PDA

View Full Version : Sammy's Back Spasms. (RUMOR)

santo=dorf
10-18-2004, 01:05 AM
My friend told me last night that his uncle is a die-hard Cubs fan and is golfing buddies with Steve Stone. He said that Stone told his Uncle that Scammy failed a drug test back in June, and he avoided his mandatory follow-up drug test right after it by going on the DL. I guess he used the month to clean up his act and pass the mandatory follow up drug test. Can anyone verify the rules with drug testing for illegal substances?

gosox41
10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
My friend told me last night that his uncle is a die-hard Cubs fan and is golfing buddies with Steve Stone. He said that Stone told his Uncle that Scammy failed a drug test back in June, and he avoided his mandatory follow-up drug test right after it by going on the DL. I guess he used the month to clean up his act and pass the mandatory follow up drug test. Can anyone verify the rules with drug testing for illegal substances?

I mentioned this back whe Sammy went down and no one believed in the conspiracy. I do, though. Just like I believe that MLB put out a mandate last season to not check Sammy's bats for cork after the corked bat incident. Any manager with half a brain would know that the way to get in Sammy's head is just to simply check his bat after he hits a HR. Yet guys who play mind games (aka LaRussa) never did this.

Bob

depy48
10-18-2004, 10:35 AM
i believe this to be true, but isnt it true that you cant go on a minor league rehab if you're caught with illegal drug