PDA

View Full Version : Pitching in the ALCS

Hosey22
10-19-2004, 02:43 AM
I know it's been mentioned in another post about the few pitchers we've let go who've been successful this postseason, but does anyone find it interesting watching ex-white sox battle ex-white sox in the ALCS the last few games? I've of course been rooting for Boston like crazy, especially because i love Keith Foulke, but he and Embree have been great for Boston. And of course you have Gordon and Sturtze pitching for the yanks. Not to mention Loiaza giving some quality innings yesterday. I mean he got the loss but pitched well enough to keep the game going. Just thought it was interesting and is making for some fun watching. Here's hoping Boston can pull it out.

wdelaney72
10-19-2004, 08:32 AM
No love for Loiza, cause he absolutely sucked for us this year.

Tanyan Sturtz is probably another example of a pitcher we brought up way to soon. He was absolutely brutal when he pitched for us. I believe he struggled a bit in Tampa Bay, as well. I think this is his first year of pitching fairly consistently, but I don't know for sure.

Tom Gordon didn't want to be a setup guy for us, but it was OK for him to be a setup guy in NY. Piss on him.

We've missed Foulke more than any of these guys. It's hurt bad. Granted his last season with the Sox, he had some struggles. Maybe the change of scenery is what he needed. I heard some rumblings from Mac and Jurko that he was a tool in the clubhouse.
I don't cheer for teams just because they have former Sox players. If the Yankees had Frank, Magglio, Carlos, Rowand, Buehrle, and Foulke on their team, I'd still hope they lose.

kittle42
10-19-2004, 09:44 AM
No love for Loiza
Tanyan Sturtz
I've been ripped for doing this a lot lately but............

Do you think these guys know Jose Valentine?

MisterB
10-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Tanyan Sturtz is probably another example of a pitcher we brought up way to soon. He was absolutely brutal when he pitched for us. I believe he struggled a bit in Tampa Bay, as well. I think this is his first year of pitching fairly consistently, but I don't know for sure.
Sturtze wasn't a Sox product. They signed him as a minor league FA at age 27.

pinwheels3530
10-19-2004, 10:47 AM
A bullpen of Foulke, Marte, Shingo & Politte would look pretty good right now heading into next season....:(:.

CubKilla
10-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Granted his last season with the Sox, he had some struggles.Actually, his first half of his last season as a White Sox he "had some struggles." His 2nd-half ERA was under 1 for some time. Foulke wasn't traded because he had a bad half, but because he was going to be owed money.

I know..... that's a shock. :rolleyes: