PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the World series.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
10-09-2001, 09:51 PM
I gotta go with Oakland. This team was white hot in the second half & went into the playoffs on a high. Seattle has been cruising almost all season & is totally complacent & arrogant. Cleveland will defeat seattle & Oakland will advance & defeat the Toons, then win the big dance.

The Oakland A's your 2001 World Series Champs.

Daver
10-09-2001, 09:54 PM
I am thinking the A's and the Cardinal's,I won't predict a winner though.

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking the A's, too. But I really need to add Daver's alternative signature here. Of course, I can't because he'll get on my case. :)

Daver
10-09-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I'm thinking the A's, too. But I really need to add Daver's alternative signature here. Of course, I can't because he'll get on my case.

Who me?

:)

voodoochile
10-09-2001, 10:23 PM
Is it bad that I am rooting for Cleveland to beat Seattle? I think the A's also, but you can never count out the Yankees. Whoever wins that series shoulkd go to the series. I won't even speculate on the NL. They clearly are the second best league, IMO.

ode to veeck
10-09-2001, 10:28 PM
and toons take first blood in seattle ...

remember what happened to the cubs who won that many games? (clue: "hitless wonders")

yeah, go As! (West & I got lower deck seats for an ALCS game if they get past Yankers)

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
yeah, go As! (West & I got lower deck seats for an ALCS game if they get past Yankers) Damn, I didn't know they we're for the ALCS. Let's go A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ode to veeck
10-09-2001, 10:38 PM
all that was left in 1st round was nose bleed seats ... an I gotta go visit Dad in AZ this weekend

we'll just have to rough it in ALCS, could be fun especially if we get to watch A's munching up that Toon meat

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
all that was left in 1st round was nose bleed seats ... an I gotta go visit Dad in AZ this weekend

we'll just have to rough it in ALCS, could be fun especially if we get to watch A's munching up that Toon meat Hey, I'm not complaining! You had the tickets before I even saw or responded to the email asking if I was interested, LOL!

Bmr31
10-10-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Is it bad that I am rooting for Cleveland to beat Seattle? I think the A's also, but you can never count out the Yankees. Whoever wins that series shoulkd go to the series. I won't even speculate on the NL. They clearly are the second best league, IMO.

Is it bad? not really. I just find it impossible to root for the tribe, unless they played the cubs in the world series. then id root for the tribe.

Nellie_Fox
10-10-2001, 12:01 PM
I agree that Oakland will be the AL representatives. I think it will be Arizona in the NL, because Schilling and the Big Unit will be so important in short playoff series.