PDA

View Full Version : Beltran's real asking price

munchman33
10-22-2004, 08:34 PM
For those of you with ESPN Insider:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=mlb

Basically says Boras will push hard for 6 years, $90 million. Honestly, that's lower than I thought. Think its doable for the sox.

santo=dorf
10-22-2004, 08:43 PM

Basically says Boras will push hard for 6 years, $90 million. Honestly, that's lower than I thought. Think its doable for the sox.
Holy ****!

I was telling people the exact same figure when asked what kind of deal I would give him. Let's do it! :yup:

fquaye149
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
if we CAN get taht for him, i say do it. . .however i don't think that's all that likely....bidding between the cubs and yankees will probably push his value up a lot higher

munchman33
10-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Holy ****!

I was telling people the exact same figure when asked what kind of deal I would give him. Let's do it! :yup:
I know. He seems like the type of "special" player Jerry would open the purse strings for, and he can definately afford that. Hard to imagine the Yankees not paying him more though, especially with losing to Boston and all.

Daver
10-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I know. He seems like the type of "special" player Jerry would open the purse strings for, and he can definately afford that. Hard to imagine the Yankees not paying him more though, especially with losing to Boston and all.
Would the Yankees sit Bernie Williams to sign Beltran? He is under contract for next year, and is a fan favorite.

munchman33
10-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Would the Yankees sit Bernie Williams to sign Beltran? He is under contract for next year, and is a fan favorite.
Olerud is likely done. If Giambi plays at all next year (big question), he can play first. Bernie can DH.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Wow, that's a very nice number if true. He would be replacing the spot of Magglio in terms of payroll and in production. I think the White Sox are seriously trying to improve the team now. It was apparent by the acquistions of Freddy and Jose, along with the 3 year extension to Freddy.

Flight #24
10-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Lots of rumors about Bernie DHing, or even splitting DH & 1B with Giambi. I think George would be willing to make some moves & possibly ruffle some feathers to accomodate a Beltran. And I'd bet Bernie's classy enough to go along.

However, I'm sure that the Yanks #1 priority will be pitching. Maybe that will be in other teams favor (unless they just decide to have #1-pitching and #1a-Beltran, and #1b - someone else, and #1c - someone else, etc.)

HomeFish
10-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Honestly, that's lower than I thought. Think its doable for the sox.

The Red Sox, perhaps.

I do not see JR taking on an additional 15 million in payroll, even with Mags gone. Especially for such a long-term contract.

HomeFish
10-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Lots of rumors about Bernie DHing, or even splitting DH & 1B with Giambi. I think George would be willing to make some moves & possibly ruffle some feathers to accomodate a Beltran. And I'd bet Bernie's classy enough to go along.

Bernie has been getting rather subpar in CF -- if anything, his presence on the Yankees is incentive for them signing Beltran, rather than discentive [yes, it is a word -- as of this post].

As for pitching, they don't necessarily have to go the FA route. I believe the Yankees have a CF prospect (Bubba Crosby) who would be antiquated with the acquisition of Beltran. They could always trade him for pitching.

Flight #24
10-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Bernie has been getting rather subpar in CF -- if anything, his presence on the Yankees is incentive for them signing Beltran, rather than discentive [yes, it is a word -- as of this post].

As for pitching, they don't necessarily have to go the FA route. I believe the Yankees have a CF prospect (Bubba Crosby) who would be antiquated with the acquisition of Beltran. They could always trade him for pitching.
I don't remember him being valued highly, the top 2 I always heard about were Navarro & Cano. Crosby's been up a few times and done nothing major. I doubt they'd get much for him unless it's primarily a salary dump by the other team.

StillMissOzzie
10-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I fear that at 6/$90M, he'll get a few teams seriously interested and the bidding will go up. I'm sure that the White Sox will be right there in the bidding, though.

Seriously, I think the Sox have too many other holes that the $$$ would be better spent on a #2 or #3 level SP and bullpen help.

SMO
:gulp:

Soxzilla
10-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Good thing is, if we do manage to sign Beltran. That would send a very ... very ...AWESOME message to absolutely everyone.

I bet a free FA pitchers wouldn't turn their nose at the prospect of coming to the white sox, if we showed we wre willing to dish out dollars.

Mickster
10-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Crosby's been up a few times and done nothing major. Unless, of course, he's facing the White Sox!

Fenway
10-23-2004, 12:46 PM
We all know where Beltran is going to wind up.

George may spend 300 Million after losing to Boston.

Lip Man 1
10-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Actually I recently read an analysis piece on the Yankees that certainly provoked my interest.

According to the story Steinbrenner has been adament that he will not go above a 200 million dollar payroll. (I have no idea why. Perhaps because another level of luxury tax kicks in...)

If that is true and remains, then when you factor in all the Yankee contracts for next season, George has only 23 million to play with.

Consider the Yankee needs for pitching (which Brian Cashman confirmed twice in the past few days in interviews that I saw and heard...) and it would be impossible for New York to get Beltran AND pitching unless they can trade off some of the players under contract (Bernie? Lofton??) freeing up some money.

That's the latest I heard but know one thing about the Yankees, the have the sharpest minds in the game, if there is any way to get BOTH Beltran and pitching 'within reason' (i.e. not going above 200 million) they'd find a way to do it.

Lip

Fenway
10-23-2004, 12:53 PM
That's the latest I heard but know one thing about the Yankees, the have the sharpest minds in the game, if there is any way to get BOTH Beltran and pitching 'within reason' (i.e. not going above 200 million) they'd find a way to do it.

Lip
Unless they hire Tony Soprano to get rid of Brown and Giambi they won't do it.

MRKARNO
10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Actually I recently read an analysis piece on the Yankees that certainly provoked my interest.

According to the story Steinbrenner has been adament that he will not go above a 200 million dollar payroll. (I have no idea why. Perhaps because another level of luxury tax kicks in...)

If that is true and remains, then when you factor in all the Yankee contracts for next season, George has only 23 million to play with.

Consider the Yankee needs for pitching (which Brian Cashman confirmed twice in the past few days in interviews that I saw and heard...) and it would be impossible for New York to get Beltran AND pitching unless they can trade off some of the players under contract (Bernie? Lofton??) freeing up some money.

Lip

Cashman doesn't get enough credit for what he does and I think he'll find a way to put the best team in baseball on the field while staying under 200 million. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees trade away some of their contracts while eating a decent amount of them. Some of them are just unmovable (Giambi comes to mind first), but others could be moved (Brown, Lofton, Vazquez).

I know Vazquez had a bad year, but wouldn't it be a good idea to try to get Vazquez from the Yankees if they wanted him out? He's been outstanding before this year. There's a decent possibility that he was pitching hurt the second half according to Will Carroll over at Baseball Prospectus and if he would just have been healthier. I KNOW he can pitch at US Cellular Field because I saw him do it in person earlier this year (8 innings, 1 earned run).

Paulwny
10-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Cashman doesn't get enough credit for what he does and I think he'll find a way to put the best team in baseball on the field while staying under 200 million. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees trade away some of their contracts while eating a decent amount of them. Some of them are just unmovable (Giambi comes to mind first), but others could be moved (Brown, Lofton, Vazquez).

I know Vazquez had a bad year, but wouldn't it be a good idea to try to get Vazquez from the Yankees if they wanted him out? He's been outstanding before this year. There's a decent possibility that he was pitching hurt the second half according to Will Carroll over at Baseball Prospectus and if he would just have been healthier. I KNOW he can pitch at US Cellular Field because I saw him do it in person earlier this year (8 innings, 1 earned run).
Many NY's are questioning Cashman's ability including reporter Shaun Powell, Newsday. From an article:

(His biggest failure was his inability to improve the pitching, a major concern after Roger Clemens "retired" and the Yankees waved goodbye to Andy Pettitte and David Wells. The best Cashman could deliver was Tom Gordon, Javier Vazquez and Paul Quantrill, three postseason clunkers who were especially bad against the Red Sox. Give Cashman a pass on Kevin Brown, only because Brown was no worse than the guy the Yankees surrendered to get him, Jeff Weaver. Otherwise, Cashman came up empty in the only area that counts in October.)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sppow224015249oct22,0,7655172.column?coll=ny-yankees-print

SSN721
10-23-2004, 01:34 PM

I think Vasquez definitely has the ability to be a 2 or 3 pitcher. I think he would fit in this rotation quite nicely. I would like to see him here despite the troubles he had in the postseason. I think the more experience he gets the more dominating he can be. He has shown some wicked stuff this year.
And has a track record of being quite good. What is his contract there, I forgot?

SSN721
10-23-2004, 01:37 PM
That being said if we could get Beltran for 15-16 mil a year I would be ecstatic, I think that alone could boost season ticket sales to the point that we could expand the budget a bit more and still pick up some bullpen help and one more 3 level pitcher.

cornball
10-23-2004, 02:30 PM
That being said if we could get Beltran for 15-16 mil a year I would be ecstatic, I think that alone could boost season ticket sales to the point that we could expand the budget a bit more and still pick up some bullpen help and one more 3 level pitcher.
If the price is 15 mil a year, no doubt the Sox should do everything possible to get him. Unfortunately, I dont think money will be the issue. Playoffs and the real chance to win .....plus money will determine the outcome. He is going to get the money, unless we just blow him away with the offer we have no chance.

He is exactly what we need. A center piece, a young superstar to build upon. Someone who give the team a national face. A player with a chance to be a HOF with several more years.....ect I just think chances are slim.

Flight #24
10-23-2004, 02:53 PM
If the price is 15 mil a year, no doubt the Sox should do everything possible to get him. Unfortunately, I dont think money will be the issue. Playoffs and the real chance to win .....plus money will determine the outcome. He is going to get the money, unless we just blow him away with the offer we have no chance.

He is exactly what we need. A center piece, a young superstar to build upon. Someone who give the team a national face. A player with a chance to be a HOF with several more years.....ect I just think chances are slim.
Beltran, ARow, Frank, CLee, Paulie, Uribe, Vizquel, Crede, Davis, Garcia, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Garland, Shingo, Marte, Politte is a contender. Add in some vets for the 4th starter and long relief and I'll put that team up against most in the AL.

Flight #24
10-23-2004, 03:00 PM
The Red Sox, perhaps.

I do not see JR taking on an additional 15 million in payroll, even with Mags gone. Especially for such a long-term contract.
The long term contract aspect is overrated, IMO. Remember, after next year, the Sox can clear 10.5mil (Paulie, Shingo), and the year after another 22-24mil (CLee, Frank, Contreras). Or if they really want to, they can probably dump salary on CLee & maybe Jose after '05.

So in a "worst case scenario" (i.e. payroll goes up, attendance doesn't follow for whatever reason), you have 05 being in the red, but they can make some significant cuts in salary while they rebuild around Beltran, ARow, Uribe, Crede, Garcia, Buehrle by adding the likes of Fields, Lumsden, BMac, Gio, Honel, etc.

Even if it takes 2 years for the current crop of youngsters to develop, you still have some good years to expect from all of the core guys listed above.

I'm not saying that they'll be winning to go into the red at all, even for 1 year, but the long-terms aspect of 1 bigmoney deal isn't that great given the financial flexibility this club will have over the next 1-2 years.

On a related note: If it's true that they were willing to take on Delgado or Walker's salary, then it's not that farfetched to believe that they might be willing to make a similar commitment to Beltran (15+mil) because they can look at it as a 1-year shot with a big payroll, followed by a reduction if necessary.

nitetrain8601
10-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Beltran, ARow, Frank, CLee, Paulie, Uribe, Vizquel, Crede, Davis, Garcia, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Garland, Shingo, Marte, Politte is a contender. Add in some vets for the 4th starter and long relief and I'll put that team up against most in the AL.
That's what I'm thinking. Of course more help would be nice, but that could be reasonable. I'd say sign a SP like a Russ Ortiz or a Derek Lowe or trade for a Javy Vasquez.

mdep524
10-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I've always been a big Vazquez fan, and I think he would be a great pick up for the Sox if the Yanks are frustrated with him. Unlike Contreras, who is a lemon with a $6 mil price tage, Vazquez is a great pitcher who happened to go through a slump. This is the kind of opportunity I would love to see KW jump on.

SOXSINCE'70
10-23-2004, 04:36 PM

Take this for what it's worth:

During the NLCS,Faux (I mean Fox) reported that Beltran's
best friend is Bernie Williams.I see Yankmee pinstripes
in someone's future.:wink: :cool:

Paulwny
10-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Take this for what it's worth:

During the NLCS,Faux (I mean Fox) reported that Beltran's
best friend is Bernie Williams.I see Yankmee pinstripes
in someone's future.:wink: :cool:
Yep, I also heard that Williams told Beltran he'd have no problem relinquishing cf.

Mohoney
10-23-2004, 05:09 PM
I've always been a big Vazquez fan, and I think he would be a great pick up for the Sox if the Yanks are frustrated with him. Unlike Contreras, who is a lemon with a $6 mil price tage, Vazquez is a great pitcher who happened to go through a slump. This is the kind of opportunity I would love to see KW jump on.
What would Vazquez cost in a trade? I really don't want to give up a package centered around an Anderson/Sweeney/McCarthy type prospect, and I'm sure that Cashman would insist on getting this type of value for Vazquez.

If we could swing a three way deal and get Alfonso Soriano from Texas for Jon Garland and lesser prospects, we could possibly center a package around him and not have to deal one of our premier farmhands. We would then be replacing Garland with Vazquez, which would be a great step up in my opinion. Then we could sign somebody to fill the last remaining spot in the rotation, or maybe even move Crede and a few lesser prospects to the Mariners for Gil Meche.

If we could field a rotation of Garcia, Buehrle, Vazquez, Meche, and Contreras, we could steamroll our division, as long as we address our bullpen.

TDog
10-23-2004, 05:28 PM

If multiple teams find it's doable, the price goes up.

Soxzilla
10-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I'd say that you try and work a trade involving Konerko to NY for Vasquez. That is, if you plan on grabbing Beltran.

I would hate to see Paulie go, but I think Gload has a bright future.:D:

hitlesswonder
10-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Cashman doesn't get enough credit for what he does and I think he'll find a way to put the best team in baseball on the field while staying under 200 million.
I know I'm taking that quote somewhat out of context, but the image of Cashman burning the midnight oil trying to figure out some way of putting the best team in baseball on the field with only a 200 million dollar payroll just strikes me as funny:smile:

nitetrain8601
10-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Anyone else think Gload isn't going to underachieve, at least according to the standards that some fans think he's going to perform up to? I know I do. I think he'll be good defensively, but hitting wise, I just don't know about him.

mdep524
10-24-2004, 01:40 PM
I'd say that you try and work a trade involving Konerko to NY for Vasquez. That is, if you plan on grabbing Beltran.

I would hate to see Paulie go, but I think Gload has a bright future.:D:
A good sign on the Vazquez trade possibility:

The NY Daily News (take it for what it's worth) says the Yankees are "resigned to trading" Vazquez as opposed to keeping him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/245656p-210447c.html

As for Javy Vazquez, the other half of Torre's Game 7 suicide tag team, it appears the Yankees are resigned to trading him rather than attempting to resurrect him next spring.
I'm telling you, this guy is a stud. KW better be sniffing around this situation and be at the front of the line if and when a trade happens.

Lip Man 1
10-24-2004, 02:16 PM
The difference between piching in Montreal and New York is like night and day. Some guys take longer to adjust. If the Yanks want to unload a proven winner even with the garbage teams he had in Montreal, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Lip

beckett21
10-24-2004, 02:25 PM
A good sign on the Vazquez trade possibility:

The NY Daily News (take it for what it's worth) says the Yankees are "resigned to trading" Vazquez as opposed to keeping him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/245656p-210447c.html

I'm telling you, this guy is a stud. KW better be sniffing around this situation and be at the front of the line if and when a trade happens.I love it. Vazquez would upgrade the Sox staff tremendously.

Flight #24
10-24-2004, 05:05 PM
I love it. Vazquez would upgrade the Sox staff tremendously.
Interestingly, Vazquez has a 4-yr, 45mil contract. Not sure if or how it increases over time, but assuming we end up paying $11mil/yr, it's not that far off of Konerko. him plus Beltran does signal a relatively permanent pay increase though as we'd have Garcia, Buehrle, Vazquez, Beltran, Lee, Contreras on fairly sizable deals into 06.

Alternately, Brown's making $15mil, but is in his last year. Either+Beltran and losing Konerko (traded for the pitcher) would be an awesome offseason.

beckett21
10-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Interestingly, Vazquez has a 4-yr, 45mil contract. Not sure if or how it increases over time, but assuming we end up paying $11mil/yr, it's not that far off of Konerko. him plus Beltran does signal a relatively permanent pay increase though as we'd have Garcia, Buehrle, Vazquez, Beltran, Lee, Contreras on fairly sizable deals into 06.

Alternately, Brown's making $15mil, but is in his last year. Either+Beltran and losing Konerko (traded for the pitcher) would be an awesome offseason.The Yanks are usually pretty good at picking up a portion of a guy's deal to get rid of him. I would guess the Sox or someone could get them to foot some of the bill for Vazquez or Brown, though I don't want Brown anywhere near the Sox clubhouse except from the visitor's side.

Flight #24
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
The Yanks are usually pretty good at picking up a portion of a guy's deal to get rid of him. I would guess the Sox or someone could get them to foot some of the bill for Vazquez or Brown, though I don't want Brown anywhere near the Sox clubhouse except from the visitor's side.
The only advatnage to Brown over Vazquez is length of deal, which if it translates into Beltran might be a good tradeoff (depending on how much $$$ they send our way).

beckett21
10-24-2004, 09:34 PM
The only advatnage to Brown over Vazquez is length of deal, which if it translates into Beltran might be a good tradeoff (depending on how much $$$ they send our way).If and when the Yanks start clearing salary, it will be to make room for Beltran on their payroll.

I refuse to get my hopes up over Beltran. Save room for me on the bandwagon once he's in the fold. :unsure:

MRKARNO
10-24-2004, 09:56 PM
I love it. Vazquez would upgrade the Sox staff tremendously.

Hmmmm...........

The Yankees want Randy Johnson?

We need pitching?

DBacks want a 1B?

RJ to New York, Vazquez to the White Sox, Konerko to Arizona?

I dont know whether I'd rather have Johnson for one season or Vazquez for three, but I know I'd take Johnson over Vazquez for one year, but if the Yankees are hellbent on getting Johnson, we might do well to get Vazquez out of the deal.

Then we can sign Beltran having improved our pitching staff without adding much salary in 2005

beckett21
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Hmmmm...........

We need pitching?

DBacks want a 1B?

I dont know whether I'd rather have Johnson for one season or Vazquez for three, but I know I'd take Johnson over Vazquez for one year, but if the Yankees are hellbent on getting Johnson, we might do well to get Vazquez out of the deal.

Then we can sign Beltran having improved our pitching staff without adding much salary in 2005
Sounds reasonable to me. :redneck

Soxzilla
10-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm...........

We need pitching?

DBacks want a 1B?

Make that konerko and cash.

I'm not going to trade a hitter who knocked out 41 homers for a pitcher he had a terrible post season, and an average regular season straight up.:smile: Let's milk ole paulie for all he is worth.

Flight #24
10-25-2004, 10:26 AM
If and when the Yanks start clearing salary, it will be to make room for Beltran on their payroll.

I refuse to get my hopes up over Beltran. Save room for me on the bandwagon once he's in the fold. :unsure:
Depends- if George is serious about both the $200 "cap", and adding top-leve pitching, he'll need to clear salary just to improve his staff.

If that 200 number is remotely accurate, it'll be hard for the Yanks to make a play for RJ/Pedro/Pavano/Radke AND Beltran. Especially sicne any trade of Brown/Vazquez will involve sending cash or taking on a salary.

That said, sign me up for the Koney-RJ-Vazquez deal, especialyl if we can then go get Beltran (or failing that, Drew & Vizquel).

Over By There
10-25-2004, 11:31 AM
At 90mil/6yrs, the per year price seems do-able, but a 6 year contract seems on the long side, doesn't it? Even for a young, talented, proven player like Beltran?

I can't think of many (any, really) big deals lately that were over 5 years, but I assume I'm forgetting some. I would think it's the length of the contract, not the $$ that would leave the Sox on the sidelines on this one.

munchman33
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Make that konerko and cash.

I'm not going to trade a hitter who knocked out 41 homers for a pitcher he had a terrible post season, and an average regular season straight up.:smile: Let's milk ole paulie for all he is worth.
You seem to forget that just two seasons ago Paulie had one of the worst seasons by a regular in major league history. Don't put too much stock in one season. Vasquez's career numbers show he's a stud.

bigfoot
10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Somebody explain the logic of the D-Backs trading RJohnson for Konerko(essentially), when they have Richie Sexson coming back? They have bigger holes to fill in the AZ desert than the Sox.

Flight #24
10-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Somebody explain the logic of the D-Backs trading RJohnson for Konerko(essentially), when they have Richie Sexson coming back? They have bigger holes to fill in the AZ desert than the Sox.
Sexson's an FA, is coming off of a major injury, and will still command a high salary. They also have RJ and his monstrous contract. Konerko would be a short-term sub for Sexson, and a potential long-term, cheaper alternative (he'll make less $$$ in his next contract). He also enables the DBacks to shed the RJ contract.

This all requires that no other good offers are out there for RJ, with teams either a)offering less talent in return, or b)not taking on the salary. Also, the prospect that Sexson may go elsewhere (i.e. maybe the Al where he can DH intermittently).

Soxzilla
10-25-2004, 07:20 PM
You seem to forget that just two seasons ago Paulie had one of the worst seasons by a regular in major league history. Don't put too much stock in one season. Vasquez's career numbers show he's a stud.
Your kidding me right?

munchman33
10-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Your kidding me right?
You're kidding me, right? Look at the numbers: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=5947

idseer
10-25-2004, 09:20 PM
You're kidding me, right? Look at the numbers: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=5947how obviously prejudice can you be?

you claim konerko had a bad year year before last ... you claim vasquez had an off year this year ..... so you compare vasquez's lifetime stats aginst konerko's only bad year?

why should anyone take THAT seriously?

Soxzilla
10-26-2004, 08:23 AM
how obviously prejudice can you be?

you claim konerko had a bad year year before last ... you claim vasquez had an off year this year ..... so you compare vasquez's lifetime stats aginst konerko's only bad year?

why should anyone take THAT seriously?I'm going to have to agree with ID on this one.

Konerko's numbers have been IMPRESSIVE ever since he came to Chicago, except for 1 year.

EDIT - You also realize that all those numbers are NL numbers ... except of course the 4.91 ERA with the yankees. Yeah, he is such a stud putting up Jon Garland numbers ... oh wait ... Garland had a better ERA.:rolleyes:

gosox41
10-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm going to have to agree with ID on this one.

Konerko's numbers have been IMPRESSIVE ever since he came to Chicago, except for 1 year.

EDIT - You also realize that all those numbers are NL numbers ... except of course the 4.91 ERA with the yankees. Yeah, he is such a stud putting up Jon Garland numbers ... oh wait ... Garland had a better ERA.:rolleyes:
Actually, PK's career offensive numbers for a first baseman have been statistically average since he first came here. An .825 career OPS isn't so good for a first baseman. Frank worst year is still better then PK's best.

Bob

GAsoxfan
10-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Yep, I also heard that Williams told Beltran he'd have no problem relinquishing cf.
Yeah, Bernie said he would move to 1st or DH if Beltran came to NY.

Soxzilla
10-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Actually, PK's career offensive numbers for a first baseman have been statistically average since he first came here. An .825 career OPS isn't so good for a first baseman. Frank worst year is still better then PK's best.

Bob
Frank's worst year is better than a lot of peoples better though.

Frank is the best right handed hitter of our generation.