PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holder Party??

DannyCaterFan
10-24-2004, 06:38 PM
As a Sox season ticket holder, I noticed their was no late season, season ticket holder party at the ballpark this year. I always looked forward to the free food and a chance to roam the ballpark for a few hours. Anyone know what happened? Maybe they are planning a Holiday event??

dickallen15
10-24-2004, 07:15 PM
As a Sox season ticket holder, I noticed their was no late season, season ticket holder party at the ballpark this year. I always looked forward to the free food and a chance to roam the ballpark for a few hours. Anyone know what happened? Maybe they are planning a Holiday event??
If you had full season tickets, you were allowed to take batting practice. This was in lieu of the party. I was told there was no party for 2 reasons. First, they usually have the party on labor day weekend, and the Sox were home. This is a weak excuse. They have only had it on Labor Day weekend the last 2 years IIRC. The second excuse was that they were going to start renovations right after the season and couldn't schedule it then. When I heard this, I asked my rep if this was the reason for the team's collapse. The only work currently being done is supposedly the new VIP restaurant, which would have no effect on the party. The batting practice was pretty cool. They served food and beverage just like the party, and you were able to take a few cuts.

steff
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
We're going to the park Tuesday to have lunch.. I'll let you know if they are doing anything in the patio area.

GiveMeSox
10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
We're going to the park Tuesday to have lunch.. I'll let you know if they are doing anything in the patio area.
Really how did you get that. Do you do business with the sox, are u are shareholder? Im just curious but how are you afilaited with the sox?

Brian26
10-24-2004, 08:47 PM
are u are shareholder?
Here we go again....
:D:

ewokpelts
10-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Here we go again....
:D:it's always good to see a c3po reference.
gene

steff
10-26-2004, 04:26 PM
They are doing something down there. We didn't walk down there, but there's work going on in the entire area next to where the bar is. Sorry I don't have anything more.

thepaulbowski
10-26-2004, 05:36 PM
They are doing something down there. We didn't walk down there, but there's work going on in the entire area next to where the bar is. Sorry I don't have anything more.
I was talking to one of the Sox reps and they said the reason they weren't having the season ticket holder party this was because of renovation and/or construction in the bar area. FWIW.

ewokpelts
10-27-2004, 12:27 AM
I was talking to one of the Sox reps and they said the reason they weren't having the season ticket holder party this was because of renovation and/or construction in the bar area. FWIW.my rep told me back in september(which i posted to all of you then) that it may not happen due to patio rennovations.
Gene