PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder How Nomars Feeling Right Now?

pinwheels3530
10-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Now that the Red Sox have finally beaten the Yankees, I wonder if Nomar is feeling left out. They did it without him and he ended up playing for a real loser of a team with the Cubs. I hope he realized the northside team is not the way the Chicago media likes to portray them!

One final thing it's funny how the Cub fans want to start jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon and start taking credit for them beating the Yankees.......are they the biggest spot light hogging fans you have ever seen.....can't they let the Red Sox fan enjoy their victory over the Yankees. It's the Red Sox fans who have suffered through all the Yankee b.s. not the Cubs, but here they come acting like they have been there all along for they ride, kissing up to Boston! The Cub fans will do anything to get in the spotlight!!!!

Frankfan4life
10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
I totally agree. For some reason the media has picked up on this "kinship" relationship between the Cubs and the Red Sox when in reality the two teams have nothing in common. The Red Sox have been far more successful in the post season than the Cubs.

pinwheels3530
10-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Cub fan speaking "Hey Red Sox fans, can we come along for the ride, buy me a beer!"

Red Sox fan Speaking "No leave us alone and stop holding our d$cks!"

:D:

HomeFish
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
A friend of mine brought up a good point yesterday. A lot of Cub fans seem to think the Red Sox are the same team as the Cubs.

"Oh hey, they have a B instead of a C now. Cool."

chuckn98229
10-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Nomar is right where he belongs. Among the biggest whiners, liars, fakers, and cheaters in major league baseball. May he forever rest in peace there.

Palehose13
10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Now that the Red Sox have finally beaten the Yankees, I wonder if Nomar is feeling left out. They did it without him and he ended up playing for a real loser of a team with the Cubs. I hope he realized the northside team is not the way the Chicago media likes to portray them!

One final thing it's funny how the Cub fans want to start jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon and start taking credit for them beating the Yankees.......are they the biggest spot light hogging fans you have ever seen.....can't they let the Red Sox fan enjoy their victory over the Yankees. It's the Red Sox fans who have suffered through all the Yankee b.s. not the Cubs, but here they come acting like they have been there all along for they ride, kissing up to Boston! The Cub fans will do anything to get in the spotlight!!!!
Not sure what you are talking about. What are cub fans doing and are they getting national media attention for it?

DrCrawdad
10-21-2004, 09:26 AM
It was cool to see the Red Sox win the pennant. It is funny to think of the hoopla that surrounded the Cubbies getting Nomar. The Red Sox took off once Nomar left (was it merely a coincidence?). Now Nomar is most likely going to leave the Cubbies.

Of course if the Red Sox win the World Series it will reveal what has been always been the case that the two worst baseball franchises are the Cubs (1908) and the White Sox (1917).

Dan H
10-21-2004, 09:38 AM
It was cool to see the Red Sox win the pennant. It is funny to think of the hoopla that surrounded the Cubbies getting Nomar. The Red Sox took off once Nomar left (was it merely a coincidence?). Now Nomar is most likely going to leave the Cubbies.

Of course if the Red Sox win the World Series it will reveal what has been always been the case that the two worst baseball franchises are the Cubs (1908) and the White Sox (1917).
I agree. The Cubs and White Sox have run out of excuses and other things and people to blame. I hope the Red Sox take the series to shame these two clubs into doing something. But then again, they have no shame so I am not holding my breath there. Here's to another 80 something win season. Oh wasn't it great the Cubs finally put winning season back to back?

kittle42
10-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Not sure what you are talking about. What are cub fans doing and are they getting national media attention for it?Not national, but the lead story on Fox News after the game last night had reporters talking to people outside freakin' Wrigley with a graphic with the Cubs logo next to the Red Sox logo.

Palehose13
10-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Not national, but the lead story on Fox News after the game last night had reporters talking to people outside freakin' Wrigley with a graphic with the Cubs logo next to the Red Sox logo.
Oh...Thanks.

That is soooooo gay. :D:

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Its funny, I saw this exact same question posted on a Cubs message board. The opinion there, not surprisingly, was that Nomar was probably pondering how he was going to get the Cubs to the WS next year. I tend to believe that he's thinking "Where am I going to get the most money to play next year?"

idseer
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
i just can't get over how much sox fans care about the cubs.

Iwritecode
10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
But then again, they have no shame so I am not holding my breath there.

The Cubs could win the WS next year and it wouldn't shame JR into doing anything at all...

daveeym
10-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah no ****, I was at elbo room last night and every single person in there was going nuts and acting like morons. There was NO WAY in hell they were all from boston or boston fans, definitely cubbie fans jumping on the bandwagon. You know what we're going to start hearing from them next right? Well prior and wood will be healthy next year, we'll probably get beltran also and now that the red sox broke their curse we're gonna break ours.

Baby Fisk
10-21-2004, 01:15 PM
You know what we're going to start hearing from them next right? Well prior and wood will be healthy next year, we'll probably get beltran also and now that the red sox broke their curse we're gonna break ours.Yup. If Boston wins, then the Cubs will gain exclusive rights and all marketing privileges of "curse" related BS. They can have it! Dusty Clown Shoes will be out there yapping about how "it's the Cubs turn to shake that goat off their backs" bla bla bla. The Cubbies will have curses all to themselves, and they will cherish it like the idiots they are. The media will do nothing to point out the inherent stupidity of it, so long as it makes for good fodder.

Why a sports fan wants to wrap themselves up in a legacy of losing is utterly nonsensical. That's why the White Sox aren't a part of this garbage. Sox fans don't buy into this crap. We hate losing. It's not cute, loveable or cool. Anyone who thinks it is (amazingly, 99% of those people also happen to wear caps with red C's on them) is a moron. Period.

jdm2662
10-21-2004, 02:00 PM
The Red Sox and Cubs have nothing in common. The Red Sox have put quality teams on the field over the years. They just never could get over the hump for the next level. Prior to last season, the Cubs have been god-awful for the most part.

I've got a friend that's a huge Cub fan, and he did not want the Red Sox to win. He didn't want to have the only "cursed" team... He is certainly not jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon because it's cool...
________
PENNY STOCK PICK (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

ewokpelts
10-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah no ****, I was at elbo room last night and every single person in there was going nuts and acting like morons. There was NO WAY in hell they were all from boston or boston fans, definitely cubbie fans jumping on the bandwagon. You know what we're going to start hearing from them next right? Well prior and wood will be healthy next year, we'll probably get beltran also and now that the red sox broke their curse we're gonna break ours.they were playing teh game @ elbo? they NEVER show stuff on the tvs aside from concert footage....
Gene

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2004, 02:12 PM
The Red Sox and Cubs have nothing in common. The Red Sox have put quality teams on the field over the years. They just never could get over the hump for the next level. Prior to last season, the Cubs have been god-awful for the most part.

I've got a friend that's a huge Cub fan, and he did not want the Red Sox to win. He didn't want to have the only "cursed" team... He is certainly not jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon because it's cool...
In another thread, I posted that a Cub fan friend of mine had the same sentiment about not wanting to be the only cursed team. I don't think that anyone here is really arguing that the two teams are historically similar, its really the reaction of the fans that is similar, at least this year.

DumpJerry
10-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Nomar expressing his feelings Wednesday night around 11:00 p.m.:

:chunks

Followed by:

:prozac

Life is rough.

daveeym
10-21-2004, 04:36 PM
they were playing teh game @ elbo? they NEVER show stuff on the tvs aside from concert footage....
Gene Yeah i was surprised as well. Went to see a couple of friends band and was thinking damn, won't be able to see what happens in the game, of course by then the rout was on so it didn't matter. They only had the main TV upstairs on for the game but it had enough people watching it.

ewokpelts
10-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah i was surprised as well. Went to see a couple of friends band and was thinking damn, won't be able to see what happens in the game, of course by then the rout was on so it didn't matter. They only had the main TV upstairs on for the game but it had enough people watching it.They've NEVER turned the Sox games on for me.
Gene

Iwritecode
10-22-2004, 01:21 PM
In another thread, I posted that a Cub fan friend of mine had the same sentiment about not wanting to be the only cursed team.

That's the funny thing. The few intelligent Cubs fans realize what will happen if the Red Sox win. The rest of them (most of them) won't know until it happens.

Cubs fans: What do you mean the "historic" WS between baseball's two most-cursed teams can never happen now??? :whiner:

1951Campbell
10-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Now that the Red Sox have finally beaten the Yankees, I wonder if Nomar is feeling left out.

Somehow I imagine sleeping on a pile of money next to Mia Hamm softens the blow.

uscomiscular
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
He's probably feeling Mia Hamm right now.......oh you said how's he feeling. My bad.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Regardless of what happens, his old Boston teammates are being kind to Nomar:

Ex-Mates Vote Garciaparra In (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/26/ex_mates_vote_garciaparra_in/)