PDA

View Full Version : Best Postseason Ever?

MUsoxfan
10-21-2004, 12:45 AM
This is the best. Who could ask for anything more? Historical comebacks and historical numbers of homeruns and hits. Who else is enjoying this postseason more than any other in recent memory?

The Cheat
10-21-2004, 01:32 AM
I guess you were in a hole last October.

pinwheels3530
10-21-2004, 02:16 AM
I guess you were in a hole last October.
This post season is better than last year!!

SoxFan76
10-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Although I'm super pissed that the Bo Sox made it to the WS, you can't deny that this was an incredible post season thus far. The NLCS and ALCS series have been phenominal. The NLCS isn't even over with yet.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2004, 07:20 AM
This is the best. Who could ask for anything more? Historical comebacks and historical numbers of homeruns and hits. Who else is enjoying this postseason more than any other in recent memory?

As far as asking "for anything more",here's an idea:

THE WHITE SOX WINNING A WS IN MY LIFETIME!!!!!

Talk about "The Impossible Dream".:angry: :angry: :angry:

MRKARNO
10-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Besides the Yankees-Twins series, the divisional series round was kind of a dud, whereas last year it wasn't. Besides, it takes a good World Series to make it a great postseason. 1986 may have been the best postseason ever.

ma-gaga
10-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Besides the Yankees-Twins series, the divisional series round was kind of a dud, whereas last year it wasn't. Besides, it takes a good World Series to make it a great postseason. 1986 may have been the best postseason ever.
Last years' divisional round was amazing. 2 of the 4 series went to game 5s, 2 went to game 4s. The Championship Round was amazing. Both went to game 7s. Last years World Series was amazing, game 6.

Out of a possible 41 games that could be played in the post season, last year they had 38 games. THAT is amazing.

Don't get me wrong. I love what Boston did. I love what Houston/St.Louis are doing, but the divisional series last year was much better than this year.

HebrewHammer
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
This is the best. Who could ask for anything more? Historical comebacks and historical numbers of homeruns and hits. Who else is enjoying this postseason more than any other in recent memory?It would be the best post season ever, except the White Sox aren't in it.

mjharrison72
10-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Last years' divisional round was amazing. 2 of the 4 series went to game 5s, 2 went to game 4s. The Championship Round was amazing. Both went to game 7s. Last years World Series was amazing, game 6.

Out of a possible 41 games that could be played in the post season, last year they had 38 games. THAT is amazing.

Don't get me wrong. I love what Boston did. I love what Houston/St.Louis are doing, but the divisional series last year was much better than this year.
Unless the Sox are playing, it's just hard to get too excited about the division series, game fives or not. Another solid argument for last year's being more exciting was the Kub Kollapse... I was running celebratory laps around my apartment. Skipping, actually.

But this year has been amazing to watch... just too bad the NLCS has been really overshadowed by the Yankees/Red Sox. And I have to say being able to watch the only team in baseball history come back from 3-0, especially against the Yankees, makes this year way better, regardless of what happens tonight or in the World Series.

mactheknife
10-22-2004, 11:44 AM
i dont know what's better - the yanks getting knocked out this year, or my memories of the cubs losing last year.

i was waiting for my ride after work, standing outside on chicago ave. in downtown naperville. it was totally dead and sullivans was playing the game outside on the radio - i hear the game end, and fall to my knees in joy...so beautiful.

MRKARNO
10-22-2004, 03:54 PM

I think I stated my opinion poorly. Last year's divisional serieses blew this years' out of the water. This year's NLCS was pretty damn good with a lot of close games and 2 straight important games with walk-off homers and a game 7 which saw Pujols and Rolen getting the best of Roger (and a suicide squeeze and an amazing catch by Edmonds!). As much as I liked to see the Cubs choke last year, this was a higher quality series on the whole. As far as the ALCS is concerned, much better than last year's, which was good, but didn't involve 2 blown rivera saves and 2 walk off wins or a 0-3 comeback. I would say this years' was a little better. Last years' world series was good, not great, but this year's might end up being one of the best ever. Overall this season's Postseason was better than last years, but the World Series has to be weighted very heaviliy in the equation, which is why 1986 was the best postseason in recent history.

Everyone forgets how the California Angels were three outs away in and up 5-2 over the Red Sox in game 5 of the 1986 ALCS up 3-1 in the series when the Red Sox miraculously got 4 runs in the top of the 9th off of closer Donnie Moore (The Angels got one in the bottom of the inning, but the Red Sox won in extra frames). The Red Sox won the next two games by large margins.

Also, the NLCS was crazy too. Game one, the Astros won 1-0. Game two the mets won 5-1. In game three, the Astros were leading 5-4 before the Mets scored 2 in the bottom of the ninth to win. Game four was a 3-1 Astros win. Game five was a 12 inning affair which ended with the Mets getting a run in the bottom of the 12th to get the 2-1 win. Game 6 was insane: The astros were leading 3-0 going into the top of the ninth with a chance to send it into game 7. The Mets scored three in the top of the ninth. No one scored again till the 14th when the Mets scored in the top half and the Astros in the bottom half. The game ended in the 16th when the Mets scored 3 in the top half and the Astros only scored 2 in the bottom half.

And that doesn't even include the World Series and its infamous game 6, which includes the biggest meltdown of all time! Now that was an amazing postseason. This year's doesnt come close to that one I think as good as this years' has been so far.

Chrisaway
10-22-2004, 07:21 PM
This is the best. Who could ask for anything more? Historical comebacks and historical numbers of homeruns and hits. Who else is enjoying this postseason more than any other in recent memory?Well I dont see the White Sox playing so I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree.

It has been quite fun to watch though.

Railsplitter
10-23-2004, 09:51 AM
This post season is better than last year!!Yeah, the Schlubs aren't in it this year!:wink: