PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCarver

akingamongstmen
10-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I mentioned in another thread that McCarver is a complete moron. It's actually painful to hear him attempt to analyze any situation that comes up. I just keep hoping that Al Leiter will smash him over the head with a steel chair as Joe Buck screams, "My God! NO! AL...DON'T DO IT!!!" Of course, if that actually happened, I would be first in line to pick up my very own Al Leiter jersey.

FightingBillini
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Al Leiter is a pimp

ja1022
10-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Al Leiter is a pimpI think Leiter does a good job. McCarver seems like an unbiased Ron Santo with more "polish". He seems to add nothing and constantly overstates the obvious, such as "major league hitters tend to key in on pitches in the strike zone..." Well no **** Tim, that's why they're major league hitters. The alternative is to turn down the volume and listen to the call on the radio.

ChiSoxKid
10-20-2004, 12:14 PM
McCarver amuses me with gripping commentary like: "An outfielder's glove is bigger than an infielder's glove." I don't get upset, but it is humorous. If it's really annoying I'll go watch in a crowded bar where I do not have to hear anything from the announcers. :gulp:

Baby Fisk
10-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Last night's commentary was just gawd-awful. Leiter seemed to disappear for entire innings it seemed. I guess he just can't take it anymore. Did anyone else hear what McCarver said when Foulke gave up the lead-off walk in the 9th? He said:

"That lead off walk is just like a home run. You might as well think of that as a home run for the Yankees."

***?! :?: McCarver has lost his ****ing mind!

FoulkeFan
10-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I loved that one too Baby Fisk! Yeah, a leadoff walk is bad but it's not a home run.

DirtySouthsider
10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Last night's commentary was just gawd-awful. Leiter seemed to disappear for entire innings it seemed. I guess he just can't take it anymore. Did anyone else hear what McCarver said when Foulke gave up the lead-off walk in the 9th? He said:

"That lead off walk is just like a home run. You might as well think of that as a home run for the Yankees."

Yes I heard that too and I was going nuts!! I guess it is just not possible that the Yankees would EVER hit into a double play. AGHHHHH!!!!

fusillirob1983
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I heard that too, and my friends and I were dying laughing. I still think his best one in the series, and he said it in both games 4 and 5, that "baseball is a game of inch."

I also wondered what happened to Al Leiter. The next thing I heard from him after a while was him giving some random stat, so he probably found a computer to look stuff up on while the other two said goofy stuff. I feel sorry for the guy - plays for the Mets and gets stuck with McCarver and Joe Buck in the playoffs.

RichFitztightly
10-20-2004, 02:03 PM
I mentioned in another thread that McCarver is a complete moron. It's actually painful to hear him attempt to analyze any situation that comes up. I just keep hoping that Al Leiter will smash him over the head with a steel chair as Joe Buck screams, "My God! NO! AL...DON'T DO IT!!!" Of course, if that actually happened, I would be first in line to pick up my very own Al Leiter jersey.
OH MY GODDDDD!!! LOOK AT THE CARRRNAAAAGE!!! ARRRGHLEGH

Railsplitter
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I never realized how dull McCarver is until he was no longer working with Al Micheals. Niether Buck, Jack or Joe, brought out anything useful or insightful from him.

Fenway
10-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Maybe the dumbest thing he ever said

Unregistered
10-25-2004, 03:30 PM
The McCarver hall of shame?

http://www.shutuptimmccarver.com/

"It's better to have a fast runner on base than a slow one." :?: