minneapolis though.

jackbrohamer
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Good thing for them that they work in Boston if they are all that frightened of Black people.

MUsoxfan
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
it's about the dirtiest city I've seen (And I've been to Indianapolis).

I happen to feel that Indy has one of the cleanest downtown areas of any city that I've been to. I go to about 4 Colts games a year down there and whenever the NCAA tournament makes a stop. I wouldn't lick the sidewalks, but I find it odd that you would categorize the cleanliness of Indy with that of St. Louis.

1951Campbell
10-26-2004, 06:30 PM
First of all, the average weight of WEEI on-air personalities is about 280lbs, so they could use the walk over the bridge.

Second of all, there's plenty of neighborhoods in Boston as gross as East St. Louis, but I'm sure your average Globe sports columnist living in Newton has never been to them.