PDA

View Full Version : edmonds catch ...

idseer
10-24-2004, 10:59 PM
... against veritek was every bit as good a catch as willie mays famous over the shoulder catch. but i bet by tomorrow it'll be forgotten.

wow! that was a thing of beauty.

MRKARNO
10-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Two Edmonds catches that I thought were among the best I've ever seen:

1. The one in game 7 of the NLCS

2. The one which was the CF Web Gem award winner which involved stealing a home run that was decently over the wall on a full run.

Of course, I dont think anything beats that Brian Giles catch last year. That was simply incredible.

batmanZoSo
10-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Two of the best Manny plays I've ever seen:

1. The one where he fell on his a## and cost the Red Sox a run last night.

2. The other one moments later that tied the game.

samram
10-24-2004, 11:30 PM
... against veritek was every bit as good a catch as willie mays famous over the shoulder catch. but i bet by tomorrow it'll be forgotten.

wow! that was a thing of beauty.
The Cardinals are playing? Listening to Buck and McCarver, I thought it was Boston versus Boston.

That Edmonds catch was great. Wasn't the thing about the Mays catch the fact that the Polo Grounds was about 450 to dead center where he made the catch?

Jjav829
10-24-2004, 11:54 PM
The Cardinals are playing? Listening to Buck and McCarver, I thought it was Boston versus Boston.

That Edmonds catch was great. Wasn't the thing about the Mays catch the fact that the Polo Grounds was about 450 to dead center where he made the catch?It was a great catch. Not surprisingly, ESPN just glanced over it, not even showing the highlight. They barely made mention of it.

As for Buck, I think he's done a good job considering that if he sounds even slightly for the Cards everyone is going to say that he is biased. Under the circumstances he has to announce under, I think he's done fine though he sounded a bit disappointed yesterday when Ortiz hit his HR.

cbrownson13
10-24-2004, 11:58 PM
That Edmonds catch was great. Wasn't the thing about the Mays catch the fact that the Polo Grounds was about 450 to dead center where he made the catch?
Yeah, Polo Grounds was at least 450. Fenway is 420 out in that little corner out in CF. This was a fantastic play especially considering the wind. I remember hearing Torri Hunter on the Score earlier this year saying Edmonds really doesn't make great plays because he runs slow to the ball on purpose so when he makes an acrobatic catch it looks that much better. That catch in the NLCS where he dove was on a full sprint. And tonight, it doesn't matter how fast he runs, that was an incredible catch.

FightingBillini
10-25-2004, 03:35 AM
The Polo Grounds was 485 to straight-away center.

DSpivack
10-25-2004, 04:22 AM
The Polo Grounds was 485 to straight-away center.
Mays' catch was caught around 460, no?