PDA

View Full Version : What a week to be a Boston area fan....

Fenway
10-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I think it is safe to say that no city has ever had a week in its sports history like we have had here in Boston.

The Red Sox come back from the dead against the Yankees and now have a 2 game lead in the World Series.

The Patriots? They have now won 21 games in a row.

Boston College shocks Notre Dame in South Bend.

The MLS soccer Revolution win a playoff game.

The Red Sox of course lead all conversation. What Schilling did last night after he had trouble WALKING into Fenway was simply amazing. However everybody here is cautious as we remember the Yankees led the ALCS 3-0.

But WOW what a week.:smile:

santo=dorf
10-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Wow, Boston must really have some good fans if someone actually talks about their MLS team. Last year the Fire played in the finals and I really think noone knew about it or cared. :)

Over By There
10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I think it is safe to say that no city has ever had a week in its sports history like we have had here in Boston.

The Red Sox come back from the dead against the Yankees and now have a 2 game lead in the World Series.

The Patriots? They have now won 21 games in a row.

Boston College shocks Notre Dame in South Bend.

The MLS soccer Revolution win a playoff game.

The Red Sox of course lead all conversation. What Schilling did last night after he had trouble WALKING into Fenway was simply amazing. However everybody here is cautious as we remember the Yankees led the ALCS 3-0.

But WOW what a week.:smile:
Really? Hadn't heard about these things through the media. :wink:

Irishsox1
10-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Boston College beating Notre Dame is not shocking anymore. 4 ND losses in a row to mediorce BC teams is annoying and disapointing, but not shocking. Willingham getting fired after 3 years, that would be shocking.

idseer
10-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Willingham getting fired after 3 years, that would be shocking.

shocking ... but very welcome!