cheeses_h_rice
10-09-2001, 07:28 PM
0-1 in the postseason.

So much for 116 regular-season wins.

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
0-1 in the postseason.

So much for 116 regular-season wins. They got their asses handed to them. That's gotta hurt.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-09-2001, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
They got their asses handed to them. That's gotta hurt.

Baseball plays 162 regular season games and then asks the question, "Mariners, what have you done for me lately?"

This is stupid.

KempersRS
10-09-2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Baseball plays 162 regular season games and then asks the question, "Mariners, what have you done for me lately?"

This is stupid.

The whole point of baseball in stamina. 162 games, who can stay in it the longest? What team has the most depth to stay in it? Then they go and play a series where you can start only your top guys and not need a deep pen or rotation...best of 5 is a mistake.

OutcastRadio
10-09-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
They got their asses handed to them. That's gotta hurt.

A LOT of their fans didn't learn the lesson that regular season wins do not equal playoff wins. (I'd call it "the lesson of Metcalf", but nobody here is likely to understand that yet)

I do NOT think that today's Tribe wins hands the series to my boys......but let it be heard that the Indians will not go quietly.

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio
I do NOT think that today's Tribe wins hands the series to my boys......but let it be heard that the Indians will not go quietly. Like I said before, your boys have a puncher's chance. They can hit. Seattle better start doing the same or they could get themselves into trouble.

ode to veeck
10-09-2001, 11:35 PM
pilots, er mariners gotta get a standing eight count for getting shut down so soundly at home in game 1