PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Cardinals vs. Red Sox Game Thread

RKMeibalane
10-23-2004, 06:37 PM
If you must post regarding tonight's Game One of the 2004 World Series, please use this thread and only this thread. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy the game.

Tonight's starting pitchers are Woody Williams (0-0; 0.00 ERA) and Tim Wakefield (0-0; 0.00 ERA).

RKMeibalane
10-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Here are this evening's starting lineups:

St. Louis Cardinals:

SS- Edgar Renteria
RF- Larry Walker
1B- Albert Pujols
3B- Scott Rolen
CF- Jim Edmonds
DH- Reggie Sanders
2B- Tony Womack
C- Mike Matheny
LF- So Taguchi

Boston Red Sox:

CF- Johnny Damon
SS- Orlando Cabrera
LF- Manny Ramirez
DH- David Ortiz
1B- Kevin Millar
RF- Trot Nixon
3B- Bill Mueller
C- Doug Mirabelli
2B- Mark Bellhorn

illinibk
10-23-2004, 06:48 PM
watching the player intro's, I have concluded that the Boston PA announcer sucks. Give me the White Sox PA announcer any day of the week.

RKMeibalane
10-23-2004, 07:45 PM
The Red Sox lead 4-0 in the second after a home run by David Ortiz and an RBI by Bill Mueller.

RKMeibalane
10-23-2004, 07:47 PM
It is now 4-1 Red Sox following a Mike Matheny sacrifice fly.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-23-2004, 09:39 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: LARRY WALKER

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Ouch. Back to back errors for Ramirez. He must have a gold glove, he can't catch anything with it!

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-23-2004, 10:48 PM
this is one frigging awsome game.

Jjav829
10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
That called 3rd strike on Edmonds was an awful call. You can't miss a call that badly.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-23-2004, 10:57 PM
:angry: Former cubbie bellhorn hits a 2 run hr off of former cubbie tavarez

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-23-2004, 10:59 PM
i hate the stupid red sox so much. go cardinals all the way.

santo=dorf
10-23-2004, 11:01 PM
:angry: Former cubbie bellhorn hits a 2 run hr off of former cubbie tavarez
And Bellhorn should've have been a member of the White Sox if it weren't for this fragile piece of ****---------------->:kelly :angry:

santo=dorf
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
How the **** does Foulke keep getting that corner called? :angry:

FarWestChicago
10-23-2004, 11:05 PM
How the **** does Foulke keep getting that corner called? :angry:The ump is either his uncle or a FOBB. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-23-2004, 11:11 PM
damn...cards lost. oh well, they played an awsome game, didnt get any of the calls, but you know im still rooting for them

Huisj
10-23-2004, 11:19 PM
damn...cards lost. oh well, they played an awsome game, didnt get any of the calls, but you know im still rooting for them
Dang Foulke. He got stinking lucky with that strike three call with the bases loaded. That was the biggest pitch of the game. The ump pissed that game away.

All the announcers and analysts are making a big deal of how in the world the Red Sox could win a game with four errors and so many walks. Well, that called strike may be the reason.

DaveIsHere
10-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Dang Foulke. He got stinking lucky with that strike three call with the bases loaded. That was the biggest pitch of the game. The ump pissed that game away.

All the announcers and analysts are making a big deal of how in the world the Red Sox could win a game with four errors and so many walks. Well, that called strike may be the reason.
Speak the truth my man....speak the truth......Cards in '04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana:

Foulke You
10-24-2004, 12:26 AM

Oh please. You Cards supporters are sounding like a bunch of :whiner: whiners :whiner:
That Foulke pitch was borderline. I'll admit it was slightly outside but you also have to admit that the ump blew the call at the plate where Varitek clearly had the plate blocked and tagged the guy out.

The Cards aren't impressing me much so far. By all means, they should have won this game handily the way the Red Sox kicked the ball around. 4 errors, Wakefield and Arroyo pitched terribly, and Manny looked like he has never played LF in his life and Boston still came out on top. The Red Sox have Schilling and Pedro on tap for the next two games. Unless Pujols, Rolen, and co. start really swinging those sticks, this could be a short series and we'll be minus one "curse" in major league baseball.

FarWestChicago
10-24-2004, 12:46 AM
That Foulke pitch was borderline. I'll admit it was slightly outside...The fact you thought a pitch nowhere near the plate was "borderline" made me think you need your eyes checked. However, the fact you thought a pitch a foot and an half inside was "slightly outside" makes me think you need to lay off the http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/gulp.gif and :smokin:. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

idseer
10-24-2004, 04:03 AM
one down ..... three to go! :smile:

illinibk
10-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Unless Pujols, Rolen, and co. start really swinging those sticks, this could be a short series and we'll be minus one "curse" in major league baseball.
Yeah, those 9 runs they scored were the reason they lost the game. The fact that The Card's starting pitching and bullpen laid an egg had nothing to do with it. *****.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Whats the big deal with this "curse" ordeal. big FREAKING whoop. it's there fault they believe in it. "One more curse we have to worry about"...who's "WE"...you mean "YOU" as a red sox fan. Personally i like the "curse". It's funny that all the red sox believe it acually exists. I hope the cardinals dominate the red sox. Im not worried at all that they are down 0-1. They can certainly come back. I was discussing this with my dad..Wouldn't it be AWSOME..i mean like the funniest thing in the world if the red sox blew a 3-0 lead to the cardinals? :rolling:

Foulke You
10-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, those 9 runs they scored were the reason they lost the game. The fact that The Card's starting pitching and bullpen laid an egg had nothing to do with it. *****. I see nothing wrong with my statement that Pujols, Rolen, and Edmunds will have to carry the torch for the Cards. I think the Cards pitching is inferior all the way around to Boston's so in order for them to win this series, they are going to need a lot of offense. Those big sticks they have in the lineup are going to have to carry them. They are going to have to outslug the Red Sox in this series which they weren't able to do last night.

Foulke You
10-24-2004, 03:31 PM
The fact you thought a pitch nowhere near the plate was "borderline" made me think you need your eyes checked. However, the fact you thought a pitch a foot and an half inside was "slightly outside" makes me think you need to lay off the http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/gulp.gif and :smokin:. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
outside...inside...same difference. You know what I meant.:cool:

SoxEd
10-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh man - weird game - this is the World Series already - supposedly the two best teams in the whole of baseball - how many errors and walks?

That said, the conditions were hardly perfect, and the highest number of runs scored ever - exciting!

Whaddya reckon for tonight's Game 2?

I'm guessing at a tight 'pitching duel'-type game, with a narrow win for the Cards (my prediction is 3-2 Cards).

Unfortunately, because of the time difference, I have to tape it and watch it after work tomorrow.

I just hope it's as exciting as Game 1!