PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Crushing Red Sox

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 11:28 PM
The score is 17-6 in the seventh inning.

ode to veeck
10-16-2004, 11:37 PM
who cares

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 11:42 PM
who cares
Some of the posters here do.

DaveIsHere
10-16-2004, 11:43 PM
The score is 17-6 in the seventh inning.
Holy crap, well good for the AL Cubs, I think the Yanks will get it handed to them by the Cards in the WS........at least that is my hope

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Holy crap, well good for the AL Cubs, I think the Yanks will get it handed to them by the Cards in the WS........at least that is my hope
I'd have to agree with that.

Flight #24
10-16-2004, 11:55 PM
In a pretty amazing performance, Bronson Arroyo: 60 pitches, 2 "misses" by the Yanks, i.e. when they swung, they missed twice (both by ARod).

That's the way to get your team back in the game. Luckily for the BoSox, Kevin Brown was no better. Unluckily for the Red Sox, they apparently have Jaime Navarro & Billy Koch under assumed names making up the rest of their pitching staff.

:jaime

"It's pretty hard to win when your team only scores 8 or 10.......wait, this is football, right?"

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 11:58 PM
In a pretty amazing performance, Bronson Arroyo: 60 pitches, 2 "misses" by the Yanks, i.e. when they swung, they missed twice (both by ARod).

That's the way to get your team back in the game. Luckily for the BoSox, Kevin Brown was no better. Unluckily for the Red Sox, they apparently have Jaime Navarro & Billy Koch under assumed names making up the rest of their pitching staff.

:jaime

"It's pretty hard to win when your team only scores 8 or 10.......wait, this is football, right?"
I will say this much regarding the Red Sox, or rather, one particular player on their roster. I've been extremely impressed with David Ortiz and his performance in these playoffs. I don't know what the rest of you think of him, but he's fast becoming one of my favorite players. He never says anything. All he does is hit. I'm enjoying watching him.

Flight #24
10-17-2004, 12:05 AM
I will say this much regarding the Red Sox, or rather, one particular player on their roster. I've been extremely impressed with David Ortiz and his performance in these playoffs. I don't know what the rest of you think of him, but he's fast becoming one of my favorite players. He never says anything. All he does is hit. I'm enjoying watching him.
I'd agree. He's one heck of a hitter. Lookking over his stats, I can't believe he never got more of a chance with the Twins. He's dominating any of this MIN stats, but he only have 1 year when he got >415 ABs. One they definitely let get away.

MRKARNO
10-17-2004, 12:10 AM

I think we're going to see a highly competitve WS if it ends up being Cards-Yanks which will go either 6 or 7 games.

RKMeibalane
10-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I'd agree. He's one heck of a hitter. Lookking over his stats, I can't believe he never got more of a chance with the Twins. He's dominating any of this MIN stats, but he only have 1 year when he got >415 ABs. One they definitely let get away.
I think Minnesota was concerned about whether he would be able to stay healthy. That was a problem for Ortiz during his first few seasons in the league. In hindsight, I think they made a big mistake letting him go. If there's one thing the Twins lack, it's the presence of a run-producer in the middle of their lineup. I suppose that's a good thing for us, though. It's defnitely a plus for the Sox to not have to face Ortiz nineteen times each season.

JGarlandrules20
10-17-2004, 12:12 AM
19-8..top of the ninth.

Matsui is amazing...

RKMeibalane
10-17-2004, 12:14 AM
19-8..top of the ninth.

Matsui is amazing...
Yes, he is.

monkeypants
10-17-2004, 12:41 AM
And still the Yanks don't let Loaiza pitch. That's confidence.

JGarlandrules20
10-17-2004, 01:26 AM
And still the Yanks don't let Loaiza pitch. That's confidence.Yeah, he never even warmed up! When you're leading by 8 runs maybe you can give the guy a chance to get some work in?

That pissed me off.

chisoxmike
10-17-2004, 01:32 AM
RIP 2004 Red Sox

Baby Fisk
10-17-2004, 01:58 PM
These Red Sox have choked mightily. I suspect (barring a freak play) that Johnny Damon is this year's lead candidate for the annual off-season Salem Witch Hunt. He will be cast as the guy who suddenly forgot how to swing a bat, and never had an arm in the first place, and just added to the image of the BoSox as a bunch of "idiots" who were more up on their goofy hair than on getting serious and beating the Yankees.

Anybody see the on-the-spot interview with Stephen King? The Yankee triumphalism spewed out by the interviewer was sickening. King looked like he was about to say "I CURSE YOU THINNER!" Is that prick some castoff or wannabee from the YES network? :angry:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-17-2004, 02:41 PM
im GLAD! go YANKEES! yesterday was homecoming at school and we went out for pizza afterwards..They had the game on, and i saw the score. i was like YES!I cheered aloud and these girls next to me, including my GF who were all cubs/red sox fans, were like "We can still come back" The score was like freaking 17-8. Thats that cubbie fan attitude!

HomeFish
10-17-2004, 03:40 PM
By the time Yankee run #13 had crossed home plate, the camera focused mostly on Red Sox fans crying in the stands.

I have no complaints about either the score or the coverage. I love seeing the Red Sox fans taken back down to Earth.:bandance:

HomeFish
10-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Also, anyone note how Red Sox fans now throw back Yankee foul balls?

bigfoot
10-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Will this become yet another mindless quirk that will be labeled as "endearing" at the Urinal?

mdep524
10-17-2004, 05:09 PM
I wanted to mention this too. God, how pathetic is that? I really hope this doesn't catch on at Wrigley Field too.

SOXSINCE'70
10-17-2004, 05:24 PM
"Hawk" Harrelson was right.Earlier this year,when the Sox had
choked it all away,he said "some teams can take the pressure,
some teams can't".The Yankmees and Cardinals can.
The Sox (both Red and White) :angry: and sCrUBS :D: can't.

'Nuff said.

SOXSINCE'70
10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
im GLAD! go YANKEES! yesterday was homecoming at school and we went out for pizza afterwards..They had the game on, and i saw the score. i was like YES!I cheered aloud and these girls next to me, including my GF who were all cubs/red sox fans, were like "We can still come back" The score was like freaking 17-8. Thats that cubbie fan attitude!
Sadly,the sCrUBS and BloSox think alike.I went to www.bostonherald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/)
this morning.On their homepage,One BloSox fan was heard chanting
"there's still a lot of baseball to be played".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone should tell this looooo-sah that when a team goes up 3-0
in a best of 7 series,it would take a monumental collapse for that team
to lose the series.Guess it's Yankmees and Cardinals.

LET'S GO CARDINALS!! :D: :D: :D: :D:

chisoxmike
10-17-2004, 05:45 PM

Morons.

Flight #24
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Someone should tell this looooo-sah that when a team goes up 3-0
in a best of 7 series,it would take a monumental collapse for that team
to lose the series.Guess it's Yankmees and Cardinals.

anyone else see the stat about being down 3-0 in 7-game series? No comeback EVER in MLB, NBA, and only 2 in NHL history. Them's not good odds.