PDA

View Full Version : Big dollar contracts!

Foulke29
10-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Alright, from posting in another thread, I cited some players that I thought were busts.

In this thread, talk about some of the best signings that the White Sox made - and why.

If you'd like to talk about non White Sox signings, that's cool too. Who was a great signing, and who was a bust?

gosox41
10-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Alright, from posting in another thread, I cited some players that I thought were busts.

In this thread, talk about some of the best signings that the White Sox made - and why.

If you'd like to talk about non White Sox signings, that's cool too. Who was a great signing, and who was a bust?
Julio Franco turned out great for the 2/3 of a year he was here. Who knew in 1994 he's still be playing ball 10 years later..
Bo because he brought media attention to the team.
Shingo-the only reliable arm in the bullpen.
Fisk-stole a HOF catcher away from Boston
Seaver-Snuck under the radar to claim a HOFer.

Bob

Lip Man 1
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Ellis Burks had an outstanding 1993 season and was well worth the 750,000 he was paid. Of course he left before 1994.

One could argue that because of the numbers that he put up Albert Belle was an excellent signing. Of course the Sox then pulled the plug on what they were doing nine months afterwards in order to embarass themselves nationally and locally and bring us 'the kids can play'

Greg Luzinski was a good pick up as well considering the power numbers from 81 through 83 and the fact that he was named the D.H. of the year twice. I don't remember if he was a free agent or if the Sox got him when he was released. I think the Phils released him but I'm not sure.

Lip

SomebodyToldMe
10-18-2004, 03:05 PM
:bandance: Mike Jackson!:bandance:

Teh S0x0r
10-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Greg Luzinski was a good pick up as well considering the power numbers from 81 through 83 and the fact that he was named the D.H. of the year twice. I don't remember if he was a free agent or if the Sox got him when he was released. I think the Phils released him but I'm not sure.

"Luzinski was sold to the White Sox before the 1981 season and he immediately became Chicago's full-time DH..."

From Baseball Library.com