PDA

View Full Version : How will Boston choke?

FightingBillini
10-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Do you guys think the Red Sox will choke tomorrow night? As much as I would love to see them crush the Yankees, you just have that feeling they will blow it. How do you guys think it will happen?

I am predicting the Red Sox will be up by 3 in the bottom of the ninth. The Yankees will load the bases with two outs. Cairo will hit a ball to the warning track. Manny Ramirez will miss the ball. It will bounce off his head for a pennant winning grand slam, ala Jose Canseco.

FarWestChicago
10-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Do you guys think the Red Sox will choke tomorrow night? As much as I would love to see them crush the Yankees, you just have that feeling they will blow it. How do you guys think it will happen?:keith

Don't look at me!

pinwheels3530
10-20-2004, 03:55 AM
They won't!!

MUsoxfan
10-20-2004, 04:12 AM
There's no way they'll choke. They're making history here. Boston and Houston have more heart than I've ever seen in baseball. They'll make a hell of a World Series

samram
10-20-2004, 08:24 AM
:keith

Don't look at me!

Well, if he's lucky enough to face Tony Clark again with runners on, he'll be fine. However, if he faces someone who is in any way competent, he'll be the one to blow it.

JRIG
10-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Well, if he's lucky enough to face Tony Clark again with runners on, he'll be fine. However, if he faces someone who is in any way competent, he'll be the one to blow it.
He seemed to be OK when he faced everyone in the Yanks lineup pitching 2 2/3 innings in Game 5 of the series. And he hasn't given up a run yet in 6 appearances covering 8 innings in the playoffs.

JoseCanseco6969
10-20-2004, 09:18 AM
:keith

Don't look at me!
he is my prediction, i thought he was gonna in the 9th yesterday. 2 former white sox blowing games in a row.

mike squires
10-20-2004, 09:19 AM
He seemed to be OK when he faced everyone in the Yanks lineup pitching 2 2/3 innings in Game 5 of the series. And he hasn't given up a run yet in 6 appearances covering 8 innings in the playoffs.
Uh oh, those numbers mean only one thing...he's going to blow it.

My prediction is he won't even have a chance to blow it. New York will come out ready and beat them pretty handly. I'm rooting for Boston though.

michned
10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
There's no way they'll choke.
No, it's the Red Sox. They have to choke. Otherwise, the delicate nature of world order would be disrupted (the same reason that God made Bartman). I'm playing it safe. I think the choke will have something to do with former Sox/Cubs: Foulke, Embree, Bellhorn, and/or Mueller.

Ed

mike squires
10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
With a runner on second and third and Boston up one, Millar will trip over a policeman's baton that was left out after last nights game while fielding a pop up. The umpires gather around but this time are unable to make the correct call. Two runs score and the Yankees win.

Gosox1917
10-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Down by 3 the Yankees will uncover they're secret weapon and pinch-hit Jim Leyritz in the bottom of the 9th representing the winning run. He'll hit a ball deep to right field and a fan will reach over the fence and make the catch, disabling Trot Nixon from making the play, the umpire will rule homerun for fear of being pummeled by debris and the Yankees will win.:D:

Justafan
10-20-2004, 10:10 AM
The Yankees will win in a blowout tonight. There will be no drama. It will be the ultimate letdown for Red Sox fans who have seen their team make history, yet still will fall short.

That is the irony right there. They have done something that has never been done, yet still will be going on home. Very cruel.

jackbrohamer
10-20-2004, 11:07 AM
No matter what happens tonight, the Red Sox can't be considered to be chokers, it's already the biggest comeback in MLB playoff history.

batmanZoSo
10-20-2004, 01:14 PM
The Yankees will win in a blowout tonight. There will be no drama. It will be the ultimate letdown for Red Sox fans who have seen their team make history, yet still will fall short.

That is the irony right there. They have done something that has never been done, yet still will be going on home. Very cruel.

I don't see the Yankees being tight and nervous tonight. I can see them just turning it on (puke). I believe it will be a scoreless game for at least 5 innings as both pitchers will be so pumped up that the old "good pitching always beats good hitting" law takes over. I will not predict a Yankee win, but I can totally sense the above taking place.

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2004, 01:20 PM
As much as I'd like to see the Red Sox win this thing, I have to predict "choke" for them every time until they prove they can get it done.

TDog
10-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Olerud will tag Foulke for an extra-inning home run. It's not like he doesn't know how.

Baby Fisk
10-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't see the Yankees being tight and nervous tonight. I can see them just turning it on (puke). I believe it will be a scoreless game for at least 5 innings as both pitchers will be so pumped up that the old "good pitching always beats good hitting" law takes over. I will not predict a Yankee win, but I can totally sense the above taking place.
The Yankees will not lie down and die. They never die. They'll come roaring out of the dugout tonight guns ablaze. They will want to grab a big lead early, then keep adding to it. I hate the Yankees. I want Boston to win, but I dread this is what will happen tonight... :(:

Chrisaway
10-20-2004, 03:25 PM
I dont like either of these teams. I've been pulling for the Yankees but damn. Boston has really turned my head. I dont care who wins anymore. Where's Aaron Boone when ya need him? Whoever wins this game deserves to be in the world series.

Go Cardinals!!!

daveeym
10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
They're not the cubs so most of boston's major chokes (other than last year) come DURING the world series. I predict a boston win and Clemens wins 2 starts and saves game seven thanks to an unassisted triple play in the bottom of the 9th at fenway. (AL did win the ASG right?) Sox fans would start jumping off the monster and from the balconies in mass talking about the curse of clemens.

Fenway
10-20-2004, 03:43 PM
I think the baseball gods have decided Roger must return to Fenway Park one more time.....

I am listening to WFAN in NY right now and Yankees fans are in a complete panic

There will be NO choke in 2004

Do you guys think the Red Sox will choke tomorrow night? As much as I would love to see them crush the Yankees, you just have that feeling they will blow it. How do you guys think it will happen?

I am predicting the Red Sox will be up by 3 in the bottom of the ninth. The Yankees will load the bases with two outs. Cairo will hit a ball to the warning track. Manny Ramirez will miss the ball. It will bounce off his head for a pennant winning grand slam, ala Jose Canseco.

Iwritecode
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
There will be NO choke in 2004

Yes, there will. It just hasn't been decided which team will do it.

I'd say going up 3 games to none and then losing four in a row would be a pretty big choke job. Even the Cubs have never managed one that colossal.

Coming back from 3 games down to lose it in game 7 would be a fairly debatable choke job...

Baby Fisk
10-20-2004, 03:56 PM
I think the baseball gods have decided Roger must return to Fenway Park one more time.....

I am listening to WFAN in NY right now and Yankees fans are in a complete panic

There will be NO choke in 2004Hang in there fenway. Where should we expect to find you tomorrow morning: in hospital or in jail? :cool:

Fenway
10-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I just hope I don't get killed in the Bronx

Hang in there fenway. Where should we expect to find you tomorrow morning: in hospital or in jail? :cool:

bafiarocks03
10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Boston Is Going To The World Series!!!!:d:

doublem23
10-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Boston Is Going To The World Series!!!!:d:
They have to win the American League first. :rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
In order to prevent any riots from occurring in New York following the conclusion of tonight's game, a certain individual is now deploying troops to line the streets of the Big Apple.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

*Breathing*