PDA

View Full Version : Fox News sucks ....

Soxzilla
10-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Please tell me someone else just saw that segment about the cubs and red sox ...

Jesus I hate this town.

:chunks

Etownsox13
10-20-2004, 11:45 PM
I just saw that. A girl who was about in her 20's said she never thought she would see this in her lifetime. Check 1986.

Soxzilla
10-21-2004, 12:02 AM
I just saw that. A girl who was about in her 20's said she never thought she would see this in her lifetime. Check 1986.
I'd laugh.

But I've just lost all faith in humanity.

I suppose the fact that she is probably getting gang banged by 5 sweaty cub frat boys makes me feel better tho.:gulp:

balke
10-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I suppose the fact that she is probably getting gang banged by 5 sweaty cub frat boys makes me feel better tho.:gulp:
pics prz

anyways...

Just wait til they choke in the WS. Then not only do we get yet another STeinBrenner's fury, v. Red SOx preseason, and multiple replays of this series.... but yet again, more curse segs.

I guess it's a little better than the flood of ended curse segs that will be done if the BOSOX actually win the thing.

SomebodyToldMe
10-21-2004, 12:09 AM
OH DEAR GOD! I wanted to smash my tv when I saw that part.

This is pure crap. They just showed what we at WSI have been saying all along.

Frankfan4life
10-21-2004, 12:42 AM
The Bosox have now reached the WS in everybody's lifetime. I hope now they will stop whining.

kittle545feet
10-21-2004, 12:54 AM
OH DEAR GOD! I wanted to smash my tv when I saw that part.

This is pure crap. They just showed what we at WSI have been saying all along. If everyone here at WSI has been saying that Red Sox fans really hate this "curse" crap, then your statement is correct. But, I don't think that's the popular sentiment around here. You see, the media fuel this crap and they find the biggest idiot in the crowd to give thier opinion and then everybody labels Red Sox fans as idiots and as a reason why I as a White Sox fan should hate them. Sorry, I don't buy it. You want to talk about idiot fans, look no further than the north side. But, to throw the Boston fans in with the scrub fans because the media keep bringing up something the Boston faithful despise is just wrong. Say something to a Red Sox fan about a curse or being lovable losers and you might get punched. Trust me, they are nothing like scrub fans. They really care about winning. And as far as them being cry-babies or whiners, what the hell do you think we're doing everyday on here. Please people, lighten up on the Red Sox.

balke
10-21-2004, 01:12 AM
If everyone here at WSI has been saying that Red Sox fans really hate this "curse" crap, then your statement is correct. But, I don't think that's the popular sentiment around here. You see, the media fuel this crap and they find the biggest idiot in the crowd to give thier opinion and then everybody labels Red Sox fans as idiots and as a reason why I as a White Sox fan should hate them. Sorry, I don't buy it. You want to talk about idiot fans, look no further than the north side. But, to throw the Boston fans in with the scrub fans because the media keep bringing up something the Boston faithful despise is just wrong. Say something to a Red Sox fan about a curse or being lovable losers and you might get punched. Trust me, they are nothing like scrub fans. They really care about winning. And as far as them being cry-babies or whiners, what the hell do you think we're doing everyday on here. Please people, lighten up on the Red Sox.
Is that you boston? :tongue:

I (and others) reserve the right to ridicule and cheer against any Red Sox generated media. I'm going National regardless. Who really cares about the BOSOX anyhow? Whiners or not, they ain't the white sox. Go Cards or Stros, just a further dig into the Cubs "broken" (or missing) hearts.

There were enough people crying and praying at the BOSOX game that the perception is, there are a lot of Bosox fans who are represented well by the media. It's not just one schmuck off the streeet, it's a lot of schmucks off the street. And hundreds of fans with Bambino signs. They get a double whammy of annoyance, because they have the Yanks rivalry, and the Cub curse comparison. People get annoyed with that. Let us whine about the whiners.

If a Boston fan wants to punch me in the face, tell him to get in line. Go curses! Go Cards!

ihatethecubs
10-21-2004, 04:46 AM
If everyone here at WSI has been saying that Red Sox fans really hate this "curse" crap, then your statement is correct. But, I don't think that's the popular sentiment around here. You see, the media fuel this crap and they find the biggest idiot in the crowd to give thier opinion and then everybody labels Red Sox fans as idiots and as a reason why I as a White Sox fan should hate them. Sorry, I don't buy it. You want to talk about idiot fans, look no further than the north side. But, to throw the Boston fans in with the scrub fans because the media keep bringing up something the Boston faithful despise is just wrong. Say something to a Red Sox fan about a curse or being lovable losers and you might get punched. Trust me, they are nothing like scrub fans. They really care about winning. And as far as them being cry-babies or whiners, what the hell do you think we're doing everyday on here. Please people, lighten up on the Red Sox.
sorry i totally disagree, the cubs and red sox have some smart good fans, but the majority of their fanbase are complete idiots. i also hate fanbases with lots of fans that arent from the city the team represents. when the red sox come to town, they have thousands of fans here. am i supposed to believe they all traveled here from boston or are transplanted bostonians? maybe its dumb, but in my mind you have an allegiance to a team because they represent where you live. the only exceptions to that are you moved away or you have some sort of relation to someone who is a fan of a team for that same reason. you don't just say "hey i like the yankees because they always win! im a yankees fan!" or "i like the cubs stadium so they are my team" or "the red sox have cool uniforms so go red sox! im their #1 fan!"
i have no problem with the red sox themselves, i hope they do well, but im just saying they have a serious ammount of idiots supporting them who believe in curses and think baseball is cute.

C-Dawg
10-21-2004, 05:51 AM
am i supposed to believe they all traveled here from boston or are transplanted bostonians?

That's what I thought was strange when they were here in August - the Red Sox fans almost outnumbered the White Sox fans at the Cell (or so it seemed). I know we were outnumbered on the way home on the Red Line train.

I checked my old ticket stubs... I haven't seen the Red Sox here in Chicago since 1996. I don't remember all their fans being here. Either I've just forgotten about them, or they're doing a lot more travelling these days, or they're on a bandwagon. Its gotta be one of those possibilities.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm happy they beat the Yankees! I'm still pulling for a Boston - St. Louis series.

SSN721
10-21-2004, 05:56 AM

I will not agree with you only from my own personal experience. I havent met every Red Sox fan, that is true, but I have met quite a few. Been to Boston, met some there, and at games when Boston visits Comiskey. They are a very close second in the annoying factor to Cubs fans when at a game. I enjoyed the crowd around me more at the Cubs/Sox Game then I did the White Sox/Red Sox games I went to and I had more Cubs fan right by me. I find most Red Sox fans I met to be obnoxious, pompous, feeling of vast superiority and sense of importance over their palehose cousins. I dont like them from a fan point of view, some are intelligent, I would say definitely more then CUb fans, but their morose view and air of superiority over any team except the Yankees (which will change now) I find as irritating as any brainless bragging of a Cubs fan. ANd you could have digitally changed the hats to a red and blue cap with a C when they showed all those shots of Fenway and told me it was Wrigley Field and you would have fooled me.

Justafan
10-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I will not agree with you only from my own personal experience. I havent met every Red Sox fan, that is true, but I have met quite a few. Been to Boston, met some there, and at games when Boston visits Comiskey. They are a very close second in the annoying factor to Cubs fans when at a game. I enjoyed the crowd around me more at the Cubs/Sox Game then I did the White Sox/Red Sox games I went to and I had more Cubs fan right by me. I find most Red Sox fans I met to be obnoxious, pompous, feeling of vast superiority and sense of importance over their palehose cousins. I dont like them from a fan point of view, some are intelligent, I would say definitely more then CUb fans, but their morose view and air of superiority over any team except the Yankees (which will change now) I find as irritating as any brainless bragging of a Cubs fan. ANd you could have digitally changed the hats to a red and blue cap with a C when they showed all those shots of Fenway and told me it was Wrigley Field and you would have fooled me.
Spot on post. From the bars, to the bragging, Red Sox fans and Cubs fans are the same people, they just wear different colors.

Justafan
10-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I can't believe the media would go to a bar to cover the reaction of RED SOX fans here in Chicago. Then they mix in the Cubs/Red Sox fans comparisons for good measure.

THIS IS CHICAGO, NOT BOSTON! Could you imagine the Boston media traveling to bars to get the reaction of fans at bars if the roles were reversed? What a joke! Then they interviewed all the Cubs fans saying that they were pulling hard for the Red Sox and they were all getting tanked together.

Cubs fans and Red Sox fans are the same, end of story!

Justafan
10-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Mia Hamm:"How did I know you guys(media) were only going to talk about the Cubs here?" This was Hamm's respone to the media asking if Nomar wanted to come back.

doublem23
10-21-2004, 10:36 AM
I will not agree with you only from my own personal experience. I havent met every Red Sox fan, that is true, but I have met quite a few. Been to Boston, met some there, and at games when Boston visits Comiskey. They are a very close second in the annoying factor to Cubs fans when at a game. I enjoyed the crowd around me more at the Cubs/Sox Game then I did the White Sox/Red Sox games I went to and I had more Cubs fan right by me. I find most Red Sox fans I met to be obnoxious, pompous, feeling of vast superiority and sense of importance over their palehose cousins. I dont like them from a fan point of view, some are intelligent, I would say definitely more then CUb fans, but their morose view and air of superiority over any team except the Yankees (which will change now) I find as irritating as any brainless bragging of a Cubs fan. ANd you could have digitally changed the hats to a red and blue cap with a C when they showed all those shots of Fenway and told me it was Wrigley Field and you would have fooled me.Excellent post. While I am glad the Yankees lose, I can hardly say I'm dancing about the Cubs East winning. So far, here on campus, it is exactly like last year except replace Cubbie C's with Red Sox B's. Unless 75% of the campus had a change of hear this off-season, the Boston bandwagon is plenty full.

Go Astros! Go Cardinals! **** you, Boston.

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Fox News this morning was going to do a segment on Cubs fans reaction to the Boston victory. I didn't bother to watch, but I can only imagine the responses. Sorry Cubs fans, but a victory for the Red Sox does nothing to help the Cubs, even if you are foolish enough to believe in curses. That is, unless all of those Red Sox free agents decide to sign with the Cubs next year.

Hangar18
10-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Fox News this morning was going to do a segment on Cubs fans reaction to the Boston victory. I didn't bother to watch, but I can only imagine the responses. Sorry Cubs fans, but a victory for the Red Sox does nothing to help the Cubs, even if you are foolish enough to believe in curses. That is, unless all of those Red Sox free agents decide to sign with the Cubs next year.
Every time I thnk the Chicago Media could not do something More Stupid .....
The Chicago Media is still Reeling from their beloved cubs not making it to the
world series (despite Carol Sleazaks guarantee) so now theyre going to PRETEND (just like those moronic fans I met last nite)

The Chicago Media. Lazy. Stupid. Yellow.

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Every time I thnk the Chicago Media could not do something More Stupid .....
The Chicago Media is still Reeling from their beloved cubs not making it to the
world series (despite Carol Sleazaks guarantee) so now theyre going to PRETEND (just like those moronic fans I met last nite)

The Chicago Media. Lazy. Stupid. Yellow.
Hangar,
I'm with you on the lame sports media. What I find even lamer are the people (Cubs fans) who somehow buy into the crap that they are reporting. I'll say it again, a Red Sox victory does NOTHING to help the Cubs. I'd rather see a story on Cubs fans' reaction either a Cards or Astros victory after tonight. At least that is more relevant to the Cubs and their stupid fans and is once again a reminder on how their team, who the media practically presented with a World Series trophy before Spring Training even began, failed.

Soxaholic
10-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Fox News is also the station that had an "unbiased" survey that said White Sox fans would rather have the Sox beat the Cubs in the Crosstown Series than bring home a World Series Title. The Red Sox/ Cub fan clip just gives further proof that they have had too much Cubbie Kool-aid.

kittle545feet
10-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Everything that everyone has mentioned is a direct result of the medias representation of the Boston fans and a result of what is shown on TV. Just like we don't like the way the media portrays our beloved White Sox, they don't like the way they are portrayed in the media either. We can't only have it our way guys. If we can get upset at the way the media portrays us, then so can they. I have talked to many Boston fans and spent a lot of time in the area and trust me, they do not want to be known as losers and lumped in with a group of people who celebrate the fact they are losers like the scrub fans. They have zero respect for the scrubs. What idiots there are, and don't get me wrong there are a few, are probably college kids who have assumed the Red Sox as their team since they go to school there. And as far as what you see from the local media, don't blame the Boston fans for that. Our media sucks the big one and we all know that. Should we really have expected anything different?:cheers:

SSN721
10-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Everything that everyone has mentioned is a direct result of the medias representation of the Boston fans and a result of what is shown on TV. Just like we don't like the way the media portrays our beloved White Sox, they don't like the way they are portrayed in the media either. We can't only have it our way guys. If we can get upset at the way the media portrays us, then so can they. I have talked to many Boston fans and spent a lot of time in the area and trust me, they do not want to be known as losers and lumped in with a group of people who celebrate the fact they are losers like the scrub fans. They have zero respect for the scrubs. What idiots there are, and don't get me wrong there are a few, are probably college kids who have assumed the Red Sox as their team since they go to school there. And as far as what you see from the local media, don't blame the Boston fans for that. Our media sucks the big one and we all know that. Should we really have expected anything different?:cheers:

Like I said before, my opinion is formulated on the opinion, I have been to Boston, and met more then a few of the fans who traveled here from Boston to watch them play the White Sox. And from the ones I met, I would say they know their baseball stuff, but their attitudes still reminded me more of Cub fans then Sox fans. They have a pompousness to them. Granted they have earned some bragging rights now, but not so much when I visited Boston or when they visited earlier this year and last year. I guess we just keep running into different groups of Red Sox fans. Go Cards

kittle545feet
10-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Like I said before, my opinion is formulated on the opinion, I have been to Boston, and met more then a few of the fans who traveled here from Boston to watch them play the White Sox. And from the ones I met, I would say they know their baseball stuff, but their attitudes still reminded me more of Cub fans then Sox fans. They have a pompousness to them. Granted they have earned some bragging rights now, but not so much when I visited Boston or when they visited earlier this year and last year. I guess we just keep running into different groups of Red Sox fans. Go CardsI think your exactly right about their pompousness. They do have that little thing where they expect all the respect in the world because they are Red Sox fans. That does get annoying but we are all proud of our teams every now and then. Perhaps some more than others.

Soxzilla
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
They don't deserve any respect. They haven't brought home a title since 1918, the year after our last one.

The years in between don't mean SQUAT if you don't bring home a ring. There are no ALMOSTS in baseball.

SSN721
10-23-2004, 12:43 PM
I think your exactly right about their pompousness. They do have that little thing where they expect all the respect in the world because they are Red Sox fans. That does get annoying but we are all proud of our teams every now and then. Perhaps some more than others.

True, I cant really argue with pride for your team of choice. I just think that Red Sox fans get a little obnoxious about it. I guess the national coverage and love story with the team makes it look worse in my eyes. But a lot of fans there back up my stereotypes.

kittle545feet
10-23-2004, 04:17 PM
They don't deserve any respect. They haven't brought home a title since 1918, the year after our last one.

The years in between don't mean SQUAT if you don't bring home a ring. There are no ALMOSTS in baseball. I really hope I never read a comment on here where you are you complaining that the White Sox get no respect from anybody. Because with the above statement, the White Sox deserve no respect and if that is your point, then I disagree. We may have not won it all since 1917, but we deserve some respect especially from the local media when the team on the north side has done crap since 1945 when they went to the series. If the cubs can royally suck and get respect, then we should get some respect because we have played far better ball. Plus, there have been some great Sox teams over the years that I am extremely proud of.:tongue:

Soxzilla
10-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I really hope I never read a comment on here where you are you complaining that the White Sox get no respect from anybody. Because with the above statement, the White Sox deserve no respect and if that is your point, then I disagree. We may have not won it all since 1917, but we deserve some respect especially from the local media when the team on the north side has done crap since 1945 when they went to the series. If the cubs can royally suck and get respect, then we should get some respect because we have played far better ball. Plus, there have been some great Sox teams over the years that I am extremely proud of.:tongue:
I was thinking more along the lines of world series respect. Hell, ESPN and the media are basically handing them the trophies, like this is some great achievement. If anyone gets a trophy, it should be Theo, for putting together such an amazing team (Sure, he had the payroll, but you also have to find the talent ... look at Cashman, he wasted 200 million on a team of nursing home candidates).

Anyways, I think THIS White Sox team doesn't deserve much respect either, they are in a division where payroll for every team doesn't exceed 65 million, and yet they still can't win. Hell, they can't even make it interesting, Minnesota has beat the **** out of us 3 straight years and by rather large margins.

Now, I'm still young, so I don't know much about the teams in 80's (As I was born in '85), so I really don't much about the teams that actually brought us a world series appearance.

All I can remember are the mid 90's teams that were stacked and poised to win the WS ... but are favorite owner sure shut the door on that.

Not sure how I'm supposded to respect that. I think it is a friggin crime that Frank doesn't have a ring yet. For shame to this organization.

robertks61
10-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Michelle Leigh, the only good thing about Fox News!