View Full Version : Say it With Me...

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 08:16 PM
YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!

doublem23
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Boston's still got 8 innings to blow this thing. Keep the faith.

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Boston's still got 8 innings to blow this thing. Keep the faith.
I know, but New York has to feel badly with how they've allowed Boston to hang around. When you have an opponent by the throat, you go for the jugular. The Yankees have forgotten where that particular vein is in this series.

balke
10-20-2004, 08:23 PM
I'll get back to you in like 6 innings.

jeter
a-rod
sheffield
matsui
posada

and already a ALCS game in the books with 18 runs scored.

samram
10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I know, but New York has to feel badly with how they've allowed Boston to hang around. When you have an opponent by the throat, you go for the jugular. The Yankees have forgotten where that particular vein is in this series.
It's also easier to put someone away when you have Roger Clemens, Andy Pettite, and David Wells instead of bad Kevin Brown and Jon Leiber. But you're right, they have had no killer instinct in this series, and they have had chances to win all of the last three games, but just haven't got any big hits.

DaveIsHere
10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!

Took the words out of my mouth, and I am sick of hearing the Sickely sound of the Yankess PA annoucer, sounds like he is on his death bed.......kinda like the Yanks....haha

munchman33
10-20-2004, 08:44 PM
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!

What, not that world class organziation!

Seriously with the way some sox fans talk about the Yankees around here its as if they don't realize what a huge rival they have always been.

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 08:49 PM
What, not that world class organziation!

Seriously with the way some sox fans talk about the Yankees around here its as if they don't realize what a huge rival they have always been.
I agree. The White Sox-Yankees rivalry has been forgotten by many people. I can remember back in the early nineties when these two teams used to have some extremely competitive games. The Yankees of that time period were led by Don Mattingly, Roberto Kelly, and Danny Tartabull. The Sox, of course, had Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, and Jack McDowell around. Ventura, in particular, was a Yankees-killer. In 1992, five of his sixteen home runs came against the Bronx Bombers.

samram
10-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I agree. The White Sox-Yankees rivalry has been forgotten by many people. I can remember back in the early nineties when these two teams used to have some extremely competitive games. The Yankees of that time period were led by Don Mattingly, Roberto Kelly, and Danny Tartabull. The Sox, of course, had Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, and Jack McDowell around. Ventura, in particular, was a Yankees-killer. In 1992, five of his sixteen home runs came against the Bronx Bombers.
Don't forget Steve Sax, Matt Nokes, Pat Kelly, Kevin Maas, and Bam-Bam Hensley Meulens. I look forward to the day when the Yankees suck again.

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Don't forget Steve Sax, Matt Nokes, Pat Kelly, Kevin Maas, and Bam-Bam Hensley Meulens. I look forward to the day when the Yankees suck again.
I try not to think about the players you just listed. Those guys defined mediocrety. Sax had some good years with the Dodgers, but by the time the Yanks got him, he was on the decline. Maas was a one-year wonder, and Nokes was a poor-man's Rob Deer. Pat Kelly and Hensley Meulens were busts.

samram
10-20-2004, 09:00 PM
I try not to think about the players you just listed. Those guys defined mediocrety. Sax had some good years with the Dodgers, but by the time the Yanks got him, he was on the decline. Maas was a one-year wonder, and Nokes was a poor-man's Rob Deer. Pat Kelly and Hensley Meulens were busts.
Well, let's call Matt Nokes a poor-man's Mickey Tettleton just to keep the positions straight.:D: And don't forget Sax's teriffic tenure with the Sox.

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, let's call Matt Nokes a poor-man's Mickey Tettleton just to keep the positions straight.:D: And don't forget Sax's teriffic tenure with the Sox.
Agreed on the Nokes idea. As for Sax, it was obvious from day one that he wasn't the right fit for the Sox. They needed someone who could provide speed at the top of their lineup. He not only didn't provide speed, but he also couldn't even manage a decent batting average.

voodoochile
10-20-2004, 09:08 PM
I don't like the Red Sox OR the Yankees. I root for the Yankees in this series for the following reasons:

1) Because I don't like curses nor believe in them.

2) Because by doing whatever it takes to win, Steinbrennar hastens the day when true revenue sharing takes place and/or all these cheap ass wannabe owners sell to guys who want to win no matter what.

3) Because rooting for the second highest payroll in MLB isn't THAT much better than rooting for the highest payroll in MLB. People seem to forget that fact. Also, the Yankees have a LOT more home grown talent than this collection of FA stars the BoSox have on the field. Exactly how many of the Red Sox starters came up with the organization anyway?

SomebodyToldMe
10-20-2004, 09:14 PM
It's crazy. But during this postseason...I have become a bit of a Yank fan.

I rooted for them against the twins. And I've been rooting for them against the bosox. And I must say, I kinda like rooting for them.

"I Believe" that they can come back and win this game. At least I hope so.