PDA

View Full Version : SamME's Boombox Gets Ballbatted

DrCrawdad
10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Heard on the Score too.

Sosa could become the Yankees' DH for the next two seasons, saving his body and perhaps rejuvenating his spirit in a new atmosphere. He would have to give up his boom box playing under manager Joe Torre, but life is always a series of compromises. Surely Sosa must realize he has no future in Chicago, and neither does his boom box; a teammate is said to have taken a bat to it after Sosa's disappearing act on the final day of the season. - 10/22/04 Paul Sullivan, Cubune.

CubKilla
10-22-2004, 11:20 AM
I heard about this a few weeks ago from someone who claimed to be, "in the know," but refrained from posting since it wasn't written anywhere to back up the claim. I heard the "teammate" in question was Mark Prior.

Soxzilla
10-22-2004, 12:02 PM
I heard about this a few weeks ago from someone who claimed to be, "in the know," but refrained from posting since it wasn't written anywhere to back up the claim. I heard the "teammate" in question was Mark Prior.
Maybe they should put Prior out in the field and give him the clean up spot. Hell, he already makes more contact than scammy.

Uncle_Patrick
10-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Paul Sullivan is only echoing the Cubune's dream that Sham-Me would go elsewhere. No team wants him. He's a mediocre player, overpaid, and considered a cancer in the clubhouse. Even the most ignorant of the Cubbie faithful don't want him anymore.

Boers & Bernstein were talking about this on the Score, I'm told. I didn't hear it, but I'm told that they were also speculating that the Messiah was the one who smashed the boombox. Supposedly, they (the Score) were also reporting some incident about some Cubbie player or players antagonizing their catcher, Barrett, for not being "on their side", earlier in the year, although I don't know what that incident is about.

What a bunch of lovable losers.

Clembasbal
10-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Sammy is the best! If we get rid of him, then who else do we have? We only have one player on the Cubs since Mark Grace and Ryan Sandberg left.

~How most Cub fans would respond to this thread.

ewokpelts
10-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Heard on the Score too.Maybe this is more propaganda, liek in 200 when teh cubune discounted sosa merch at the urinal.
Gene

Flight #24
10-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Paul Sullivan is only echoing the Cubune's dream that Sham-Me would go elsewhere. No team wants him. He's a mediocre player, overpaid, and considered a cancer in the clubhouse. Even the most ignorant of the Cubbie faithful don't want him anymore.

Boers & Bernstein were talking about this on the Score, I'm told. I didn't hear it, but I'm told that they were also speculating that the Messiah was the one who smashed the boombox. Supposedly, they (the Score) were also reporting some incident about some Cubbie player or players antagonizing their catcher, Barrett, for not being "on their side", earlier in the year, although I don't know what that incident is about.

What a bunch of lovable losers.
Hmmm... Yankees lose, in a large part because of their pitchign problems. The quotes and "plans" heard are that they'll make a run at Beltran and try to upgrade pitching, possibly including dumping Brown & Vazquez......and somehow they want to take Sosa on to DH when Bernie Williams is aging and Giambi may or may not be healthy?

Not unless Steiny fires Cashman and replaces him with Costanza. Why on earth would anyone trade for Sosa when they could sign Beltran at the same $$$? And why would George trade Brown for Sosa when he could just as easily trade Brown + some cash to another team for say, relief pitching or prospects?

Heck - if I'm KW, I might just get on the horn and see if the Yanks will trade Brown+cash to make him say a $3-4mil player for Willie Harris or Joe Borchard. I'll take Brown in his FA year as our #4 starter.

the_valenstache
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
If the rumors are correct, I'll go ahead and risk ridicule on this sight by saying that - for once - I think Mark Prior is cool. :o:

Wish the bat woulda been in my hands, though.

MeanFish
10-22-2004, 07:59 PM
As much as I dislike the Cubs, has Mark Prior himself ever really given us a reason to dislike him personally? He's a great pitcher who gives his best no matter what and doesn't complain. Many of his teammates could learn some valuable lessons from him, and that's without current speculation included.

Viva Magglio
10-22-2004, 08:03 PM
As much as I dislike the Cubs, has Mark Prior himself ever really given us a reason to dislike him personally? He's a great pitcher who gives his best no matter what and doesn't complain. Many of his teammates could learn some valuable lessons from him, and that's without current speculation included.
Prior is an arrogant snob.

Chrisaway
10-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Prior is an arrogant snob. an arrogant snob with poor mechanics.

DrCrawdad
10-23-2004, 12:26 AM

Prior is an arrogant prick who's had one good year. IMHO one good year does not make Prior a great pitcher.

As far as not complaining, um...have you watched Prior pitch? This tool bitches and moans constantly when things do not go his way. I remember the messiah coming out of a game and mocking an ump while the messiah was in the dugout.

I just wish Barry Bonds had kicked the messiah's pampered red ass.

1951Campbell
10-23-2004, 12:36 AM
The only thing better than Prior smashing the boombox would be Alou pissing on it.

DrCrawdad
10-23-2004, 12:42 AM
The only thing better than Prior smashing the boombox would be Alou pissing on it.

If it were plugged in.

http://www.davidm.net/photo/summer2002/fun%20stuff/shocking.jpg

1951Campbell
10-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Hmmm...I'm not sure, Crawdad. Dusty told me that not only are Latin players impervious to heat, but they take shocks pretty well too...

RichFitztightly
10-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Hmmm...I'm not sure, Crawdad. Dusty told me that not only are Latin players impervious to heat, but they take shocks pretty well too...
WOOO-WEEEEEE. If it weren't for the way Mariano Riviera's family died, your post would have been insanely funny.

santo=dorf
10-23-2004, 01:18 AM
WOOO-WEEEEEE. If it weren't for the way Mariano Riviera's family died, your post would have been insanely funny.:o:
Yeah, that is some pretty bad timing.

Uncle_Patrick
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Word is the ESPN 1000 is reporting that it was Kerry Wood, not Prior, who smashed Sosa's boombox. Sosa, himself, apparently confirmed this with Bruce Levine.

santo=dorf
10-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Word is the ESPN 1000 is reporting that it was Kerry Wood, not Prior, who smashed Sosa's boombox. Sosa, himself, apparently confirmed this with Bruce Levine.
So who told Sosa it was Wood? :?:

Uncle_Patrick
10-29-2004, 11:33 AM
You got me, but I don't see why he'd make that up. I don't recall hearing about any personal problems between Wood and Sosa. I'm sure a lot of people witnessed it, so word probably got back to him.

Uncle_Patrick
10-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Or, maybe it was Prior who told Sosa.

Wsoxmike59
10-30-2004, 09:59 AM
I remember SamME going ape :dtroll: on Joe Girardi just for turning the volume down on his precious boom box a couple seasons ago. The two had to be restrained from going at it.

What's Shammee gonna do this time? It will be very very interesting.

The cub clubhouse should be a really fun place to be next season.

:bandance:

wdelaney72
11-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Prior is an arrogant prick who's had one good year. IMHO one good year does not make Prior a great pitcher.

As far as not complaining, um...have you watched Prior pitch? This tool bitches and moans constantly when things do not go his way. I remember the messiah coming out of a game and mocking an ump while the messiah was in the dugout.

I just wish Barry Bonds had kicked the messiah's pampered red ass.
I totally agree. Let's look at the facts, how many complete MLB seasons has Prior pitched? Answer = ZERO.

People on South Naperville will also agree with Prior being a drillrod. Remember his little autograph event at "Just Ducky", which was held the night before he pitched his first game after coming off the DL? He left early leaving hundreds of people empty handed with no autograph.

DumpJerry
11-02-2004, 04:41 PM
I remember SamME going ape :dtroll: on Joe Girardi just for turning the volume down on his precious boom box a couple seasons ago. The two had to be restrained from going at it.

What's Shammee gonna do this time? It will be very very interesting.

The cub clubhouse should be a really fun place to be next season.

:bandance:Yeah..............another reason for the Media to focus on them and not us. Somehow, someway, we'll get blamed for the internal strife in the Flubby clubhouse. After all, it was the Sox who traded Sosa to the Flubs..........