PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Loves Boston So Much!

Viva Magglio
10-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Gee, ESPN really has its head really far up the Red Sox derriere. For this reason alone, I hope the Cardinals maul the Red Sox.

MRKARNO
10-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Naw....There's no East Coast bias

The Cardinals true fanbase is about as large, or in reality, much larger than the Red Sox true fanbase. It's just that the media has painted the Red Sox in such a favorable light that many people have latched onto them in hopes for a Red Sox victory. I think it's more of a "Coast" bias than an east coast bias necessarily as West Coast teams would get as much recognition as East Coast teams for the most part.

RichFitztightly
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I think ESPN is just playing up the Charlie Brown factor. They've missed kicking the football for so long that ESPN thinks everybody is pulling for them. For the most part they're right. Most fans are pulling for the Red Sox and ESPN is perpetuating and blowing up that fandom.

SOXSINCE'70
10-23-2004, 03:02 PM
For the record,the Cards are 2-0 against the Carmines in WS play.
They beat a Ted Williams led Bosox squad in 7 in '46,then they beat
the "impossible dream" team of '67 in 7.

Here's hoping LaRussa and the Cards go 3 for 3.

ESPN SUCKS!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

bigfoot
10-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Fox Sports/ESPN have a lot of airtime invested in the BoSox. Was every Boston/NY game aired nationally, or did it just seem like it?

Irishsox1
10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping that Boston wins, so that all the Red Sox fans and the "Red Sox Nation" (whatever that is), will shut the hell up about the Red Sox. The curse of the Babe, Fenway, Ben Affleck and all the crap....gone! Now they are the evil empire, the one with the trophy. The only exciting aspect of the Red Sox was all the game 7 world series losses, but if they win, not as exciting.