PDA

View Full Version : It's our move, what'll we do with it?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-25-2001, 06:28 PM
Now that Oakland has made a big trade to improve their team & make a run at the wild Card, do you guys feel that the Sox should make a similar move to try to improve the team. If so what do you think we should do?

FarWestChicago
07-25-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Now that Oakland has made a big trade to improve their team & make a run at the wild Card, do you guys feel that the Sox should make a similar move to try to improve the team. If so what do you think we should do?

Let's trade Konerko and some pitching prospect to Oakland for the Lumbering Ox. They really need to move him rather than have him walk at the end of the season. :)

DuckSnort
07-25-2001, 06:41 PM
That's about the only way I'd trade Konerko, is for someone like Giambi, wouldn't be displeased with that one a'tol!

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 06:41 PM
There have been rumors flying around about a deal like this, Baldwin +AAApitcher to the dodgers for Paul LoDuca. Prolly won't happen, but I really like that LoDuca.

Daver
07-25-2001, 06:42 PM
Hey FWC,do you really think this team needs a 5th first baseman?

FarWestChicago
07-25-2001, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by daver

The Lumbering Ox is left handed. We need that. He also isn't the reigning MVP because he sucks. Besides, I said give up one of or 11 first basemen for him.

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 06:45 PM
Exactly.

Daver
07-25-2001, 06:46 PM
FWC 12 if you include Frank Thomas.

Jjav829
07-25-2001, 06:47 PM
Giambi doesn't really come close to our first basemen. He is one of, if not, the best first baseman out there. But, I don't think thr A's are trading him, and I don't see Reinsy wanting to pay him either. I would like to see us make a few small trades. The one guy I wanted was Neifi Perez but he's probably not going anywhere now. I would like to see another guy for the bullpen(Wendell, Cook, Izzy are all out there). Or else I would like to see a veteran starter.(Schmidt, maybe even Ponson even though he isn't a vet).