PDA

View Full Version : Hal Vickery's column

doublem23
10-25-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't know if another thread has been started, but the column appearing on WSI's front page right now is wondeful.

:thumbsup:

jackbrohamer
10-25-2004, 04:44 PM
I agree, and congratulations to Torn Labrum for being able to read through such a long Cub-like screed. I wonder how often that guy was "filling the narrow Fenway seats night after night ... no matter who leads...." Geek.

As follow-up on the point about Bucky Dent and 1978, ESPN Classic recently showed This Week In Baseball from early September 1978, when the Yankees went to Boston and absolutely destroyed the Sox in a 4-game series, sweeping with combined score of something like 49-7. The Red Sox choked there and then, plain & simple, and any time they want to stop whining about Bucky Dent is fine with me.

TornLabrum
10-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I agree, and congratulations to Torn Labrum for being able to read through such a long Cub-like screed. I wonder how often that guy was "filling the narrow Fenway seats night after night ... no matter who leads...." Geek.

As follow-up on the point about Bucky Dent and 1978, ESPN Classic recently showed This Week In Baseball from early September 1978, when the Yankees went to Boston and absolutely destroyed the Sox in a 4-game series, sweeping with combined score of something like 49-7. The Red Sox choked there and then, plain & simple, and any time they want to stop whining about Bucky Dent is fine with me.
Thanks for the nice comments.