PDA

View Full Version : Wow !

SOXPHILE
10-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Everybody here seems to be split on who they want in the Series-Astros/Cardinals, vs Yankees/Red Sox, but I think most of us would agree that these League Championship Series are some of the most exiting we've seen in at least the last few years. Of course I'm biased, hoping the Cardinals win it all, but that Jim Edmonds walk off homer today in game 6 was one of the most thrilling I've seen in the post season in quite a while. (And yes, the Jeff Kent walk off a couple of nights ago was electrifying too.:rolleyes: ) But who ever wins that series is to be congratulated. And in the ALCS, barring any implosion by the Red Sox, we are about to witness history. As I type this, they lead the Yanks 9-3 in the top of the 9th. If/when they win the game, as we all know, they would be the fist team in baseball ever to come back from a 0-3 defecit. Plus, the fact that a certain team that was annointed to be World Series champs by the local and national media, as well as JD Crew, backwards hat wearing drunk frat boys, before the season even began, didn't even make the playoffs. Heh heh heh heh heh.... Overall, this has been a pretty enjoyable post season so far.

ode to veeck
10-20-2004, 10:50 PM
enjoyable,!? other than the annual absence of the white sox, I guess so

SOXPHILE
10-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Well, yeah of course. That goes without saying. I just didn't want to bring up a sore subject that's been beaten to death, and put a damper on my own mood.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-20-2004, 11:07 PM
you're right, it's never enjoyable watching a team celebrate in the playoffs when it's not the WHITE SOX. i only felt enjoyed last year when the marlins won it all because they beat the cubs in the NLCS. as a baseball fan, i can appreciate the good games played, I just HATE seeing other teams celebrate.

batmanZoSo
10-20-2004, 11:23 PM
you're right, it's never enjoyable watching a team celebrate in the playoffs when it's not the WHITE SOX. i only felt enjoyed last year when the marlins won it all because they beat the cubs in the NLCS. as a baseball fan, i can appreciate the good games played, I just HATE seeing other teams celebrate.

I get pretty attached to playoff teams that I pick to win. Last year I was gunning for the Marlins almost as if they were the Sox, just out of sheer gratitude. :very happy: I enjoyed this one thoroughly. Of course if the Sox won it all, I'd be in tears and go on a partying bender for about a week, but it is fun even if the Sox aren't in it.

DSpivack
10-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Forget even the teams playing.... was there a year with two more exciting LCS?

That said, the Cards are my 2nd fave team and am gunning for them to win tomorrow....
Cardinals-Red Sox, just sounds right.

Red Sox-Astros sounds like some bad Jeff Bagwell joke.

SomebodyToldMe
10-21-2004, 12:10 AM
No doubt about it. These were some of the best baseball games that have been played in the LCS.

The Series better not be crap.

DSpivack
10-21-2004, 12:18 AM
No doubt about it. These were some of the best baseball games that have been played in the LCS.

The Series better not be crap.
Does it really matter? Even if some Hou/StL/Boston sweeps, it'll still be remembered for two great LCS.

SomebodyToldMe
10-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Does it really matter? Even if some Hou/StL/Boston sweeps, it'll still be remembered for two great LCS.
True. But it'll be a bit sad if the Big Show was upstaged.

I dunno. That's just me.

bartmanisgod
10-21-2004, 01:11 AM
True. But it'll be a bit sad if the Big Show was upstaged.

I dunno. That's just me.

Yea but I think it will be a grudge match! It will come down to the bitter end... especially since all these teams are on their last leg. The pitchers have got to be just suffering out there! My arm hurts just from watching them go night in and night out.

SSN721
10-21-2004, 05:59 AM
This has been one of the best postseasons I can remember in my life time. Even last year I wasnt compelled to want to watch every game. Both LCSs have been fantastic.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Now that "The Evil Empire" is gone,maybe the White Sox
have a chance to win it all in 2005. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or pigs could fly out my rectum.:D: :D: :D:

daveeym
10-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I really believe the rainout in the ALCS and the injuries/illnesses affecting the pitching staffs has really raised the excitement level. Instead of all the off days you usually get these series have really seemed grueling and that much more competitive. Every game has seemed do or die with relievers pitching on fumes and starters hobbling around and rotations being reshuffled.