PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Win!!!

SomebodyToldMe
10-21-2004, 11:39 PM
GO CARDS!!!

Whitesox029
10-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Ok, I'm very, very confused. If the Cards are playing the BoSox in the World Series, how will the Flubs win the Series? I read somewhere that the Flubs are supposed to win it...............this year.......sigh:?: I love it hahaha!
Ever since the cards fans cheered us on July 9, whether it was because the Cubs were in town or not, I really like them. In the ALCS I was rooting for the lesser of two evils (Yanks in my case :angry: ), and in the NLCS it was the greater of two goods. I do hate to see the Astros go. They played with a lot of heart and they kept the Cubs out of the W.C. spot, but the fact that the Cards were picked to finish 3rd is funny, given what they've accomplished. I'm registered at cardsclubhouse.com (as CardsSox014). I congratulated them on behalf of Sox fans again for winning the pennant: http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7701

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-22-2004, 12:14 AM
YES!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Gotta respect the astros

DumpJerry
10-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Ok, I'm very, very confused. If the Cards are playing the BoSox in the World Series, how will the Flubs win the Series? I read somewhere that the Flubs are supposed to win it...............this year.......sigh:?:

kittle545feet
10-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know if I am extremely out dated and too old, thirty one, but when did it become fashionable to cheer for the NL? I am a White Sox fan where they play in the American League, so therefore I am a AL fan. Especially cheering for two teams from the cubs division! Did I miss a meeting? This is what we do now? Can't you just hear the cub fans saying they had to contend with the "world champion" Cardinals? All I know is that every time a NL team wins it all, I gotta hear crap from all my cub fan friends about how the AL sucks. Its a total shot against the White Sox and I guess people just don't get it.:dunno:

inta
10-22-2004, 03:52 AM
root for the cards.

A - They're the cubs long time rival... a cards WS win is a thorn in cubdoms side.

B - Tony LaRussa.

C - bosox are yankees jr.

i don't hate the bosox. if they win, that would be pretty cool to see. but my hearts on the cards. i'm just looking forward to a good WS between 2 great classic teams.
no expansion teams, no palm trees.

can't wait.

pinwheels3530
10-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Great series it was tough to see the Astros lose especially after they made the great runt to get into the playoffs, they played with alot of heart. I am happy for the Cardinals I think it should be a great series with Boston.

Either one of these teams would represent the National League proudly despite what the Chicago Media and Cub fans say..........Yes, Cub fans it's possible to have a great and dramatic postseason without that loser team of yours!!!!

DumpJerry
10-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Last night, Mark Shanowski on Chanel 5 said it would be very hard for Chicagoans to cheer for the Cards because of what they did to the Flubs (win).

The Flub media needs to get over it. Really. Wake up, there are some fans here who love, LOVE teams that beat the Flubs.:angry:

I was waiting for him to explain how the Flubs will be beating the Cards and BoSox next week. After all, the Cubs are going to win the 2004 World Series.

Risk
10-22-2004, 10:07 AM
I love it hahaha!
Ever since the cards fans cheered us on July 9, whether it was because the Cubs were in town or not, I really like them. In the ALCS I was rooting for the lesser of two evils (Yanks in my case :angry: ), and in the NLCS it was the greater of two goods. I do hate to see the Astros go. They played with a lot of heart and they kept the Cubs out of the W.C. spot, but the fact that the Cards were picked to finish 3rd is funny, given what they've accomplished. I'm registered at cardsclubhouse.com (as CardsSox014). I congratulated them on behalf of Sox fans again for winning the pennant: http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7701
Very classy act by you.:gulp:

Risk

SAVVY18
10-22-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't know if I am extremely out dated and too old, thirty one, but when did it become fashionable to cheer for the NL? I am a White Sox fan where they play in the American League, so therefore I am a AL fan. Especially cheering for two teams from the cubs division! Did I miss a meeting? This is what we do now? Can't you just hear the cub fans saying they had to contend with the "world champion" Cardinals? All I know is that every time a NL team wins it all, I gotta hear crap from all my cub fan friends about how the AL sucks. Its a total shot against the White Sox and I guess people just don't get it.:dunno:
Maybe I can help you out. I'm 34, so this isn't a snot nosed kid talking here. WE(the WHITE Sox) spend most of the year playing against the AL teams and a small portion against the NL teams. Just like anything, familiarity breeds contempt. During the season, which league's teams beat us more often? That would be the AL. So why would I root for them? They cost us our shot in the W.S. Secondly, as someone has stated, The Red Cubs are the Jr. Yankee's. Thirdly, the Cardinals, who we didn't play this year and didn't cost us any games, and happen to be our cross town rivals biggest rivals have a chance to win the W.S. and embarass the cubs even more than they already are. Fourth, Since I really don't care who wins it all, I ask which would hurt our cross town rivals more? The team that the majority of their fans root for winning it or the team that they absolutely hate winning it. I am a prick, so I go for the team that they would hate to see winning it. And finally, if Boston wins it, their "curse" will be gone and the cubs would get even more attention because of their "curse". No thanks.

QueerGirrl
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Maybe what you don't get kittle is the idea of freedom of choice. I like the Cards and I always have. I'm not going to root for the Red Cubs because they're in the AL with our Sox. What kind of logic is that? If you want to root for Boston, root for them because you like the team, not because of some nonexistent allegiance between AL franchises. Besides, what good will come for our Sox if Boston wins the WS? I'll tell you, about the same from the Cards winning: zero.

Iwritecode
10-22-2004, 11:08 AM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That would include the Marlins, Cards and Astros.

If any Cubs fans give you any crap because the NL team won the WS just tell them to quit coming up with more lame-ass excuses as to why their team sucks...

kittle545feet
10-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Maybe what you don't get kittle is the idea of freedom of choice. I like the Cards and I always have. I'm not going to root for the Red Cubs because they're in the AL with our Sox. What kind of logic is that? If you want to root for Boston, root for them because you like the team, not because of some nonexistent allegiance between AL franchises. Besides, what good will come for our Sox if Boston wins the WS? I'll tell you, about the same from the Cards winning: zero.I am cheering for the Red Sox because I love the team. They play they're asses off and are loaded with "gamers". I am not trying to take anyones freedom of choice away. Stop being so defensive queergirl. I will tell you the logic, since you don't get what I am saying. The AL is where the Sox play and you want them to go represent your league well by beating the NL. It makes the Sox look better. Yeah, the AL stopped the Sox from going any further, but I don't hold that against them. That's what they are supposed to do. Thats the point of playing a season and determining a winner or representative. If you supported Dean, would you now be opposed to Kerry because he beat him in the primaries? You cheer for who you want to cheer for and I really could care less. I'm just saying that there used to be a time when there was an allegiance to your league and the all star game meant something and was the most contested and hard played game of the year. But, I guess not anymore. The game of baseball, like society, has had many changes I don't agree with along with the actions of the fans and people in general. But I am not ignoring freedom of choice.:neener:

QueerGirrl
10-22-2004, 12:31 PM
I am cheering for the Red Sox because I love the team. They play they're asses off and are loaded with "gamers". I am not trying to take anyones freedom of choice away. Stop being so defensive queergirl. I will tell you the logic, since you don't get what I am saying. The AL is where the Sox play and you want them to go represent your league well by beating the NL. It makes the Sox look better. Yeah, the AL stopped the Sox from going any further, but I don't hold that against them. That's what they are supposed to do. Thats the point of playing a season and determining a winner or representative. If you supported Dean, would you now be opposed to Kerry because he beat him in the primaries? You cheer for who you want to cheer for and I really could care less. I'm just saying that there used to be a time when there was an allegiance to your league and the all star game meant something and was the most contested and hard played game of the year. But, I guess not anymore. The game of baseball, like society, has had many changes I don't agree with along with the actions of the fans and people in general. But I am not ignoring freedom of choice.:neener:
Relax sweetheart I'm not being defensive, just stating that people can root for either team without it being a big deal. Have a drink ok? :gulp: Yikes.

CubKilla
10-22-2004, 12:33 PM
They play they're asses off and are loaded with "gamers".
So do the Cardinals and probably more so than the Red Sox.

Iwritecode
10-22-2004, 12:38 PM
I was rooting for the Braves in 95? 96? when they played the Indians. I really hated that team...

kittle545feet
10-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Relax sweetheart I'm not being defensive, just stating that people can root for either team without it being a big deal. Have a drink ok? :gulp: Yikes. I didn't mean to sound like I was being bitchy. I wasn't really directing all of it at you, I was just trying to find a way to make my point. Sorry if it came out venomous......lol.:hug: