PDA

View Full Version : FOX News just CANT help themselves

Hangar18
10-20-2004, 08:30 AM
After watching another excellent ballgame last nite, I stayed up a little longer
to watch the News. Mike Suppelsa, the anchor previewed the Top stories
coming up on FOX, Including the big teachers strike, the impending SunTimes strike, and ......................... A website Cub Fans can go and commisserate
with other foolish fans like themselves.
That nonsense piece was IDENTICAL to the Propoganda they ran last year this time, when the Flubbies were ELIMINATED. Of all the slow news nites to
run filler material, the Chicago Media proves again they continue to scramble
and look for stories to cover in Chicago. Its quite obvious the Chicago Media
doesnt appreciate the fact the popularity of a WSI and SOX fans gathering and discussing on a regular basis. Ok steff, your turn

Viva Magglio
10-20-2004, 08:50 AM
After watching another excellent ballgame last nite, I stayed up a little longer
to watch the News. Mike Suppelsa, the anchor previewed the Top stories
coming up on FOX, Including the big teachers strike, the impending SunTimes strike, and ......................... A website Cub Fans can go and commisserate
with other foolish fans like themselves.
That nonsense piece was IDENTICAL to the Propoganda they ran last year this time, when the Flubbies were ELIMINATED. Of all the slow news nites to
run filler material, the Chicago Media proves again they continue to scramble
and look for stories to cover in Chicago. Its quite obvious the Chicago Media
doesnt appreciate the fact the popularity of a WSI and SOX fans gathering and discussing on a regular basis. Ok steff, your turn
Faux News bias...what a surprise!

Hangar18
10-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Faux News bias........
FAUX News ....... heh heh, very clever!

Justafan
10-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Hangar, what site?

Hangar18
10-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Hangar, what site?
This was from Fox News, after the Yanks/Bosox game

Justafan
10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Hangar, I was watching NBC news here in Chicago last night during a commerical of ALCS and they interviewed Mia Hamm and asked her about Nomar coming back to the Cubs. Can you believe this? She has NOTHING to do with the Cubs, but they had a reporter ask her if Nomar liked it here. She said they love Chicago and it would be awesome(or something like that) if he ends up re-signing with the Cubs.

Hangar18
10-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Hangar, I was watching NBC news here in Chicago last night during a commerical of ALCS and they interviewed Mia Hamm and asked her about Nomar coming back to the Cubs. Can you believe this? She has NOTHING to do with the Cubs, but they had a reporter ask her if Nomar liked it here. She said they love Chicago and it would be awesome(or something like that) if he ends up re-signing with the Cubs.
wait a second ........ Mia Hamm on the news? was it a Soccer interview or a Us Womens SOccer interview, and they slipped that in there? thats REPULSIVE.
The Chicago Media definitely has a Camelot Hangover right now .......

Tekijawa
10-20-2004, 09:56 AM
I agree with her... I left her an extra $20 spot on the dresser this morning for saying it. I hope the Cubs Sign him to a HUGE long term contract, I wonder who they'll sign to play Shortstop the other 92 games each year?

Justafan
10-20-2004, 09:58 AM
wait a second ........ Mia Hamm on the news? was it a Soccer interview or a Us Womens SOccer interview, and they slipped that in there? thats REPULSIVE.
The Chicago Media definitely has a Camelot Hangover right now .......
She was in town for some soccer thing and the media made it a point to ask her about Nomar. I can't say I was stunned, but give me a break already.

jackbrohamer
10-20-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm totally OK with the media talking about the Scrubs & not the White Sox for any story where the topic is "losers" "losing" "curses" "world series droughts" etc. It's bad enough the Sox haven't won it since 1917, we don't need the media becoming obsessed with it.

Hangar18
10-20-2004, 10:22 AM
This goes out to all the different Media Types who "Lurk" here and some
are even signed up here. I wrote for my school paper, in High School
and in College, and sure it might not be the same as writing for a "big" time
newspaper, the CONCEPT IS STILL THE SAME. REPORT THE DAMN NEWS,
not "Make" news, or "Create" news. Guys like a Mike Kiley, who blurs the line between Fan/GM/BeatReporter/Columnist are making a mockery of the Journalist Field. Stations like FOX and NBC, with their Giddy Cubbiness bleeding thru into the type of stories you guys want to "report" is repulsive.
Radio guys like Mike Murphy, who push and prod listeners into what he wants to hear, Completely Ignoring the other team and its news, is a Journalistic
Crime. I dont know much about a Carol Sleazak, but her FLUFF articles
are some of the WORST ive ever seen. Mariotti? He couldve made a career out of ripping whats going on with the White Sox, but instead, he
chooses to rip on the fans, the stadium, then write Fluffy RahRah Cub articles instead. The best articles he ever wrote, were during the STRIKE, when he lashed out with a vengeance at the arrogant owners (I saved these articles)
I actually got in "Trouble" over an article I wrote in College. In a nutshell....
guess WHY? DePaul lost a crucial game down the stretch to Marquette
and I was RIPPED by the Athletic Dept because the article wasnt "rahrah"
enough. I simply REPORTED THE NEWS. Ive said it once, I'll say
it 1000 times (sorry steff) the CHICAGO MEDIA is AWFUL

kittle545feet
10-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Faux News bias...what a surprise! I think Hangar was referring to the local Fox affiliate and Viva wants to make the connection to the Fox News Channel and its so called conservative bias. It makes sense though after I see who Viva supports politically. Grasping for straws...eh?:bandance:

Lip Man 1
10-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Hangar:

I suggest you contact Channel 32 in Chicago and give them the web site address to WSI. Call them... don't e-mail and then post their response. When you speak to the operator at 32 tell them you'd like to speak with that anchor and that you have a 'news story' for them. That should get you through.

Lip