PDA

View Full Version : ELo blows it!!!

gobears1987
10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I thought he'd blow it and he did.

MRKARNO
10-18-2004, 10:01 PM
THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE YANKEES LOSE.

Actually I just want to see another game 7. I dont care who wins :D:

RKMeibalane
10-18-2004, 10:03 PM
David Ortiz is amazing.

SOXPHILE
10-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Good. I want the Cardinals to win it all, but either way, I'm going to be rooting for whichever NL teams gets to the Series. So, I want the ALCS to go for as many games as possible (Now, it's at least 6) so they don't have 4 days rest when the World Series does start on Saturday.

voodoochile
10-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Anyone else get a kick out of the Red Sox celebrating like they have played their last game in Boston this season?

Oh that's right... they have...:o:

Deadguy
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
:eloaiza:
"Where's the runs support?!"

RKMeibalane
10-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Anyone else get a kick out of the Red Sox celebrating like they have played their last game in Boston this season?

LOL! On a more serious note, I would be concerned if I were the Yankees. They had several chances to put Boston away, and they didn't do it. It will be interesting to see how Curt Schilling performs coming back from the ankle injury. Based on the reports I read, it seems like the special high-top they have him wearing has helped him, but throwing well in a bullpen session and actually pitching in a game are two different things.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-18-2004, 10:24 PM
when i first checked the score, it was 4-2 yanks. I thought "Yanks got it" And i was happy. As i was driving home, i was listening to the game on the radio. I heard "ORTIZ SMACKS IT THE WINNING RUN COMES IN" ,and i was sad. Acually im preety happy now that theres more baseball to be watched. I really hate the Red Sox. Im not pro-yankees or anything, but come on. Anybody but those butt-heads. I just CANT root for a team that is like the cubs in ever y freaking way. Oh by and by, Go Cardinals.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2004, 10:24 PM

At least they somehow made it a series, even though with a 3-0 deficit, it's always just about over. I don't think anyone has ever forced a game 7 in that situation. Schilling has got to be a caged bull right now. Show those stupid a## New Yorkers with their "who's your daddy" garbage. You da man, let's go. I don't care how stupid I end up looking because of my thread, beat them damn Yankees.

You know what would be perfect? The Red Sox pull of the unprecedented miracle and win the series, but aren't able to ride that momentum and lose to the Cardinals. Aw schucks. That's Red Sox baseball--getting humiliated on a national level. White Sox baseball is getting humiliated when no one's looking.

JGarlandrules20
10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
I thought he'd blow it and he did.Give him some props. Loaiza pitched his butt off for a team that treats him like crap and when there was no one left in the bullpen. He really came up big for them even though he ended up losing it. Honestly, who thought he would last that long?

jackbrohamer
10-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Loaiza pitched very well tonight, way better than I thought he would when the Yankees brought him in. Ortiz' at-bat at the end was a great piece of hitting.

Lip Man 1
10-18-2004, 11:03 PM
And it was a broken bat hit to boot.

Amazing how Ortiz is STILL killing the Sox. He did it with the Twins, with the Red Sox (remember that crucial September game in 2003 when his home runs tied the game and then won it?) and he beating former Sox pitchers.

Maybe the Yanks are pitching him the way the White Sox did? LOL

Lip

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Give him some props. Loaiza pitched his butt off for a team that treats him like crap and when there was no one left in the bullpen. He really came up big for them even though he ended up losing it. Honestly, who thought he would last that long?
Yep. He was pretty much the last option in the pen for the yankees and he gave the yankees enough opportunites to win the game, but the yankees lacked some clutch hitting with RISP in the extra innings.

Mohoney
10-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Give him some props. Loaiza pitched his butt off for a team that treats him like crap and when there was no one left in the bullpen. He really came up big for them even though he ended up losing it. Honestly, who thought he would last that long?
Yeah. Loaiza showed some serious guts out there.

There have been a few real gutty pitching performances in these playoffs.

Jose Lima's game 3 against the Cardinals was a pure gem, regardless of how you feel about the guy. Yankees-Twins Game 2 featured real gutsy relief efforts by Tanyon Sturtze and Joe Nathan. Roger Clemens stepping up and winning Game 3 against the Cardinals. Jon Lieber completely shutting Boston down in game 2. Mike Mussina retiring 19 in a row before the wheels fell off in Game 1.

These playoffs have been great so far. I have no complaints.

Mohoney
10-18-2004, 11:59 PM
I was hoping that he would pull it out. I would be happy for Loaiza if he got a ring this year.

fusillirob1983
10-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Loaiza didn't pitch a terrible game. Someone was bound to give up some runs, and he had good stuff for a while. Both bullpens are shot for tomorrow.

inta
10-19-2004, 01:03 AM
what?
that's absurd. esteban did a great job in my book, especially after being a waterboy for the yankees the past few months.
he can't score the runs for them. and he gave them plenty of chances.

SomebodyToldMe
10-19-2004, 01:19 AM
he can't score the runs for them.
Este? Is that you?!

California Sox
10-19-2004, 01:57 AM
I thought Loiaza pitched well. Is it possible the Sox might look at signing him to another cheap contract? After the way he imploded in NY, he's in our price range and because he's not on our team, we can offer him less than 80% of this year's salary.

MUsoxfan
10-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I thought Loiaza pitched well. Is it possible the Sox might look at signing him to another cheap contract? After the way he imploded in NY, he's in our price range and because he's not on our team, we can offer him less than 80% of this year's salary.
You must be out of your mind. This is the best outing he's had all year. Including his time with the Sox. One good outing and people are itching to re-sign him. No thanks. He can have his inflated price tag. He's a one-year wonder. Always will be. How awful does somebody have to pitch to be the last pitcher put in in a multiple extra inning game for the NYY. Thanks, but no thanks on the idea of bringing that thief back. That's what he is if he signs for me than $2mil/year. A thief.

hose
10-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Loiaza came in with runners on 1st and 3rd with one out and got a inning ending double play. Estaban kept NY in the game for 3 innings the Yankees batters left plenty of men stranded in scoring position .

Deadguy
10-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Is it possible the Sox might look at signing him to another cheap contract? After the way he imploded in NY, he's in our price range and because he's not on our team, we can offer him less than 80% of this year's salary.
The title of this thread should have the "it!!!!!!" part omitted.

SOXSINCE'70
10-19-2004, 07:17 AM

Actually I just want to see another game 7. I dont care who wins :D:Thank you for making fun of Yankmees "homer" John Sterling.
He's the moron who started the whole "Yankees win,Yankees win,
Theeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win" crap.He also has other stupid phrases.
Whenever Bernie Williams goes yard,it's "Bernie goes boom" or
"Bern baby bern" (a reference to the old disco classic "Disco
Inferno").When Matsui goes yard,it's a "Thriila from Godzilla".

Did this idiot go to the Ken Harrelson school of broadcasting?:D: :D:

Leiber's due for a bad game.Let's Hope tonight's the night.

Rocky Soprano
10-19-2004, 08:42 AM
I also agree Loaiza pitched VERY well. I was happy to see him do so good. He didnt blow the game, the offense did.

Baby Fisk
10-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Thank you for making fun of Yankmees "homer" John Sterling.
He's the moron who started the whole "Yankees win,Yankees win,
Theeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win" crap.Worst. Announcer. Ever.

I hate that guy. I don't get that "Theeeeeeeeee Yankees win" garbage. It sounds like a goat in cardiac arrest.

Anyway, props to E-Lo for a great outing. He must feel like crap sitting there in the pen, never called upon until the entire bullpen is emptied out.

Torre: "Jeez Mel, it's the 13th inning. Who's left in the pen?"
Mel: "Uh...that Loaiza guy we got from Chicago."
Torre: "Oh ****...let's stick with Quantrill."
Mel: "He just blew his knee out and can't stand on both legs."
Torre: "Let him toss a few and see how he feels."
Mel: "Seriously, Joe, let's go with Loaiza."
Torre: "****..."

You could even see Torre make a gesture when Loaiza arrived at the mound. He pointed with his thumb over to the Yankees dugout as if to say "Look man, we've got no one left to pitch unless Mel wants to pull his cleats on, so just pitch as long as you can without blowing it and ruining the season and destroying all our lives. No pressure. Good Luck!"

mike squires
10-19-2004, 08:57 AM

Actually I just want to see another game 7. I dont care who wins :D:
IT's funny, my wife always says series like these including basketball playoffs are fixed cause there are so many game 7's. Of course they are not but she's right, games seem to always go down to the wire. I guess that's what happens when you put the best teams against one another.

Justafan
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
:eloaiza:
"Where's the runs support?!"
:roflmao:

santo=dorf
10-19-2004, 11:29 AM
You must be out of your mind. This is the best outing he's had all year. Including his time with the Sox. What about his 2 hitter in Tampa? :?:

He was 4-0 with a 3.71 ERA in April.

markp8867
10-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Loaiza didn't blow it at all. In fact, he pitched pretty well. If the outfield was playing in with the runner on 2nd, then the game might still be going on now. The other former White Sox pitcher on the Yankees staff did blow it though. Flash Gordon had the lead and let it get away. Whoever wins this series will not win the World Series. Both teams have to be exhausted which will definitely work to the advantage of the NL Champion.

maurice
10-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Loaiza - 3.1 INN, 1 Hit, 1 ER
Gordon - 0.2 INN, 2 Hits, 2 ER
Rivera - Blown Save

Rivera's BS was his third this post-season and his fourth against Boston this year. :o:

Lip Man 1
10-19-2004, 12:43 PM
John Sterling was a pretty reasonable announcer when he was doing the Braves games back in the 80's.

I guess New York does that to you. Also in his defense he's being paid by the Yanks, just like Hawk is being paid by the Sox. If you're looking for objectivity among MLB announcers (with the exception of Vin Scully who has such a reputation the Dodgers dare not let him go) you're looking in the wrong place.

Lip

Brian26
10-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Loaiza - 3.1 INN, 1 Hit, 1 ER
Gordon - 0.2 INN, 2 Hits, 2 ER
Rivera - Blown Save

Rivera's BS was his third this post-season and his fourth against Boston this year. :o:

Calling last night's blown save a blown save is a little misleading. Rivera came in with a guy on third and one out. The next batter hit a flyball, and the game was tied. That's a hell of a tough save situation. But, you're right, technically it was a blown save.

Fenway
10-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I dont think you can blame Loaiza for last night. It was just an amazing night for both bullpens.

NOW the question in both Boston and New York....who the hell comes out of either bullpen TONIGHT????

For the Sox MENDOZA??????? yikes!!!!

and they very worried in NY

http://forums.nyyfans.com/index.php?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/616-1119bigfront.jpghttp://nypost.com/img/front101904.gif

bafiarocks03
10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
yea he did give up the winning run, but everything before that he pitched awesome! But i was really happy they brought him in cuz i wanted to see him soo bad!

GO BOSTON!!

balke
10-19-2004, 03:43 PM
He pitched the bottom inning for 3 innings, in Fenway Park. HE did a hell of a job getting that far. This thread should only have this title if he let it go in his first inning of relief, like everyone was expecting.

Gordon was the real piece of crap in that game.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I dont think you can blame Loaiza for last night. It was just an amazing night for both bullpens.

NOW the question in both Boston and New York....who the hell comes out of either bullpen TONIGHT????

For the Sox MENDOZA??????? yikes!!!!

and they very worried in NY

http://forums.nyyfans.com/index.php?

w/e man. I gotta cheer for the yankees. I think this is the 5th time ive said it. I can NOT root for a team like the cubs! Cant be done!!!

nitetrain8601
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM
w/e man. I gotta cheer for the yankees. I think this is the 5th time ive said it. I can NOT root for a team like the cubs! Cant be done!!!
No offense, but you are the wrong type of White Sox fan. First off, instead of having a name with Cubs in it, instead of something like your name or something having to do with the Sox. Also, you just talk about how everybody is like the Cubs. You seem to have a fascination with them. I mean I could understand if you didn't like the Red Sox because you're a part Yankees fan or the Red Sox just aren't one of those teams you root for. You just hate them because they seem like the Cubs. They're tottally different with the exception of the old ballpark and they haven't won. NEWSFLASH - THE WHITESOX HAVEN"T WON A WORLD SERIES IN AGES EITHER!!!!!!! Are you going to stop rooting for them because they seem too much like the Cubs??? The BoSox have fun. They don't blame each other. They have the exact clubhouse that Ozzie wants here. Disliking the Red Sox is fine, your reasons are bad though man.

BTW, Loaiza pitched a nice few innings yesterday. He actually looked like the Loaiza of last year. Here's hoping it goes to a Game 7.

StillMissOzzie
10-19-2004, 06:13 PM
John Sterling was a pretty reasonable announcer when he was doing the Braves games back in the 80's.

I guess New York does that to you. Also in his defense he's being paid by the Yanks, just like Hawk is being paid by the Sox.
Lip
I thought that Hawk worked for the media outlet(s) carrying the game, not the White Sox. I believe that all Sox announcers are subject to the approval of the Sox management, though. Of course, I could be wrong.

SMO
:gulp:

Fenway
10-19-2004, 06:56 PM
This is what I DON'T understand about how some White Sox fans hate Boston and would root for New York.

1908 Cubs
1917 White Sox
1918 Red Sox

I don't know why the White Sox are never mentioned along with the Cubs and Red Sox. I suspect the national press shuns the WS because of something that happened in 1919 and the fact that reporters do not see the best of Chicago on their way to 35th St. Unless I am wrong the WS have NOT won a home playoff game since 1959!!!

Look you HATE the Cubs and I understand that.....just like I hate the Evil Empire.

MUsoxfan
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
This is what I DON'T understand about how some White Sox fans hate Boston and would root for New York.

1908 Cubs
1917 White Sox
1918 Red Sox

I don't know why the White Sox are never mentioned along with the Cubs and Red Sox. I suspect the national press shuns the WS because of something that happened in 1919 and the fact that reporters do not see the best of Chicago on their way to 35th St. Unless I am wrong the WS have NOT won a home playoff game since 1959!!!

Look you HATE the Cubs and I understand that.....just like I hate the Evil Empire.

I'm with you all the way. The White Sox are the forgotten team of MLB. I like the Red Sox for several reasons and will continue rooting for them unless it conflicts with the interests of the White Sox.

Lip Man 1
10-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Ozzie:

Nope...what you are thinking of is the way it used to be. Remember they used to read those disclaimers that you were talking about on air.

Not anymore. Hawk is an employee of the White Sox. When the TV / radio stations get the deal they can't just bring in their own people. They have to use the Sox announcers. It's part of the contract. Hawk gets paid by the White Sox, not WMVP radio, Comcast or WGN.

And to be fair, it's not just the Sox, I can't think of any MLB team that still does it the old way (i.e. they are employees of the stations that do the games.)

Lip

StockdaleForVeep
10-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Why is it E lo pitched like 6 near perfect innings in extra innings when he couldnt do that in one reg season start for us THIS year

MUsoxfan
10-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Why is it E lo pitched like 6 near perfect innings in extra innings when he couldnt do that in one reg season start for us THIS year

In fairness...he didn't do it on a consistent basis at all with NYY. In fact, I think that was the first time he did it with them.

P.S. I LOVE the Family Guy reference in your sig