PDA

View Full Version : Garbage World Series!!

soxwon
10-17-2004, 05:49 PM
If the yankees go on to the series(im sure they will)
and somehow someway Houston makes it, i think it will be an awfull series.

two poll questions
A- who would you root for?
B- Who would you think would win the series?

Dub25
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
I would root for the Astros but I think with the Yankees having a much better bullpen they would win the series.

Shingotime!!
10-17-2004, 07:01 PM
It would be interesting to see Clemens pitch against his old team.

JB98
10-17-2004, 07:11 PM
It would be interesting to see Clemens pitch against his old team.
That's the East coast media's wet dream. I'd like to avoid that. Go Cardinals.

nitetrain8601
10-17-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't think it will be a horrible WS at all if either team from the NL makes it. In fact, if the Cards make it, that would be worse. They have no pitching at all for the starters and their bullpen is starting to choke. The Yankees will have a field day with that. The Astros got the starting pitching, a great closer and hitting to match the Cards. That would be a far more entertaining series. But I hope the Yankees win it all so they'll concentrate on pitching, and less on things they don't really need like Beltran.

voodoochile
10-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't think it will be a horrible WS at all if either team from the NL makes it. In fact, if the Cards make it, that would be worse. They have no pitching at all for the starters and their bullpen is starting to choke. The Yankees will have a field day with that. The Astros got the starting pitching, a great closer and hitting to match the Cards. That would be a far more entertaining series. But I hope the Yankees win it all so they'll concentrate on pitching, and less on things they don't really need like Beltran.
It would be damned tough for other MLB owners to continue to say, "We can't afford the FA's and to make the trades" after Houston made it to the WS too.

Simply more evidence that a team CAN "go for it" on short notice if they are willing to spend and be aggressive.

LongLiveFisk
10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I will cheer for the NL team, whoever it is, but I would much rather see St. Louis. Not only do I like them better than Houston, but I think they have a better chance of beating the Yanks. Nothing scientific here, just my gut feeling.

soxwon
10-17-2004, 10:09 PM
It would be damned tough for other MLB owners to continue to say, "We can't afford the FA's and to make the trades" after Houston made it to the WS too.

Simply more evidence that a team CAN "go for it" on short notice if they are willing to spend and be aggressive.

voodo i just noticed you have 13,000 posts since 2001

nothin personal but do you have a life?

about how many posts do you average a day.

youve got to be # 1 poster around here.

SomebodyToldMe
10-17-2004, 10:22 PM
voodo i just noticed you have 13,000 posts since 2001

nothin personal but do you have a life?

about how many posts do you average a day.

youve got to be # 1 poster around here.
He averages 11.21 posts per day, according to his profile.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
:o: :rolling:

And i thought i posted alot on this site

SomebodyToldMe
10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
:o: :rolling:

And i thought i posted alot on this site
I'm addicted to these kind of boards...On another site I average more than that.

Kuzman
10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
hell when i was workin in an office with internet acces thats all i did was post on this site, but now im working outdoor and hardly touch my computer..

so dont hop on him about not having a life..

Daver
10-17-2004, 11:00 PM
He is an Admin for the site, it is no surprise his post count would be up there.

I averaged more than that for awhile, but other things have forced me to spend less time here.

soxwon
10-17-2004, 11:04 PM
hell when i was workin in an office with internet acces thats all i did was post on this site, but now im working outdoor and hardly touch my computer..

im not hoping on him i was just , making light of it.
i just thought that was really ALOT of posts lol.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm addicted to these kind of boards...On another site I average more than that.this is all i do in my free time basically. Well this and cardsclubhouse.com
Preety sad, huh. :whistle:
I think out of anybody on this website, i change my sig the most. and im PROUD OF IT!

voodoochile
10-18-2004, 08:20 AM
He is an Admin for the site, it is no surprise his post count would be up there.

I averaged more than that for awhile, but other things have forced me to spend less time here.
That's a good chunk of it. I probably have 2-3 posts a day dealing with admin stuff, or answering questions about various forums or how to do something.

Actaully, I post a lot less now that I own a restaurant, but yes, I do have the most post of anyone on the board. I am the U. P. W.:D:

SSN721
10-18-2004, 09:03 AM
I personally am rooting for the Astros. I always liked their team and the core of players they have had together for what seems my whole life. I liked Biggio and Bagwell a lot growing up so I hope they make it to the series. And I think with their hitting, good top of the order pitching and phenomenal closer I think they can give the Yanks a run for their money.

idseer
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
they've already addressed this post but if i can add my 2 cents.
even with that many posts you'll discover that there is substance to them ... as opposed to many who post here with nothing to actually say.

Uncle_Patrick
10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
That guy Aidan had like 1200 posts and he only registered for this board in July.

Anyway, I don't see what would be wrong with a Houston-New York World Series. In any case, I'll be rooting for any National League team.

dpbyron
10-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Not the Yankee$ again....

At least when Da Bulls were on their run they were there because they had the best team with the greatest player the game had ever seen. These smucks are their every year because the BUY there way each season. :bs:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn nnnnn.

Mohoney
10-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Either way, it's a whole lot better than the Red Sox-Cubs World Series that we have all been forcefed by every national media outlet since March.

God Bless the New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds for keeping the World Series free of these two mockeries.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2004, 09:58 PM
That guy Aidan had like 1200 posts and he only registered for this board in July.

Anyway, I don't see what would be wrong with a Houston-New York World Series. In any case, I'll be rooting for any National League team.

I have however many I have (2600?) in 13 months. And I didn't post at all for most of June and July. This is basically all I ever do online. I have email, occasionally play a pool tourney. A lot of the time I'm posting just to kill time in between downloading songs.

Deadguy
10-18-2004, 10:16 PM

I work third shift 40 hours a week, am a full time graduate student, and still find a way to waste free time in forums such as this. :rolleyes: