PDA

View Full Version : You know what I don't get about the Torre-George VISA commercial...

santo=dorf
10-18-2004, 08:50 PM
...George is unable to write checks, so he uses his VISA check card. So why does Joe tell him how to spell "Torre?" :?: George signs his name on the slip, not Joe's. Anyone else notice this?

IA_soxfan
10-18-2004, 08:53 PM
...George is unable to write checks, so he uses his VISA check card. So why does Joe tell him how to spell "Torre?" :?: George signs his name on the slip, not Joe's. Anyone else notice this?
If he is writing a check to Joe, he would have to put Torre's name of the "pay to the order of" line. :cool:

Jjav829
10-18-2004, 08:54 PM
...George is unable to write checks, so he uses his VISA check card. So why does Joe tell him how to spell "Torre?" :?: George signs his name on the slip, not Joe's. Anyone else notice this?I think the point is supposed to be that George is signing Torre's paycheck. Now why Joe has to tell George how to spell Torre, I don't know.

idseer
10-18-2004, 09:12 PM
it's a stupid commercial! :?:

Jjav829
10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
it's a stupid commercial! :?:
I agree that it is a stupid commercial because there just isn't enough violence in it. Now if they showed Steinbrenner hurting himself, and then not being able to write checks, it would be hilarious. :D:

batmanZoSo
10-18-2004, 11:33 PM

It's best not to watch anything that involves Joe Torre or the Yankees.

ma_deuce
10-19-2004, 12:01 PM
http://itsb.ucsf.edu/vcr/APFrauFrownBig.gif

"It's a television commercial! With this baseball owner! And all of these people are trying to help him...Hey Steinbrenner! Steinbrenner! We want to get your pot of gold!"