PDA

View Full Version : Derek Lowe = Esteban Loiaza

Tekijawa
10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
And I don't want him!

20 Game winner 2 years ago and we're ready to erect a statue to the guy? His numbers while starting are compairable to Jon Garland... He's not what we are looking for especially at the age of 31.

Iwritecode
10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
There's already an entire thread about this in the clubhouse...

Baby Fisk
10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
And I don't want him!

20 Game winner 2 years ago and we're ready to erect a statue to the guy? His numbers while starting are compairable to Jon Garland... He's not what we are looking for especially at the age of 31.Not so fast, Jawa. If Lowe wins tonight, watch how many more hysterical threads pop up here demanding that he be signed! And if all those threads were stacked on top of each other, it would be taller than you! :cool:

I'm in the Let's Get Lowe camp, mostly because I'm not in the Let's Get Pedro/Beltran/Clemens/Nolan Ryan-for-free Camp.

Chrisaway
10-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Meh he'd be better than Scott Shoenwies.

nitetrain8601
10-20-2004, 04:05 PM
And he won 17 games the year after. He's probably the most dominate groundball pitcher which would be great at the cell. Especially if you could get a nice defensive SS. Too bad you guys don't get the big picture though.

Tekijawa
10-20-2004, 04:16 PM
And he won 17 games the year after. He's probably the most dominate groundball pitcher which would be great at the cell. Especially if you could get a nice defensive SS. Too bad you guys don't get the big picture though.
I don't know, it's probably the 4.5+ ERA and 1.5 WHIP when starting that scares me... not to mention that oponents hit almost 300 against him last year... I don't know what Picture your looking at but It's not big enough!

kittle42
10-21-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't know, it's probably the 4.5+ ERA and 1.5 WHIP when starting that scares me... not to mention that oponents hit almost 300 against him last year... I don't know what Picture your looking at but It's not big enough!
But he won last night.

Baby Fisk
10-21-2004, 10:22 AM
OMYGOD! OMYGOD! OMYGOD!

We have to SIGN LOWE NOW!

JB98
10-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Personally, I think Carl Pavano = Esteban Loaiza.

Pavano was a number four or five starter his whole career until this year. This season, he had a big year and was in Cy Young contention until a September fade. That sounds remarkably similar to an erstwhile former Sox right-hander who now toils for the Yankees.

santo=dorf
10-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Who is Esteban Loiza, Loiaza, Louiza, or Loazia. :?: (Yes, I have seen his name spelled that way at least once on the White Sox message boards.)